View Poll Results: At what park would you put Harry Potter Attractions?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Magic Kingdom

4 12.12%
  • EPCOT

4 12.12%
  • Disney (MGM) Studios

24 72.73%
  • Animal Kingdom

1 3.03%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Harry Potter at WDW?

Lately I have been pondering the fact that (last year I think it was) the Walt Disney Company purchased the rights to the Harry Potter franchise. I have seen the HP movies on the Disney Channel and I have wondered the potential of developing the them into attractions or even a land at one of the parks. Im curious for everyone elses thoughts on this?

I think it might be a good boost for Disney (MGM) Studios or even Fantasyland at the MK. Also, the odd and unusual animals in the books such as the hippogrifs could make a good attraction at AK.

I think they could also develop rides from the Quiddith Game concept or rides through Hogwarts castle.

Anyone else got ideas?

Thanks for your time! Have a Disney Day!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Harry Potter at WDW?

Disney bought the network television broadcast rights, not the franchise.

I was misinformed. However, I believe this post should continue. One of the purposes of this board is to share ideas and concepts. What does everyone else think about the possibility of having HP at Disney?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I agree with you, Harry Potter fits in beautifully with the Disney themes... too bad Michael Eisner was outbid by Warner Bros., he blew it big time.

Disney could have gotten Harry Potter?

• Minion

Leave it for Universal...

• Disney Memory Maker

Universal does not have the Theme Park rights. Infact, they are the ones that caused people to beleive that Disney has them. At some announcment, a guy from Universal said that they couldn't get the rights because Disney beat them to it. Since no park has confirmed that they have the Theme Park rights (and somebody probably has them if what Universal said is true)...then there is a slight chance that Disney might have them. But as of now, we don't know who has them.

As for the poll, I think it matters what attraction. If it is a show (or something focusing more on Harry & the human characters), then it should be in DMGM Studios. If it is a full blown ride (or something that focus more on the non-human characters), it should be in Animal Kingdom as a resurfacing of Beastlie Kingdomme.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

I hope some other theme park company has got the rights to harry potter. It's just nothing for a Disneypark. It's so different. If I had to make a choice, well then put a character meet in the DMGM Studios. And wouldn't it be weird to have a Disney attraction from a Warner Bros. movie ?
    - Milo

• Disney Memory Maker

Not any weirder than Disney having Star Tours in their park or Twilight Zone. The easy solution would be to just wait until after all the movies are out.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

I definatly want to see a Harry Potter ride/attraction at WDW. As for where it should go...I say either the U.K. Pavillion at Epcot or Fantasyland at MK.

• ROFLCOPTER

U.K Pavillion? Nice Idea, but the Hogwarts castle is in Scotland. But a Harry Potter Meet and Greet there would be nice.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Goofy
    U.K Pavillion? Nice Idea, but the Hogwarts castle is in Scotland. But a Harry Potter Meet and Greet there would be nice.
    I believe the book is set in England.

I believe the 1st two films were filmed in England. The third film (and I'm prosuming the rest of the films) is filmed in Scotland. Although technically there is no Hogwarts castle (since it was CG). But I do believe that the story takes place in England (despite where it was filmed).

-Michael

• ROFLCOPTER

Hmm. I think your right. Anyway's, The Pavillion is too small for a effective ride.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Goofy
    Hmm. I think your right. Anyway's, The Pavillion is too small for a effective ride.
    I wouldn't give me credit too fast. I am actually wrong. I was looking on Wikipedia and it shows that although never mentioned in the book, JK has settled on Scotland as the location. Either way though, you are right in that there is no room there for a ride. However, since it is the United Kingdom Pavilion...and the UK does include both England and Scotland...a meet & greet there would be the correct spot (despite where the story takes place)

-Michael

• ROFLCOPTER

Isn't Canada adding a ride?
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast