• I'm A

Could Disney Fufill my "Dream"?

Okay so I got a question.

My question is if I ask a Castmember at the Imagination Pavillion do you think they would let me go up and see the old Imageworks? Especially if they I told them that I hadn't won a single prize during the YOAMD?

I guess the real underlying question here is should YOAMD prizes be generic or should they be unique?
    Visit

Click the Banner

• Disneyholic

Re: Could Disney Fufill my "Dream"?

I guess it would depend on whether it was considered a back stage area or not, if it where they may but you would not be allowed to take photographs or recordings of it per their policy...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• RCMC BlackSmith

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    I guess it would depend on whether it was considered a back stage area or not, if it where they may but you would not be allowed to take photographs or recordings of it per their policy...
    Yeah, plus you'd have to be really lucky.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

• formerly PretzelSouls!

They might, it's worth asking. As for saying you didn't win anything during YOAMD, I'd save your breath. Lots of people didn't win anything and I'm sure they've heard others say it before.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysImagineer View Post
    Yeah, plus you'd have to be really lucky.

yeah I know I've traveled there twice during the YOMD promo for a total of about 19 days and we have yet to win anything...

• I'm A

I understand not everybody has won something but I've been in the parks for a little less than 30 days. I was just wondering if someone could answer my second question as well.
    Visit

Click the Banner

I think the prizes should be a SURPRISE. Not something you've asked for.
    -Tim

• Circle of Ancients

Because this campaign really isn't about you or any other park guest for that matter, and is completely about promotion, Disney isn't going to be too keen on giving special and unique dream prizes to individuals. While I think the campaign (since it "must" exist) should be run differently, and should allow winners to pick anything they want (or from a list for anyone who is unsure) it really isn't plausible. Generic prizes are cheaper and are easier to market.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Sorvian View Post
    Okay so I got a question.

My question is if I ask a Castmember at the Imagination Pavillion do you think they would let me go up and see the old Imageworks? Especially if they I told them that I hadn't won a single prize during the YOAMD?

I guess the real underlying question here is should YOAMD prizes be generic or should they be unique?

1) I think you would have a better shot if you contacted guest realtions beforehand and asked if there was any way you could see it. That way its authorized, you are not putting a CM on the spot, and you are not pulling a CM away from his or her "post"

As for prizes, the "offical" prizes are generic, the "unoffical" ones are unique. I just had a YOAMD CM shoot me and my kids through the FP line on Test Track and then ride with us. Thats not an "offical" prize but one of those "magic moments" that they do. Last year I had a YOAMD CM ask me if my kids and I wanted to go inside the "controll tower" of Space Mountain. Again, not an "offical prize" but just somthing they do. You may get lucky if you hang around the IP looking sad and then maybe a Dream Squad member will ask you what is wrong. You can tell them you miss Imageworks, and maybe they will give you looky-loo, but thats a long shot.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

It never hurts to ask....the worst they could say is "no"...but unless you give it a shot you will never know.....good luck...

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsy1052 View Post
    It never hurts to ask....the worst they could say is "no"...but unless you give it a shot you will never know.....good luck...
    Wow Lindsy that's almost a haiku.

• Rear Window=Best Movie

First, you should ask and say it's a BIG dream of yours and say that it would really make my vacation perfect. PLUS, it doesn't hurt to have a specialty button on. (i.e Happy Birthday, Just Married, etc.) I've seen people get pretty cool stuff just by asking.
    GOOD LUCK!!

I agree, you won't know until you ask

• I was deleted.

I wouldn't mention that you have not won because many have not. Your best bet would be to talk to CMs about it and genuinely appear to be as interested in it as you are. If it is something they are able to do, chances are they will. Asking flat out if you can go to a certain place as a YOAMD prize isn't going to win you anything. Also, be careful because if you "stalk" Dream Squad members you're also out of the winnings, so to speak. I'd just approach it carefully and see what happens. Good luck and hopefully you'll have a great trip no matter what happens.