Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Disneyholic

Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    They could always move it to Epoct in Future World, home of the COP's sequel, horzions.
    That would work for me too, but I rather have them leave CoP there, put Horizons back in perhaps in the wonders of life pavilion, emptying out into an area that could host body wars and other "futuristic" mini attractions... dare to dream....
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    They could always move it to Epoct in Future World, home of the COP's sequel, horzions.
    I think COP overlaps too much with SSE to be meaningful in Future World...and the latter is better anyway IMO. As long as they some day restore SSE's ending to the way it used to be, it's enough for me as far rides looking at past achievements and future aspirations. Horizons was nice but also somewhat similarly redundant.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    I think COP overlaps too much with SSE to be meaningful in Future World...and the latter is better anyway IMO. As long as they some day restore SSE's ending to the way it used to be, it's enough for me as far rides looking at past achievements and future aspirations. Horizons was nice but also somewhat similarly redundant.
    I have to disagree a bit on the Horizons comment, Horizons was a look to the future not the past, "if we can dream it we can do it!" theme through showing what we might accomplish etc. I guess to modernize it a but it would be "keep looking forward" but I think Epcot is missing that we can do it, and the future looks bright attitude that the ride just exuded in large quantities.

SSE was mostly based in the past but it lacks the hook to draw you in the way CoP does, there's no emotional attachment to the scenes, no developed characters to relate to etc. I love SSE, have not seen the new ending yet as it was closed last November, but for some reason I really like CoP more....
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Minion

^^ Of course there are differences, but one reason Horizons saw so little visitor traffic by the time it closed was that Future World had three somewhat similar omnimover rides (those two above mentioned, plus World of Motion)...and I don't think COP would be sufficiently different to stimulate interest (SSE will always be the most popular, if for no reason other than its location). For me, Future World has always been more about "discovery" than about the "future" (which is fine by me) and the two indispensible original rides are / were SSE and Journey Into Imagaination (hopefully they have the good sense to bring back the latter).

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    ^^ Of course there are differences, but one reason Horizons saw so little visitor traffic by the time it closed was that Future World had three somewhat similar omnimover rides (those two above mentioned, plus World of Motion)...and I don't think COP would be sufficiently different to stimulate interest (SSE will always be the most popular, if for no reason other than its location). For me, Future World has always been more about "discovery" than about the "future" (which is fine by me) and the two indispensible original rides are / were SSE and Journey Into Imagaination (hopefully they have the good sense to bring back the latter).

I believe the World of Motion had closed before Horizons
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123