Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Travel Channel Airs Disney On A Dime tonight! Don't forget!!!

I've set my DVR to record both showings tonight, in case something happens to one of the recordings.

I wonder how "cheap" the special will go in helping us save money.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Rear Window=Best Movie

Re: Travel Channel Airs Disney On A Dime tonight! Don't forget!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I've set my DVR to record both showings tonight, in case something happens to one of the recordings.

I wonder how "cheap" the special will go in helping us save money.
    Betcha anything all they will talk about are the "$1200 FOR 1 WEEK AT A WDW VALUE RESORT!!". Hmmph, I've found better deals then that w/ a much bigger room.

• Banned User

I got it DVR'd to!! I am just wanting to get a look in the park LOL! I am soooo excited!

• When Will It Return?

I missed the first 20mins of the show, but so far I've yet to see ANYTHING that's a REAL money saver. So far I've only seen ads for overpriced offerings like the Water Park add-on, included services such as DME, and the Dining Plan that's hardly a guarantee of savings, and often times is a larger per day expense than if you just bought food as you went.

Very disappointing. Next thing you know they'll advertise DVC membership as a money-saver...

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    I missed the first 20mins of the show, but so far I've yet to see ANYTHING that's a REAL money saver. So far I've only seen ads for overpriced offerings like the Water Park add-on, included services such as DME, and the Dining Plan that's hardly a guarantee of savings, and often times is a larger per day expense than if you just bought food as you went.

Very disappointing. Next thing you know they'll advertise DVC membership as a money-saver...

-- PMM
    Generally I agree. However, they weren't going to say anything we didn't know. In fact, we know the dining plan really doesn't save you anything. I watch these shows just to see park footage. To that end, it was light years better than the Splurge show
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by WDWImagineer View Post
    Betcha anything all they will talk about are the "$1200 FOR 1 WEEK AT A WDW VALUE RESORT!!". Hmmph, I've found better deals then that w/ a much bigger room.
    You win the cookie. They did exactly that.

Watching it right now this show is horrible, so much useless info that is not about saving money but just advertising . So annoying how they keep using clips edited together repeatedly. They are now talking about Magical Express and the free resort transportation for the second time. Love how on last weeks show they highlighted Fast Pass on Disney Splurge and now on Disney on a Dime. Funny it is neither a splurge nor does it save you money

So funny hearing the mother in the boat said "let's go see the magic castle"

I still have another hour and a half until it airs where I am. . . I'm still going to watch it even though I know I probably won't learn anything new.

Haha, "They could have stayed at a more affordable hotel off site. . . but the perks of staying on site can be money saving too". I know it's probably slightly true, but it was just so thinly veiled that it was pretty funny.

• The one and only

omg. i forgot to watch it.

but no worries, i still had my handy dandy DVR!

and i recorded both just in case, too.

• When Will It Return?

This isn't a show about saving money, this is a show about even though you COULD save money by staying elsewhere, this is what Disney has to make spending more money seem worth it, even if the numbers don't exactly add up that way. They go extremely out of their way to play up the 'perceived value', which I don't have a problem with, except this show was billed as how to do Disney World on a budget. Call me crazy, but I can't add perceived value into a WDW budget plan.

Also, is it apparent to anyone else that this show is written for the crowd who's completely brainless regarding WDW or theme parks in general? Sure seemed like the families they picked to follow around were a part of that crowd.

If they aren't advertising the parks, attractions, or resorts, they're just playing up the perceived value. Sure buying the most expensive ticket option, or buffets might have a perceived value if you aren't really thinking about how much its costing as you're trying to relax, but it DOES cost. And pointing out the perceived value, instead of trying harder to demonstrate a quantitative value...since they aren't doing that, and instead are basically focusing on what WDW is trying to sell you 10 different ways, one can only assume they CAN'T demonstrate some sort of quantitative savings. That's a really sad impression to have while watching a show called "Disney: On A Dime"...

-- PMM
    Last edited by PeoplemoverMatt; 04-25-2008 at 09:26 PM.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Rear Window=Best Movie

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    You win the cookie. They did exactly that.
    YES!!!!!!!, I knew I'd be right!

• Sock Puppet

I'm not too fond of these Travel Channel shows. Lot's of information that is either useless or I've already heard before. And didn't they say that Disneyland was to be included in these series of "Seasons of Disney" specials too? I haven't seen DL yet.

• Rear Window=Best Movie

Quote Originally Posted by WDWizard View Post
    I'm not too fond of these Travel Channel shows. Lot's of information that is either useless or I've already heard before. And didn't they say that Disneyland was to be included in these series of "Seasons of Disney" specials too? I haven't seen DL yet.
    2 weeks ago, they aired a special entitled "Samantha Brown's Disney Favorites" and that's when they showcased DLR a lot more.

I don't know if I just completely got this wrong, but when the father and son were getting their fast passes for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, I could have sworn when they came out of the machine it said Not A Valid Fast Pass on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast