• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

My Super, Terrifc, Happy 5hr visit to the Magic Kingdom!!

So as some of you may know, my job sent me down to Orlando to work with a new client setting up their PC equipment. After I was done with that, I went to the hotel, checked in, dropped my stuff in the room and went right over to the Magic Kingdom.

I had a limited time at the park, because I had reservations at BOMA for 9:30pm and I got to the park around 3:30pm (but the park was open to 11pm, so I didnt have to rush around to much).

I parked my car in the "Happy" lot and took the Tram over to the TTC to get my ticket and take the monorail over to the park...

Here is a nice shot of the Seven Seas Lagoon from the Monorail:

Hmm is that the castle I see...

I dont know what it is, but when you walk into the Magic Kingdom, no matter how many times you have been there, you always feel like a 5yo kid... I know I do...

Once I entered Main Street I realized it was also Spring Break for a lot of people, and the park was insanely crowded... I knew my time was short, so I had to pick the best rides with the shortest lines...

First up was the newly improved Haunted Mansion. I hadnt been on the new version yet, so this was a must for me, and I have to say I enjoyed every new addition to it. The new attic scene is top notch and the staircases to nowhere are awesome (so much better than those stupid spiders).

After that I headed over toward Splash Moutain, but there was a 100 min wait, and so I kept on walking....

and I walked straight over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which said there was a 70min wait, but I waited about 35min... Not to bad...

At this point, I put my camera on sports mode, so I could capture some pics while on the ride...

After my trip on the mountain, I took a walk over to Pirates... seems that Jack Sparrow and I have a debt to settle, so I wanted to collect...

Jack kept giving me the slip and I stopped to ask this guy where Jack was... but he was no use...

..and neither were those damn pigs...

Looks like Jack was the victor again, but I will get my revenge on him...

After being a Pirate, I decided to head over to Tomorrowland to check out MILF, which was actully pretty funny, and the interaction with the crowd was great. This was a ride that I was very skeptical about, but all in all it turned out pretty good.

After that, I wanted to go hit the People mover, but just as I got in line for it, it broke, and was down for at least 35min... So I walked over to Space Mountain and the standby line for that stretched all the way to Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies, so I kept walking... and walked right into Fantasyland, where everything in there was over 60min, so I went over Mickey's Philharmagic...

I love this movie... Always makes me smile... and I love watching the kids reach out trying to grab a hold of Donald or some other flying object...

As I left Philharmagic, I noticed it was getting late and I needed to head over to the tram as I had to get over to the Animal Kingdom for dinner at Boma...

After taking the tram back to my rental, and driving to the most secluded section of their property to find the Animal Kingdom Lodge, I have to say its one of the nicest hotels I have ever been in while on property...

The grounds are amazing, and the views of the Savannah were awesome (although it was dark by the time I got there, so I could only see animals that were close to me).

After I walked around, I went to Boma to eat, and it was very good (I still say Ohanas' is the best restaurant on property) and I enjoyed several of their dishes, even the dessert was very good... I do recommend this place to anyone who is staying on property for a few days, but not as a substitute to Ohanas'.

After I finished dinner I decided to check out the pool area and that where I stumbled upon the Night Vision animal encounter... Basically an AK CM hangs out in this little area to the left of the hot tub and he/she will explain what animals are out and then gives you a night vision scope to check it out. It was very cool. If you are in Disney and want to check out this nighttime spectacle, head over to the AKL. It is definitely worth it. After I left there, I took another stroll around and took a few more pics...

And so with that, my brief trip to WDW came to an end, and I got back in my car and went to my hotel.

I had fun, but will never ever go down there during any spring break time. It is way to crowded and unenjoyable.

I hope you enjoyed my report, and if you want to see all the pics, please browse over to

http://flickr.com/photos/parisi2274/...7604739458606/

• In Technicolor!

Re: My Super, Terrifc, Happy 5hr visit to the Magic Kingdom!!

Work sends you to Disney - How awesome is that?!
    These are the games that never end.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I also feel about 50 years younger when I walk in Magic Kingdom, and I am 60.

Nice trip report. I say 5 hours at the Magic Kingdom during Spring Break is an O.K. way to spend a late afternoon.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

Sounds like you had a great time. Glad you got to try out Boma at AKL. I really like that place.

I met my brother and sister in law up there last weekend and it was very crowded as well. But, like you mentioned, the wait times were all grossly inflated. The 50 minute Jungle Cruise wait was really 20.

I hate to be a party pooper, but it annoys me to no end when people take flash pictures on the dark rides. It really detracts from the experience of the ride when there are flashes going off all over the place. They tell you no flash photography for a reason. It surprises me there are so many "Disney fans" that just ignore the rules and flash away.
    -Tim

• Disneyholic

Nice TR, I'm sorry it was so short but looks like you still managed to have some fun despite the spring break crowds.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• World Traveler

Thanks for the TR and the great pictures. I'm glad you enjoyed the night vision goggle viewing at the AKL.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Sounds like you made the most out of your short time available. Great trip report, way to have a good time!

• Banned User

Wonderful pics! thank you for sharing!! I am so anxious to acually see the front of the magic kingdome some day . I am not sure if the bus from po century takes us to the gates or we also have to take a monorail. great front shots, now I just need to see the front where the tickey counters are

• I was deleted.

Looks like you had fun Mr. Parisi! I'm sorry MK was so busy for you. That happens during this time of the year. I'm also happy to hear about your experience at Boma and AKL. Hopefully work will send you back to O-town soon, right?

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    I hate to be a party pooper, but it annoys me to no end when people take flash pictures on the dark rides. It really detracts from the experience of the ride when there are flashes going off all over the place. They tell you no flash photography for a reason. It surprises me there are so many "Disney fans" that just ignore the rules and flash away.
    I know, but for some dumb reason my XTi was being a pain in low light situations... I had the ISO up to 1600, but it didnt make a difference... so I had to use the flash... plus it wasnt getting any focus point on things, so it wouldnt let me take the pic... hence the use of the flash.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Looks like you had fun Mr. Parisi! I'm sorry MK was so busy for you. That happens during this time of the year. I'm also happy to hear about your experience at Boma and AKL. Hopefully work will send you back to O-town soon, right?
    I hope so... If not, I am probably going to go down in Oct for the Food & Wine thing... and Halloween Horror Nights at Uni...oh and BPF you are one hard chick to get a hold of... let me tell you