Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Inappropriate

Random All Star Movies Question

Does anyone else think that the movies chosen to represent the themes for All Star Movies are really odd choices? I can understand Herbie and Toy Story... but Mighty Ducks? Do kids nowadays even know what a Mighty Duck is?

Part 2: What movies would you have chosen?

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Re: Random All Star Movies Question

If they don't know the Mighty Ducks, having a hotel themed to it can work both ways. Say you stay there, kids see the theming and are like, "what's that?" You explain to your kids the movie and then rent it/buy it when you return home. The kids may love it and then want to buy ducks merchandise.

I like having the Ducks there instead of the "usual" movies. Everything at Disney is starting to become the same. You see the same characters and the same merchandise all over the parks/resorts/stores now. I like when there are "unique" things like the Ducks. I wish they'd do that with some of the other lesser-known movies like Newsies or Journey to Atlantis.
    -Tim

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    I wish they'd do that with some of the other lesser-known movies like Newsies or Journey to Atlantis.

Oo good call on Atlantis. I loved that movie. I used to watch it a lot. I thought I was the only one That's also a reason I respect AK for having the Dinosaur ride. It's not a "usual" movie.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

I actually don't like Dinosaur because I liked Countdown to Extinction better. Most people just think it's a generic name because they've never heard of the movie. ha ha!! But, I see your point.

But, you're not the only one that likes Atlantis. I just happened to watch it again last week. he he!!
    -Tim

• Mostly Harmless.

Mighty Whats???
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Can't get enough!

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    I wish they'd do that with some of the other lesser-known movies like Newsies or Journey to Atlantis.
    OMG! Newsies is/was one of my favorite movies! I am a sucker for a cheesy musical.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• RCMC BlackSmith

When I went to WDW last, I stayed at AllStar Movies. We got a Mighty Ducks themed room. I thought it was pretty cool. I think they should update the hotel and add newer movies.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by tayakaleb View Post
    OMG! Newsies is/was one of my favorite movies! I am a sucker for a cheesy musical.

OMG we should have a MiceChat Newsies renactment at DHS in New York! We could all sing, "It's a Fine Life" it would be GLORIOUS!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Talking Re: Random All Star Movies Question

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    Does anyone else think that the movies chosen to represent the themes for All Star Movies are really odd choices? I can understand Herbie and Toy Story... but Mighty Ducks? Do kids nowadays even know what a Mighty Duck is?

Part 2: What movies would you have chosen?
    Ok... well I did my CP at the All Star Resort, and I worked at all 3 Sports, Music and Movies.

I grew to really love all of the buildings! The thing is that it may be out dated or not relevant today, but you never know! Take Herbie for instance, we always dogged that buidling, and then when the movie came out it was popular again.

Also I do like having refrences to older and less relevant movies, because it gives you a chance to step into an unfamiliar world and explore, and it does give people a chance to become familiar with that property, and explore it more!

That being said, everyone always wanted to stay in Toy Story or 101 Dalmations and heaven forbid their was not able to stay there!

If I had a choice to choose 5 themes and 2 pools for All Star Movies it would be

1. The Little Mermaid - with a pool shaped like a ship - the first building would have a giant Ariel and the second building would have a giant ursela
    2. The Incredibles - the first building would Mr. Incredible and Dash themed, and the second building would be Mrs. Incredible and Violet themed.
    3. Pinochio - with a pool that has a pleasure island carnival theme - The first building would have a giant Pinochio and the second building would have a Jimminy Cricket.
    4. The Absent Minded Professor - with a Flubber playground - the first building would have a flying car, and the second building would have a giant green glob of flubber
    5. Wall E - I know this movie has come out yet, but come on it looks soooo cute, the first building would have a giant Wall-E and the second building would have EVE.

Ok that was fun!

• Nutty about Disney parks

I cant recall when the hotel was built but I think it was more based on the films that were popular franchises at the time.

That is just a theory. May not be true.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by tayakaleb View Post
    Me too! It's hard to believe that is Christian Bale!

Quote Originally Posted by OFTEric View Post
    OMG we should have a MiceChat Newsies renactment at DHS in New York! We could all sing, "It's a Fine Life" it would be GLORIOUS!
    It would be more entertaining than HSM I'm sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    Me too! It's hard to believe that is Christian Bale!

It would be more entertaining than HSM I'm sure!
    then I would do my grande solo singing, "Sante Fe" as I dance down the street with my bandana and cowboy boots!

• RCMC BlackSmith

The only thing I would dread that could happen to AllStar Movies, is putting in HSM rooms! Or even worse! Building a HSM hotel and themepark! HSM is trying to take over the world!!!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I cant recall when the hotel was built but I think it was more based on the films that were popular franchises at the time.

That is just a theory. May not be true.
    That property opened in January of 1999.

• Toy Story opened in 1995 / Toy Story 2 opened in 1999
    • Mighty Ducks opened in 1992 / D2 opened in 1994 / D3 opened in 1996
    • 101 Dalmations opened in 1961 / the people version opened in 1996 / the cartoon series ran from 1997 -1998
    • Herbie opened in 1968 and the last movie was in 1980 with Herbie goes Bannanas, the newest movie did not open until 2005
    • Fantasia opened in 1940 / Fantasia 2000 opened in the year 2000 and one of the buildings was redesigned to match the characters from Fantasia 2000.
    So as you can see the movies they picked really did not have a lot to do with their bein relevant (with the exception of 101 Dalmations and Toy Story)

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by OFTEric View Post
    then I would do my grande solo singing, "Sante Fe" as I dance down the street with my bandana and cowboy boots!
    And I shall be there with video recording device in hand to catch all the cowboy goodness.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast