Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• RCMC BlackSmith

Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

I know theyre making "CarsLand" at DL and I know theyre making the "Cars 2" movie... But are they doing anything with Cars in WDW? I was thinking, maybe they could turn TestTrack into a Cars themed version? I know they are going to do something like that in DL for "CarsLand", but I think they could make a really good attraction at WDW. What do you think?
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

• We'll hold them at bay

Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

nothing official. Some rumors include the replacement of Herbie the Love Bug in LMA with some of the characters from Cars. I have also heard of a Cars re-theming of the Tomorrowland Speedway
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• RCMC BlackSmith

Oh, Well, Thats a classic ride! Walt Disney helped design it! I'd think they would just build a new ride about Cars or just update a ride Walt Disney didnt design.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysImagineer View Post
    Oh, Well, Thats a classic ride! Walt Disney helped design it! I'd think they would just build a new ride about Cars or just update a ride Walt Disney didnt design.
    I find it dull actually
    www.jamboeveryone.com

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    nothing official. Some rumors include the replacement of Herbie the Love Bug in LMA with some of the characters from Cars. I have also heard of a Cars re-theming of the Tomorrowland Speedway
    I would rather have a Herbie overlay of the Speedway before they do Cars, no offense.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I would rather have a Herbie overlay of the Speedway before they do Cars, no offense.
    I am by no means a Cars defender I was just repeating some rumors. I would actually prefer they just remove the Speedway and expand Tomorrowland with some new attractions in that area
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• RCMC BlackSmith

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    I find it dull actually
    Well I was saying it was a fav ride, I was just saying its a classic.

• May the F=ma be with you

I know theyre making "CarsLand" at DL and I know theyre making the "Cars 2" movie... But are they doing anything with Cars in WDW? I was thinking, maybe they could turn TestTrack into a Cars themed version? I know they are going to do something like that in DL for "CarsLand", but I think they could make a really good attraction at WDW. What do you think?
    After TestTrack's downtime for Carsland ride system testing, TestTrack will undergo an extensive refurb. Part of the refurb will probably include new sets Some of these sets *may* be thened to Cars.

[thinkingtoself] Please be wrong...please be wrong [/thinkingtoself]

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• We'll hold them at bay

Well I was saying it was a fav ride, I was just saying its a classic.
    You could love it, most people disagree with me about this stuff anyway. For example, they could get rid of the Carousel of Progress and I would be fine, and I don't miss Mr Toad's at all
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• TR2N. Are You Ready?

I bet they'll just change the name of the "Lights! Motors! Action!" show to "Cars! Live!"

I am looking for VMK Cards! Please email me if you have some!

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Destination View Post
    I bet they'll just change the name of the "Lights! Motors! Action!" show to "Cars! Live!"
    Maybe they could make the show entertaining
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• future rockstar/imagineer

i hope hope they dont retheme test track to cars!

• Five-Legged Goat

I love Cars -- the movie, and the diecast toys. I'm very much looking forward to Carsland at DCA (albeit with a different name, please) and Cars 2. But I'm also very much opposed to theming either Test Track or the Indy Speedway to Cars.

TT is fun, but it needs to be refreshed in the upcoming years. A Cars overlay, however, is not what it needs. (I would support testing new ride vehicles that have improved functionality, though -- just not a wholesale re-theming of the attraction itself.) I don't find the Nemo aspect of The Living Seas that intrusive, but an entire Future World attraction themed specifically to Cars? I just don't see how that would cohere in any way with the general feel or purpose of Future World.

Being set in the present, Cars also has no place in Tomorrowland. I'm not a huge fan of the Speedway, but many kids love it and it definitely fills a needed role among Magic Kingdom attractions. However, I'd much rather see the Indy Speedway renamed "Autopia" and given new, interesting tracks and scenery, along with quiet, smooth electric-powered cars like the ones in HKDL.

The only place in WDW I can currently see a Cars-themed attraction fitting comfortably is in Pixar Place at DHS.

^ That's interesting you don't find the Nemo overlay to The Living Seas intrusive. I find it quite the opposite. To me, it's all "in your face" Nemo and has really dumbed down the attraction. I miss the hydrolators, the whole movie about the creation of the seas where they used the word deluge far too many times, and just the whole educational aspect of the pavilion. Even as a kid I loved this pavilion the most. Now it's my least favorite. I skip the whole intro "ride" and just enter through the exit instead. In my opinion, they gave the monstrous aquarium a back seat to animated characters which is a shame.

I really dig the Crush thing, but mainly for the technology behind it. I also enjoy watching the fish, sea cows and divers when they're in the tank. Other than that, I feel they put in way too much Nemo (and I LOVE the movie).

Sorry for the off-topic "rant".
    -Tim

• Five-Legged Goat

I guess the Nemo overlay doesn't bother me that much because it doesn't really take away from the aspect of The Living Seas that I most enjoyed -- actually seeing the aquarium and pools with the real fish (and manatees, etc.) swimming around. That's all still there.

I do miss the original movie a bit. The part (and I'm paraphrasing here) where the narrator relates that "it rained and rained, and when it finally stopped raining, the seas were born" blew my mind when I was a kid. I found the rest of the intro a bit boring, and the hydrolators unconvincing (especially when compared to the terravators at Journey to the Center of the Earth).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast