Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Podcasts why do you listen to them?

Here is my latest blog from my newsletter about podcasts and I would like to hear our thoughts about them.

Newspapers…..news on the radio…..news on television….. news on the internet……these have been the main sources of ways to receive information. The latest form of passing along information to people is through podcasts.

Several years ago there were a handful of Disney related fan websites. Now there are hundreds of them throughout the internet. Some of the websites decided to expand their viewership and reach new fans through the podcasting medium. Many now produce weekly shows that offer things such as news, rumors, interviews, audio clips, and games. As with the many Disney websites, most of the podcasts are going to contain the same basic news and rumors items, but each has its own uniqueness of flow, structure, and style of their podcast. Some are longer than an hour, while there are some that run as short as 15 minutes. That is what makes each podcast a bit different. Many times people are limited in how much time they have to listen to podcasts, thus the shorter podcasts are better for them. Conversely, if you are someone who commutes and has plenty of travel time, a longer podcast helps pass the time for you.

Podcasts are not for everyone. There is only so much time we all have each week to relax and sometimes we get enough information through newsletters and websites to make do. For others who can find the time and can’t get enough Disney talk, then head over to iTunes and give some various podcasts a listen. Who knows maybe you will find one that you like and it will help give you a Disney fix until your next vacation!

• We'll hold them at bay

Re: Podcasts why do you listen to them?

I enjoy the Mouse Guest, WDW Today and WDW Radio shows. I find them entertaining. Usually I have the shows playing in the backround if I'm toiling about the "boards" at night when everyone else is snoozing.
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Rear Window=Best Movie

I love the BigD and OakFan's Podcast, and the WDW Radio Show. They are among the best.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I like them but I only get to listen to them when I have the time for them, which isn't often. I do have to say though I like them kinda short, no more than 30 minutes because it's the perfect time for my commute to work every day.

The reason I listen to them is for the current news, updates and general happenings around the World.

• I'm A

I usually don't listen to the news shows. I listen to Meandering Mouse and just started with Micecast. I also like to watch Beyond Mainstreet and Oakfan's vidcast.
    Visit

Click the Banner

• I was deleted.

Well, I don't listen to any of them, really. I mean when I have they are nice but I enjoy reading the news and experiencing the attractions in person via listening to them. Sorry? I guess I'm in the minority. Just my two cents.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

I enjoy the WDW podcasts, even though I'm a west-coaster. I like Ricky Brigante, Skipper Ben as well as Lou Mongello and Jeff Pepper. It keeps me in the loop between WDW visits. The DL official podcast is my favorite, although it's not a real frequent one. Michael Geohagen is a phenomenal host, and he's always got some great guests as well as topics. I listen to podcasts while I'm walking the neighborhood, or working out at the Y.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Podcasts that simply recap the news are useless. You can pick through news more efficiently in other means in a more timely fashion.

Where they excel is in commentary, interviews, group discussion, etc. Unless you are adding that element, skip the news.

I have yet to listen a Disney Podcast I like. I do listen to some techy ones (TWIT) and some other hobby ones.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• RCMC BlackSmith

I like to listen to WDW Radio Show, Inside the Magic, and sometimes All About the Mouse (If the I've finished the others before the week is over.). I listen to them when I'm at the gym after school, or if I'm in the car going somewhere like guitar practice or something.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I listen to A LOT of podcasts! And I must say that a lot of them all have their individual charm!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Well, I don't listen to any of them, really. I mean when I have they are nice but I enjoy reading the news and experiencing the attractions in person via listening to them. Sorry? I guess I'm in the minority. Just my two cents.

I'm there too. I rarely listen to any podcasts however. I don't think it's a want to experence the attractions in person thing for me though. It's more of an "I choose not to allways be listening to something" attitude I have. Many times I would much rather listen to whats around me (even silence) than have somthing piped into my ears. That way I can hear the voices in my head more clearly.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Disney worshipper/geek

I originally only listened to window to the Magic.

but I started doing research for my WDW trip, I started listening to WDW radio (jsut love it), DIS Unplugged, and Inside the MAgic. Honestly, Inside the Magic is my least favorite of the three. I only listen to it now for Backstage Pass. Ricky just gets facts wrong too often, he should be checking his facts before he puts them in the show. And he lost me when he said of the 50th anniversary that he was tired of hearing Walt's opening day speech.
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• RCMC BlackSmith

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysImagineer View Post
    I like to listen to WDW Radio Show, Inside the Magic, and sometimes All About the Mouse (If the I've finished the others before the week is over.). I listen to them when I'm at the gym after school, or if I'm in the car going somewhere like guitar practice or something.
    I almost forgot! I also sometimes listen to Window to the Magic. I prefer the video podcasts though.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

I have listened to podcast for about 3-4 years now, and they are awesome to get my "WDW Fix" between trips. I love WDW Today, WDW Radio Show, Character Breakfast, and Inside the Magic. They are fun to listen to!

Oh, and I also love my WDW podcast that I stated 6 weeks ago. It is called the "Be Our Guest WDW Trip Planning Podcast!" Each episode is about 25 minutes with a new "guest" who has just returned from WDW talking about their recent trip! It is a lot of fun!

Give us a listen, if you don't mind!

www.beourguestpodcast.com

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Mike View Post
    I have listened to podcast for about 3-4 years now, and they are awesome to get my "WDW Fix" between trips. I love WDW Today, WDW Radio Show, Character Breakfast, and Inside the Magic. They are fun to listen to!

Oh, and I also love my WDW podcast that I stated 6 weeks ago. It is called the "Be Our Guest WDW Trip Planning Podcast!" Each episode is about 25 minutes with a new "guest" who has just returned from WDW talking about their recent trip! It is a lot of fun!

Give us a listen, if you don't mind!

www.beourguestpodcast.com
    how often do you do them?
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast