• Figment-a-holic

Free airfare deal to WDW resort

Hey all. So, my parents just booked their next WDW vacation the other day for October through the Disney website.

They were delighted to find that when they booked their room and park tickets that they got free airfare! With the price of airfare these days, the same flight would cost about $300.

I'm not sure if this deal is always available, but it was the first time any of us had seen/gotten it. Just wanted to pass this on!

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Free airfare deal to WDW resort

Did they go through the website?

I know they were offering the dining plan, but hadn't heard anything about airfare.

Unfortunately we can't go in October anymore (stupid school ).

• Figment-a-holic

Yes, they booked through http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/index
    but they didn't get the free dining plan. I they scheduled their trip after that offer expires.

Plus, I looked into it a little more, if you don't get the park tickets, you don't get the free airfare. So, if you've got an AP, you're out of luck.

And boo for not going to be able to go to WDW because of school! (I'm still in school and can sympathize!!)

There's gotta be something wrong here. Disney giving free airfare as part of a package???

Something's just not correct here.

Can you report their EXACT dates of travel??? That would help ....

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

Something not quite right here. Disney not advertising a special offering "free air"...I'll be back in a few minutes, going to get a hold of one of my contacts over at DRC....

According to the Disney Travel Agents Website they are currently offering 3 discounts or specials, one is for Florida Residents, one is for room only, which booking ends tomorrow and the other is the "free dining"...no free air for WDW.

Alaska Airlines has an offer for Disneyland, but that is it.
    Last edited by Lindsy1052; 04-18-2008 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Answer

Just heard back from DRC....NO free air, they are however offering some discounts with Air Tran from certain cities, but again, nothing free....

• Figment-a-holic

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsy1052 View Post
    Just heard back from DRC....NO free air, they are however offering some discounts with Air Tran from certain cities, but again, nothing free....
    I was just passing on what they saw, is why I didn't post it as news. Lindsy, you did a lot of extra legwork for this, so thanks getting to the bottom of this.

So, they are indeed flying with AirTran via Philadelphia, so it must have been the discounted deal. It must have been quite a discount then if it didn't change the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickles View Post

So, they are indeed flying with AirTran via Philadelphia, so it must have been the discounted deal. It must have been quite a discount then if it didn't change the price.
    The Disney consumer website is not very user friendly. It can be confusing. As Lyndsy stated there are no free air deals except for children on Alaska Airlines going to DL. Would be nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Denise View Post
    The Disney consumer website is not very user friendly. It can be confusing. As Lyndsy stated there are no free air deals except for children on Alaska Airlines going to DL. Would be nice though.
    It sure would be. At least once in a while to make it easier for families to travel. Alaska Airlines has been doing this for a few years now to Disneyland. Guess they are making a bunch of money and can afford to offer this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsy1052 View Post
    It sure would be. At least once in a while to make it easier for families to travel. Alaska Airlines has been doing this for a few years now to Disneyland. Guess they are making a bunch of money and can afford to offer this.
    The WDTC-CA has a better relationship with the airlines than the WDTC-FL. United also offers free air for children every year too for DL packages. With DL packages through the WDTC you can get bulk air which is nice that you do not have to pay for the air upfront plus a deposit on the package.

WDTC-CA also has a better relationship with it's CM's. Have you ever talked to the people out there? They are so nice and pleasant all the time. Ours are always miserable.....This incentive program they initiated has created so much stress on all of them, along with a lot of hardship, hardest for those who had to take pay cuts...