View Poll Results: Which way to you like to book?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disney Web Site

7 33.33%
  • AAA

3 14.29%
  • Traditional Travel Agent

4 19.05%
  • Other?

7 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Colorado Bound?

Best way to book a WDW vacation?

Hi all,

We are planning a WDW vacation in May 2009. Would anyone like to post their opinions on the best way to book? We're staying on site Port Orleans French Quarter and going with the Magic Your Way package (food and park tickets).

Disney Web site? AAA? Travel Agent? Others? Why or why not?
    -AmandasDad

• Seasick

Re: Best way to book a WDW vacation?

I went through Wendy @ Your Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/). I'd recommend it. They stay on top of any discounts or promotions and can change your booking quickly as deals become available. They did all my dining reservations too. It costs you nothing, so it's win-win.

No one method of booking is best every time. You simply have to look at what is out there at the time you book.

If you book a package through AAA, you will get the typical AAA discount on the room portion of the package. However, this cannot be combined with other offers.

I just booked our November vacation through AAA (2 rooms at the Polynesian), and they saved us hundreds of dollars. Another perk AAA provides is the AAA Diamond Parking Pass. If you're driving to the parks, you'll be able to park in a special "up close" section in the parking lots. Also, AAA gives you a discount card to The World of Disney at the Marketplace. If you do a lot of shopping, as I do, the savings will more than pay for your AAA membership. Have fun!

• Quality not quantity

I selected "OTHER"

I prefer the flexibility of booking it on my own.

For my June trip, I used the allears.net rate at the Dolphin, picked up WDW and USF passes from Orlando Fun Tickets, selected and booked my own seat for Cirque, Watched the airlines for a good deal on the exact airline/date/times I wanted to fly, etc....

Sure it takes more of my time but I get exactly what I want. I ran a spreadsheet comparing different offers from AAA, Disney, and Travelocity. None of them were able to get me a better deal that I was able to get on my own (with a little help from the good folks here at MC)
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Circle of Ancients

I'd agree with Moonliner.

• Confused One

For me I think AAA is the best they can add stuff to your stay so when you check in SOMETIMES disney will do what they ask them to do. Like bump you up to a higher class in the hotel. It's happened to me a few time with AAA.

But every time I go I use AAA they are the best. I love AAA. For me I have never had a problem.

• Too far from Disney World

I went through MouseEarVacations.com and our travel agent was named Jo. She was GREAT! She made all of our dining and hotel reservations, answered any questions we had from parking to food allergies to park questions. I'll definitly go through them again when I book for this fall!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• RCMC BlackSmith

We always use the disney website. Not sure why though. But its always worked out fine for us. We just like to book right from the source.
    But we like to check over what they did after just in case
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysImagineer View Post
    We always use the disney website. Not sure why though. But its always worked out fine for us. We just like to book right from the source.
    But we like to check over what they did after just in case
    We usually book through Disney as well to get the discount codes (don't have AAA). I'll usually call to book though since the cancellation is (I believe) 30 days booking online and 7 days by phone. Not sure why that is.

And of course, you always need to weigh the option of 1 person getting an AP (for the discount) to see if that makes your room rate even better. I believe MouseSavers or Allears has a calculator to see if it will save you some $$.

• Disneyholic

Speaking from personal experience and a few dozen trips with various travel agencies and all I strongly recommend Magical Travel www.magicaltravel.com above all the other options out there. They can get you all the same discounts that AAA, Disney/Disney Visa, and the other agents can and they throw in additional perks such as autograph books/photo albums and Disney dollars into the deal.

Denise and her staff of certified Disney travel planners are great to work with, they cover all aspects of the trip including airfare and your personal transportation if your not into the magical express. Even if you have already booked via Disney it's worth transferring the reservation to Magical Travel for the additional perks they offer for free. (Yes free! Free Disney dollars and/or shipboard credit for the cruises! Disney never gave me free cash... ) They have even booked travel for me to WDW at the last minute when AAA and Disney had no rooms available, during a holiday season and at the Polynesian no less!

They do it all and I have never had an issue with them, unlike some of the other budget travel agencies which in comparison with all the extras are usually more expensive than Magical Travel (and that's a lot less magical). Can't say enough good things about them and I used to be a big AAA/Amex fan myself but over the years the perks they offer and problems with service and lost reservations I've given them up for Magical Travel a few years ago and have not looked back.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    I selected "OTHER"

I prefer the flexibility of booking it on my own.

For my June trip, I used the allears.net rate at the Dolphin, picked up WDW and USF passes from Orlando Fun Tickets, selected and booked my own seat for Cirque, Watched the airlines for a good deal on the exact airline/date/times I wanted to fly, etc....

Sure it takes more of my time but I get exactly what I want. I ran a spreadsheet comparing different offers from AAA, Disney, and Travelocity. None of them were able to get me a better deal that I was able to get on my own (with a little help from the good folks here at MC)
    If you are picking up your tickets make sure you say hi! OFT hearts Moonliner!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by OFTEric View Post
    If you are picking up your tickets make sure you say hi! OFT hearts Moonliner!
    I did give the FedEx guy a big hug but he just got a scared look on his face.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Talking Re: Best way to book a WDW vacation?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    I did give the FedEx guy a big hug but he just got a scared look on his face.
    AMAZING! ROFL!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• WDW Fan!!!

I've used AAA the past two years and they are great! They set up everything, including airfare and it made things SO much easier for my family. They did all the work and I did all the planning. I plan on using them again for our WDW vacation this October.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast