Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Screamscape nails the Night Kingdom rumor down!

If you are courious about that Night Kingdom is going to be I suggest you check out Screamscape and enjoy this little nugget of info!

2012 - Disney’s Night Kingdom - In Development - (4/25/08) Today I have to officially change my stance on the whole Disney’s Night Kingdom park concept. New information has come to my attention proving that the concept is indeed in the works for Walt Disney World and shooting to open possibly in 2012. From what I’ve been told the history of the project comes from a desire by Disney to create their own version of a high-end Discovery Cove style mini-park experience mixed with an original proposal for a major overhaul and expansion to the existing Adventure’s Club at Pleasure Island.
    From the sound of things basic funding has been approved to proceed on with the design of this small but expensive project, but it’s not without some serious design challenges and still isn’t exactly the experience that Jim Hill had previously described. The big attraction and icon of the park, right now, appears to be a large central Disney-made mountain structure where guests will be forced to ‘rock climb’ to the top, take zip lines down again and explore a serious network of caves. The goal is for this to be a very interactive game based adventure experience, with both mental and physical challenges. The tricky part of the design process they’re said to be in now involves balancing it all out so that it doesn’t become so physically difficult that guests will become too pooped or intimidated to play while at the same time, they have to be sure they aren’t catering to the bottom end and make it all far too easy and boring for everyone else.
    As for the game aspect, it seems that the test run of that Kim Possible Communicator game at Epcot a year or so ago was just a large scale concept test for the Night Kingdom game concept. The idea is to equip every guest with their own communicator unit that will guide them from place to place, push them in the right direction when they get stuck, and be used to help solve the various games, puzzles and adventure challenges. Your communicator will also serve as a way for the park to identify you individually as a player and customize your interactions with the various game stations and animatronics. Fuzzy robots wont be the only things you interact with however, as there seems to be a plan in place to develop a number of encounters with live animals as well.
    Also check out their rumor on Beastly Kingdom

http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_...al_kingdom.htm

enjoy!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Inappropriate

Re: Screamscape nails the Night Kingdom rumor down!

This is one of those things that, if true, i'm going to have to wait for a final product to throw out any opinions or hopes. I mean, it sounds really fun! But at the same time, it's going to be really expensive...

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    This is one of those things that, if true, i'm going to have to wait for a final product to throw out any opinions or hopes. I mean, it sounds really fun! But at the same time, it's going to be really expensive...
    It sounds like a BLAST! I would be down for something like that 100%!!!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I believe Screamscape as much as I believe Jim Hill.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I just love the name and the fireworks for this park had better be well worth the money if this park experience is going to cost 5 arms and 3 legs.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

If you believe all the rumors, there is going to be a TON of stuff opening in 2012.

- Two cruise ships
    - Carsland and a totally revamped DCA
    - Night Kingdom
    - Beastly Kingdom
    - Etc...

I'm sure some of the rumors out there are accurate, but I don't buy them all. If you print every single rumor out there, you're bound to get some of them right. But, you're also going to get a lot wrong.

If I remember correctly, Behemoth wasn't supposed to have a media day yesterday either. But, alas, there was one.
    -Tim

The first thing that pops into my heads as I read the various rumors about Night Kingdom is what kind of repeat visitor appeal will this 'experience' have?

Seattle used to have the awesome restaurant/bar called Entros that had amazing games and puzzles but they couldn't changes them often enough to keep it interesting, once you went once with that set of games there was really no point in going back until the games were switched out. These were full-on attractions so it was a major investment every time they changed.

For me I hope it is not based too much on animals.
    Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
    ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

• Imagineering God

Screamscape is as useful as an a$$hole on my elbow.

And when did Beastly Kingdom become official?!

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    If you believe all the rumors, there is going to be a TON of stuff opening in 2012.

- Two cruise ships
    - Night Kingdom
    - Beastly Kingdom
    - Etc...

I'm sure some of the rumors out there are accurate, but I don't buy them all. If you print every single rumor out there, you're bound to get some of them right. But, you're also going to get a lot wrong.

If I remember correctly, Behemoth wasn't supposed to have a media day yesterday either. But, alas, there was one.

I wouldn't say these rumors are accurate, but I'm sure some of this stuff is being considered. Hopefully, something gets the greenlight. I hope its the Beastly Kingdomme and keep the Dragon Tower, those giant talking bats are cool
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

That's the only one that's solid, confirmed news. The rest are just that, rumors.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by CostaFreak View Post
    Screamscape is as useful as an a$$hole on my elbow.

And when did Beastly Kingdom become official?!
    who said it was official? It was officially in the plans to at the beginning of the plans for DAK. Here;s the contents of a Disney press release on the Beastly Kingdomme back when it was supposed to replace the temporary Camp Minnie Mickey

"Beastly Kingdom is the realm of make believe animals, animals that don't really exist, out of legends, out of fairy tales, out of storybooks. Like our legends and fair tales about imaginary animals, this land is divided into realms of good and realms of evil.

The evil side is dominated by DRAGON'S TOWER, a burned, wrecked castle inhabited by a greedy, fire breathing dragon. He hordes a fabulous treasure in his tower chamber. The castle is also inhabited by bats who speak to us from their upside down perches. The bats have a plan. They enlist our help trying to rob the dragon and fly us off on a wild chase. At last, we meet the fire-breathing dragon himself and barely escape un-barbecued.

The good side of this land is ruled by QUEST OF THE UNICORN. An adventure which sends us through a maze of medieval mythological creatures to seek the hidden grotto where the unicorn lives. There is also FANTASIA GARDENS. A gentle musical boat ride through the animals from Disney's animated classic, "Fantasia." Both the crocodiles and hippos from " Dance of the Hours" and the Pegasus, fauns and centaurs from Beethoven's "Pastoral" are found here."
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    That's the only one that's solid, confirmed news. The rest are just that, rumors.

very true
    www.jamboeveryone.com

Blog Entries

So if true, Night Kingdom is something my family will never step foot into. My wife is slightly handicapped. Not enough to keep her from getting around any theme park we've been to, but definitely enough to keep her from climbing a mountain and riding down a zip line. This just doesn't seem the Disney way of trying to develop experiences that the whole family can enjoy together.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    The cruise ships are not rumors. Disney announced this a long time ago. 2011 and 2012 are the launch dates.

http://dclnews.com/PressReleaseDetai...leaseID=106126
    -Tim

• Sock Puppet

To me this just seems like Disney wanting to drain even more money out of our wallets by creating a high end park with a large admission price like Discovery Cove. The concept seems interesting, but I'm still skeptical on the whole thing and don't like that they are putting money into this new park when they should be giving attention to their existing parks. And I doubt that this will actually be considered the "5th theme park" - It'll probably be seen as one of the smaller attractions WDW has to offer like Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, DisneyQuest... not a full-fledged theme park experience like the rest of the parks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast