Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21
  1. #16

    • We'll hold them at bay
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,805

    Re: Will all new Disney/Pixar films going DD 3D how will this impact the attactions?

    Quote Originally Posted by OFTEric View Post
    I personally think a 3-D technology like that would work WONDERS on Mission Space for instance, or another attraction where you would have 1 viewing portal per person.
    Thats a good idea
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom


  2. #17

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,206

    Re: Will all new Disney/Pixar films going DD 3D how will this impact the attactions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    I noticed that too, more so when I rode the no-spin side with my daughter, I think it has more to do with the fact that the rides take a long time to develop and when they debuted MS with the spinning and all most people didn't notice that the 3d rendering was probably a year or two obsolete.
    Which is why a ride shouldn't rely on 3D rendering as Mission:Space does.

  3. #18

    • Disneyholic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Will all new Disney/Pixar films going DD 3D how will this impact the attactions?

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Which is why a ride shouldn't rely on 3D rendering as Mission:Space does.
    Well it can provided its not real time rendering and is a recorded loop, when done correctly it can be indistinguishable from real life. I think the reason that did it the way they did was to make the attraction easier to "upgrade" to new experiences without a major overhaul and retuning of the systems. So in theory when Mars gets old you can go to Lunar base Alpha, Io, deep space station Alpha or maybe Venus.
    I think they probaly where looking for more longevity than the mission to the moon had when we went to the Moon right after it was opened and they had to change it to Mars a few years later.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

  4. #19

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,889

    Re: Will all new Disney/Pixar films going DD 3D how will this impact the attactions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    Well it can provided its not real time rendering and is a recorded loop, when done correctly it can be indistinguishable from real life. I think the reason that did it the way they did was to make the attraction easier to "upgrade" to new experiences without a major overhaul and retuning of the systems. So in theory when Mars gets old you can go to Lunar base Alpha, Io, deep space station Alpha or maybe Venus.
    I think they probaly where looking for more longevity than the mission to the moon had when we went to the Moon right after it was opened and they had to change it to Mars a few years later.

    who knows, so far Disney's done little to update any of their filmed attractions especially in WDW

    a upgrade would be nice especially if they could at least update the textures or something, it's just a shame when game consoles are beating you out for real time data rendering (and unlike Midway Mania it's not like your rendering a large interactive scene with a stereoscopic effect, it's a small televison like screen)

    It would deffinatly look better if it were an artist rendered screen with someone polishing up each frame and making sure each frame had enough detail

    as is though I suppose it still works mostly because the technology behind it is great and very effective at giving the feeling of a space launch.

  5. #20

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    178

    Re: Will all new Disney/Pixar films going DD 3D how will this impact the attactions?

    Quote Originally Posted by jerren
    Will all new Disney/Pixar films going DD 3D how will this impact the attactions?
    When I saw something about double-D 3-D, I was thinking that Disney was getting into the adult film industry.

  6. #21

    • Disneyholic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Will all new Disney/Pixar films going DD 3D how will this impact the attactions?

    Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    When I saw something about double-D 3-D, I was thinking that Disney was getting into the adult film industry.
    There where a few "remakes" of the classic films along those lines as I recall they were not that great...

    The double D was for Disney Digital... the thread title has a maximum length.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Rank Pixar Films, including Up...
    By MickeyMousePal in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 02:41 PM
  2. [Question] Of all the Disney Imagineers, who do you think had the greatest impact
    By cositaluvsmickey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 10:13 PM
  3. Is Anyone Getting Sick of Pixar Films and Computer Animation in General?
    By PragmaticIdealist in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-28-2006, 09:32 AM
  4. Disney-Pixar films featured at Los Angeles Film Festival
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 08:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •