Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• We'll hold them at bay

Re: Will all new Disney/Pixar films going DD 3D how will this impact the attactions?

Quote Originally Posted by OFTEric View Post
    I personally think a 3-D technology like that would work WONDERS on Mission Space for instance, or another attraction where you would have 1 viewing portal per person.
    Thats a good idea
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Minion

Re: Will all new Disney/Pixar films going DD 3D how will this impact the attactions?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    I noticed that too, more so when I rode the no-spin side with my daughter, I think it has more to do with the fact that the rides take a long time to develop and when they debuted MS with the spinning and all most people didn't notice that the 3d rendering was probably a year or two obsolete.
    Which is why a ride shouldn't rely on 3D rendering as Mission:Space does.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Which is why a ride shouldn't rely on 3D rendering as Mission:Space does.
    Well it can provided its not real time rendering and is a recorded loop, when done correctly it can be indistinguishable from real life. I think the reason that did it the way they did was to make the attraction easier to "upgrade" to new experiences without a major overhaul and retuning of the systems. So in theory when Mars gets old you can go to Lunar base Alpha, Io, deep space station Alpha or maybe Venus.
    I think they probaly where looking for more longevity than the mission to the moon had when we went to the Moon right after it was opened and they had to change it to Mars a few years later.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    Well it can provided its not real time rendering and is a recorded loop, when done correctly it can be indistinguishable from real life. I think the reason that did it the way they did was to make the attraction easier to "upgrade" to new experiences without a major overhaul and retuning of the systems. So in theory when Mars gets old you can go to Lunar base Alpha, Io, deep space station Alpha or maybe Venus.
    I think they probaly where looking for more longevity than the mission to the moon had when we went to the Moon right after it was opened and they had to change it to Mars a few years later.

who knows, so far Disney's done little to update any of their filmed attractions especially in WDW

a upgrade would be nice especially if they could at least update the textures or something, it's just a shame when game consoles are beating you out for real time data rendering (and unlike Midway Mania it's not like your rendering a large interactive scene with a stereoscopic effect, it's a small televison like screen)

It would deffinatly look better if it were an artist rendered screen with someone polishing up each frame and making sure each frame had enough detail

as is though I suppose it still works mostly because the technology behind it is great and very effective at giving the feeling of a space launch.

Quote Originally Posted by jerren
    Will all new Disney/Pixar films going DD 3D how will this impact the attactions?
    When I saw something about double-D 3-D, I was thinking that Disney was getting into the adult film industry.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    When I saw something about double-D 3-D, I was thinking that Disney was getting into the adult film industry.
    There where a few "remakes" of the classic films along those lines as I recall they were not that great...

The double D was for Disney Digital... the thread title has a maximum length.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12