• The Mickey Follower

December AP Reservations

Are there any other AP holders out there that are having the same problem? I'm trying to book some nights for the first weekend in December (1st - 5th). When I log into the web site, I can get those dates because of the 120 day BRP (anyone else hate this program). Ok, fine, I can accept that I'm not in the 120 day window, but I should be able to still reserve a room on the web site as a Passholder. But it doesn't let me.

I called, but was basically told SOL. Do they release December/Holiday dates next month... etc?

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Re: December AP Reservations

I think that you're going to be out of luck on a passholder rate during the time frame you wish to go. This new Passholder Best Rate Program has so many undesirable features for obtaining a hotel discount. Chiefly, having to book 120 days in advance, only through the website or a travel agent, but the two worst ones are the non-refundable deposit and not knowing what the rate will be.

The only slim ray of hope I see of it going back to the hotel discount rate passholders have gotten accustomed to is by filing a complaint. Also, there is some language in the Mickey Monitor this month about the offer: "This program is subject to change or discontinuance at any time and without notice." I'd like to be optimistic about that quote, but I think that's a pipe dream.

Perhaps you could try booking a room through the resort reservation system as a non-passholder would.

From what I've read on various Disney boards/sites about this new program, it seems to be designed to weed out a few thousand passholders by creating a hotel reservation/discount system that is undesirable.

I'm also sorry that this response does not help you much, if any. I remember a thread you were in a few months ago trying to decide whether or not to buy an AP and other passholders such as myself suggested you do so, primarily for the great hotel discounts.

I'm not happy that WDW has changed this policy either. I won't be able to go back to WDW again before my AP expires due to this change in policy. I'm not able to block out vacation days at work four months in advance!

Take care, and good luck...!

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Just received a passholder e-mail from WDW with some changes to the "Best Rate" program. You may now book 60 days in advance of your trip instead of 120! They've also addes the dates 12/20/05-12/25/05 as available for booking under the program as well.

Hope this helps you out Slowbee!

• The Mickey Follower

Quote Originally Posted by ron10036
    Just received a passholder e-mail from WDW with some changes to the "Best Rate" program. You may now book 60 days in advance of your trip instead of 120! They've also addes the dates 12/20/05-12/25/05 as available for booking under the program as well.

Hope this helps you out Slowbee!
    yeah, I saw that. Which is a much better program now that they reduced the number of days. Going to make my reservations later today. My problem is that I still can not get a room at ANY of the monorail hotels. Not one room at GF, Poly or the Contemp. To me, that is shocking considering that we're planning on going during 'Value Season'.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by slowbee
    yeah, I saw that. Which is a much better program now that they reduced the number of days. Going to make my reservations later today. My problem is that I still can not get a room at ANY of the monorail hotels. Not one room at GF, Poly or the Contemp. To me, that is shocking considering that we're planning on going during 'Value Season'.
    That is shocking... Have you thought about Wilderness Lodge? Not on the monorail, but is an MK resort. I stayed there on my last visit and the water launch to MK was very convenient.

Glad you're able to go and use the discount. Have a good trip!

• The Mickey Follower

Quote Originally Posted by ron10036
    That is shocking... Have you thought about Wilderness Lodge? Not on the monorail, but is an MK resort. I stayed there on my last visit and the water launch to MK was very convenient.

Glad you're able to go and use the discount. Have a good trip!

we're wanting to do a Monorail resort. we have a baby girl and it's easier on the monorail than the buses going to and from the theme parks... we'll make do with what we can. It's all about seeing Mickey during the holidays...

91 days and counting....

• Minion

My take on this is that they are only releasing the value resorts this far out, hoping to sell the moderates and the premiums at book rate. I'm hoping that as December gets closer there will be more rooms opening up at the better resorts. If not, well I guess it's Pop Century for me!

^^^Cheapskate!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    ^^^Cheapskate!
    Moi?? Cheap??? Not in the least! In fact, I'm pretty frugal in the real world so that I can spend more in the Disney worlds. So if I'm relegated to staying in Pop Century, it ain't cuz I'm cheap - it's cuz I'm broke!