• Banned User

WDW I just might do it!! first time newby wanting to know stuff.

First off, I love disneyland, but I would really love to know about WDW how it works. best time of year to go, where to stay, packages,meal plans, so much more!

I have not paid off my disneyland package yet so I have time to change if I want to. but it all looks so confusing. But also exciting at the same time.
    can a WDW expert help me ? Can one do all the parks in 1 week?

Re: WDW I just might do it!! first time newby wanting to know stuff.

it is almost possible to do it in a week. As long as you go during none busy times. The best time that i found was great to go from not only working there but by visting is right after thanksgiving right before the christmas crowds hit. or i would suggest going anytime between janurary and feb. I went this year in janurary and it was not to bad. it wasn't empty but it was far from crowded. Plus remember there are four theme parks, two water parks, and downtown disney and pleasure island right off of downtown disney. I would defiantley get a disney package it will assure the hotel and the tickets. Not to worry about transportation, they have buses that go to all the resort hotels to take you to every point of the resort. Also if you stay at a disney world hotel you get extra magic hours, which is either before park opening or after park closing. You'll get all that information when you check in so you can plan your week. If you plan on eating at major resturants, not fast food ones, i would highly reccommend reservations, not matter what time of the year it is. I know there is more that i can cover so just ask me questions and i can help you out!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

You can definitely do all the parks in a week. There's a lot to see but it can be done.

Where to stay? Depends on your budget. If you want to stay on property, Pop Century is my favorite of the value resorts. I've stayed there twice and am staying there again next month. For the moderates, Port Orleans (both Riverside & French Quarter) are nice. I've stayed at both of those as well.

Can't tell you anything about the dining plans as I've never done those. But for food in general, I'm cheap and pretty much just do the counter service restaurants between stuffing my face with churros.

Best time to go? There's really no "slow season" at WDW anymore. But weather-wise, January/February is nice because during the day it'll usually be warm then at night you'd need a light jacket or sweater. March & April are usually really busy with spring break crowds. Flower & Garden Festival goes on at EPCOT then. May isn't too bad, but plan on it being quite warm if not downright hot. June-August is of course the summer crowds. And also the almost daily storm that occurs anytime between 3-6pm. It'll usually only rain for an hour, then the sun comes back out (and it's humid as hell as a result). June sees Strar Wars Weekends as the Studios. September is still summery temps but most kids are back in school. October of course has the Halloween parties at MK and the Food & Wine Festival at EPCOT. Temps aren't as hot usually but sometimes you get the occasional scorcher (one weekend in late October a couple years ago it got in the 90's). Beginning of November is good, decent weather... but the closer to Thanksgiving, the busier it gets. The few weeks between Thanksgiving & Christmas can be quieter, but the weeks of Christmas & New Year's it'll be a packed madhouse.

Hope this helps you a bit.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

If you are shunning Disneyland, I'm not helping.

A week is enough time for the parks. Plan on being busy though.

I love Disneyland as well, but I can understand you wanting to visit WDW. It is a different kind of Disney experience. You can most definitely do the parks in a week. The first time I went it was for 4 nights 5 days, and we went to every park. Of course, this year we've moved up to 9 nights 10 days. It's never enough.

I like Pop Century. I've stayed there four times and am heading for my fifth stay in June. I like that they have their own buses, so you don't have to make any stops on your way to the park.

I've been in February, May, and June. I think May is my favorite. It's not quite the busiest time and the weather is not too unbearable. February was much less crowded, but we actually froze our butts off. And I'm from Missouri, I know cold. June is good, but more crowded and quite a bit hotter.

I think you would have a great time. Philharmagic makes it all worthwhile.

Just don't go ezpecting Disneyland. There is no place like DL. It has a special magic. However, WDW has Epcot, which is a huge draw for me.

My sister and I are going to DL again next summer. So, basically either way, you're going to have a great time. But if you want to experience something new, try WDW.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

You can totally do it in a week! But as already mentioned, prepared to be very busy and VERY TIRED. But it's what you gotta do because once you leave.... you LEAVE and then you can either sit there regretting that you didn't do enough or you can leave satisfied with what you have accomplished.

Definitely make time to check out Pleasure Island if you like having a drinkie earlier on in the week because most park hoppers INCLUDE trips to P.I. If you don't like it then you won't need to worry about it. My mistake was going at the end of my trip and wanting to do that more.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Five-Legged Goat

If you want to stay on property and save on lodging costs, try to go during "value season" at the WDW resorts.

I agree that the best time to go is probably right after Thanksgiving -- value season rates are in effect from 11/30 to 12/18 (for 2008, at least -- the dates change slightly from year to year) at the WDW resorts, and all the parks should have their holiday decorations up. Also, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at the MK takes place on 11/30, 12/2, 12/4, 12/5, etc.

Another good time to go is the last week of September -- value season rates are effective until 10/1, and there are two events that will have started already: the Epcot Food & Wine Festival (beginning 9/26) and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at the MK (9/26, 9/28, and 9/30).

My favorite moderate resort is Port Orleans - French Quarter; it's smaller and less sprawling than the other moderates. My favorite deluxe resort is Wilderness Lodge; it's among the least expensive of the deluxes, and has a great atmosphere, especially during the holidays.

If you're a DL regular but have never been to WDW, one goal might be to focus first on WDW's unique, significantly different, or "unaltered original" attractions -- Mickey's PhilharMagic, Country Bear Jamboree, Swiss Family Treehouse, Carousel of Progress, TTA, MILF, Stitch's Great Escape, the refreshed HM, and the duo-track Space Mountain at the MK; pretty much all of Epcot except for Soarin'; pretty much all of DHS except for Star Tours (DHS's ToT is by no means the same as DCA's); and all of DAK.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Definitely make time to check out Pleasure Island if you like having a drinkie earlier on in the week because most park hoppers INCLUDE trips to P.I.
    Is this a new thing? I was under the impression that PI admission was only included in a park hopper ticket if you had the "water parks and more" add on.
    -Tim

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

This thread is making me want to go to WDW too!!
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Seasick

They seem to offer the free dining every year in the Sep/Oct timeframe. This can save you a ton of money, and was well worth it imo.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    Is this a new thing? I was under the impression that PI admission was only included in a park hopper ticket if you had the "water parks and more" add on.

Hmmm.. yah you might be right. But I think if you get a certain amount of days, does it just come with it?

Oh well... hahaha it's an option that's for sure.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

How it works: It's Disneyland on steroids.
    Best Time of Year to go: January or September/October (before Halloween)
    Where to Stay: Value Resorts = All Star Movies; All Star Sports; All Star Music and Pop Century (I recommend Pop)
    Packages: They offer a package for a family of 4 ( minus airfare) for 1600 for a Value Resort.

Here is the information regarding the free dining plan.
    http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...acterOfferPage

Here is a great guide for you on Disney's website.
    http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...nder_Home_link

And once you get a little idea of what you'd like more information on, I recommend this website.

www.allearsnet.com

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to PM me Karla or ask here.

And yes WDW is doable in one week.

• RCMC BlackSmith

Ok take it from the ExpertYou can surely do all of the parks in one week. But I'm not including Water parks, restuaraunts, and other nonpark realated things WDW has to offer. What I would do, is take the first trip just about the parks. Enjoy the rides, get fimiluar, and check out the inpark dining. Then, if you go a second time, Do the four parks in four days, then take the last three or four days to check out the water parks, beaches, recreation, restuaraunts, and ect. (you may need an extra week!) Usually we dont spend the whole day at Animal Kingdom, theres not as much stuff as the other parks. But beleive me, Hoolywood studios, takes up the whole day! With all of the shows and dining, youll probbaly want to come back to do the rest the next day! But anyway... Get a park hopper pass! You will need it!Oh and one more thing! The slowest time is late january/early febuary!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney