• I'm A

Design a World Showcase Attraction.

Okay here's the subject of this thread. I know that there has been some talk of adding more WS attractions. But what are your ideas to add to any existing pavillion. Any attraction ride or show that not only promotes the country. But is also interesting and intriguing. Responses can either be ideas or questions. Don't post in this thread if you don't want it to be criticized or asked how you could make it better. Also type your country at the top as a title and then divulge into exactly what you want to do and how you plan to execute it i.e. simulator, boat ride, rollercoaster.
    Visit

Click the Banner

• We'll hold them at bay

Re: Design a World Showcase Attraction.

I would add two: Russia and Brazil. Russia's pavillon would have an IMAX movie called "Land of the Bear" that offers a detailed look at the nation. The typical russian architecture would be present

Brazil would have entertainers, an eatery and shops. I would add an amazon journey showing the history and culture. At the end I would resurrect the old Equatorial Africa idea of a walk through exhibit where you are surrounded by the sounds of the amazon rainforest ( as opposed to the african savannah) with birds, bats, monkeys, frogs and the jaguar.
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Minion

The Sinbad ride at DisneySea is exactly what I would like World Showcase rides to be...rides based on the literature (fables, fairytales, novels etc) of different countries with animatronics / sets built to look like the artwork of those countries.

• Sock Puppet

Venice gondola ride in Italy, the abandoned Rhine River ride concept in Germany (would be an easy addition since the show building is already there), Mt.Fuji in Japan, and some sort of dark ride through London in the UK (some have hoped for a return for Mr Toad's Wild Ride to come to Epcot's UK).

All of the other pavilions already have attractions, weather they are circle vision movies or boat rides (I think I left out Morocco). There's also the rumored Canadian river raft ride that would also block the Soarin' show building from being viewed.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WDWizard View Post
    (some have hoped for a return for Mr Toad's Wild Ride to come to Epcot's UK).

There's also the rumored Canadian river raft ride that would also block the Soarin' show building from being viewed.
    These are the 2 I am hoping for the most!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Minion

An idea for the Japan pavilion...how about a ride based on Miyazaki film? Disney already has a business relationship with him, and he is a true Japanese artist. I can think of some scenarios that could use the LPS system (of Hunny Hunt fame) quite nicely. I really don't care for "Mount Fuji"...there are enough roller coaster "mountains" at WDW already IMO. (I don't much care for the Canada raft ride either...I don't go to Epcot to get soaked...but if it blocks the view of Soarin, then more power to it).

One ride I think would be a perfect fit for World Showcase is "It's a Small World"...not as part of a pavilion, but on its own, perhaps occupying the spot currently held by the America pavilion. Though it might be sacriledge to some not to have it in the Magic Kingdom.

• Five-Legged Goat

Countries to add (taking into account geographic diversity of existing World Showcase pavilions):
    Greece
    Thailand
    Peru
    Russia
    Egypt

Greece, Thailand, Russia, and Egypt are probably on many people's shortlist of future World Showcase pavilions; all have highly recognizable architecture and well-defined dining and shopping opportunities. Like Norway and Morocco, I feel Peru is one of those countries that wouldn't initially be on most such lists, but which features a lot of culture/sites that in fact make it an ideal candidate upon closer consideration. The country is geographically and ethnically varied, encompassing not only part of the Amazon river and rainforest, but also other iconic natural features (Lake Titicaca), and landmarks from both Inca (Machu Picchu) and pre-Inca (Nazca Lines) civilizations. Peruvian cuisine is among the most diverse and interesting in the Americas, featuring indigenous, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, and African influences. Shoppers can find a variety of woven wares of the alpaca/llama variety -- hats, sweaters, scarfs, etc. -- as well as other handicrafts.

Attractions to add to existing countries:
    I love the Matterhorn Bobsleds and have long wanted a Matterhorn for WDW, but I'm not really enamored of a Mt. Fuji coaster. Even though bobsleds don't race down the slopes of the actual Matterhorn and there are no abominable snowmen haunting its ice caves, those themes don't seem overly discordant in a Matterhorn-themed ride. On the other hand, not only do bobsleds and Mt. Fuji seem like a total non-fit to me, I can't visualize any sort of conveyance (real or imaginary) zipping in and around Mt. Fuji while creating the necessary degree of suspension of disbelief. To me, a Mt. Fuji coaster would feel like a "reach," and would be out of place for World Showcase.

What I would like to see:
    Italy - Pinocchio's Daring Journey, updated with new technology and effects

Germany - Rhine River cruise

United Kingdom - Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (either as a highly-themed, entirely enclosed Wild Mouse coaster, or using Pooh's Hunny Hunt trackless vehicle technology) and/or Alice's Curious Labyrinth (from DLP)

China - In the Afterword to The Disney Mountains: Imagineering at its Peak, Tony Baxter mentions that the "Dragon's Teeth" mountains along the Li River would make an ideal setting for a future "mountain." (See "Guilin" on Wikipedia for photos.) A small range of such mountains would make a fantastic backdrop to the existing buildings in the China pavilion. They could house an attraction similar to Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo DisneySea; the ride vehicles could be fashioned after ancient Chinese chariots, and the ride could feature encounters with the Monkey King and other deities/spirits/mythological beasts, culminating in an encounter with a full-scale AA dragon and a climactic drop.

• Addicted to MC since '08

I agree with Kuhio in that the China Pavilion would do great with a "D" or "E" ticket ride. I also like the Mr. Toad's Wild Ride Idea.

• We'll hold them at bay

I like the Peru idea. I wouldn't add 5+ nations to WS. It would feel kind of crowded
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• Five-Legged Goat

I thought I read somewhere that WS actually still has room for 6-8 new pavilions. I assume that if all those spaces were filled in, all of WS would feel as crowded as the Mexico-Norway-China "block," which seems to be fully optimized country-wise.

I do think that would feel kind of crowded -- Norway and China, in particular, have always felt a little squished together.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhio View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that WS actually still has room for 6-8 new pavilions. I assume that if all those spaces were filled in, all of WS would feel as crowded as the Mexico-Norway-China "block," which seems to be fully optimized country-wise.

I do think that would feel kind of crowded -- Norway and China, in particular, have always felt a little squished together.
    That is basically correct. They do have the lots although I suppose the International Gateway took 1 or 2
    www.jamboeveryone.com