• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Need help planning WDW vacation...

I am a HK resident and i'll be coming to Florida for a month staying at one of the WDW hotels, i need help...can anyone tell me which hotel is best...money is no object....and what to do over 31 days....

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

Re: Need help planning WDW vacation...

Quote Originally Posted by hkdlfan View Post
    I am a HK resident and i'll be coming to Florida for a month staying at one of the WDW hotels, i need help...can anyone tell me which hotel is best...money is no object....and what to do over 31 days....
    Disney's Grand Floridian is their Flagship Resort. Top of the line in every way. You really cannot go too wrong with any of the Deluxe Resorts depending on what you like to do, there are some terrific choices.

If I can be of any help to you, you can PM me with what you are looking for and I will be more than happy to help you put together a terrific trip.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

If money is no object I would like to ask you a couple more questions.

1. How many people are going?
    2. What kinda of setting do you like? (I find theme is important when choosing my resort)
    3. Will you have a vehicle?
    4. Do you want something a little more secluded or do you want to hear fireworks outside your window every night?

Regarding things to do, your options are endless and with the amount of time you will be here, I'll give you some of my recommendations.

1. Visit the Adventurer's Club in Pleasure Island (Excellent show)
    2. Take any of the backstage tours available in any park. I personally enjoyed the Keys to the Kingdom Tour.
    3. If you do have a vehicle, don't limit yourself to just Disney. Go to Sea World, Universal or even the Kennedy Space Center on the coast. Florida really has a lot to offer regarding attractions.
    4. They have a boat rental that takes you onto Bay Lake so you can watch the fireworks. It's a nice personal way to experience the magic, without all the people.
    5. Ask to sit in the front of the monorail.
    6. If you like sports Disney have a plethora of things to do...golf, tennis etc..

Also, let us know "when" you'll be going, if it's during any special times of the year like the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot, well, that opens up the possibilities for you.

Welcome to Florida!

• Disneyholic

For 31 day's I would suggest purchasing an annual pass, may seem silly to buy a year long pass for just a month but since Disney's tickets max out at 10 days its actually much cheaper and easier to do so versus buying 3-4 magic your way passes per person that expire 13 days after first use and possibly mixing them up.

31 days is a long time, so take your time and enjoy the parks, you will have a luxury few of us ever get to enjoy a whole month in the parks. That said I would suggest planning a break of some sort in middle of the vacation to keep from getting burned out...

One great option is planning a Disney cruise in the middle of the trip. It's a nice relaxing break from the parks but keeps you immersed in the Disney magic. If you want to let me know what month you will be visiting I can pull a list of cruise itineraries that are sailing during your trip. The cruises leave from Port Canaveral which is a short ride from WDW.

If a cruise is not your thing, perhaps you could use the time to try out a coupe of the resorts at WDW. Stay at the Grand Floridian for a week, then try the Animal Kingdom Lodge, then maybe Beach and Yacht clubs or the Contemporary just to have a change of scenery. Each resort has its own theme and feel to it so it feels like a different place each time even though your still in WDW right in the middle of the magic.

I would also suggest possibly making a couple day trips to the Universal and Sea world Parks (sea world and Aquatica water park) in particular Discovery Cove for a one of a kind Dolphin experience.

These are just suggestions, if you want to spend a whole month in the world by all means do so and have a wonderful time! Let us know if we can help.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Summer asks a lot of great questions. If money were no object, then I would stay in the Presidential Suite at Disney's BoardWalk Resort. It sleeps up to 8 I believe, and has a wonderful BoardWalk view, so you can just sit on your long balcony and people watch. You can also watch the Fireworks at EPCOT from your balcony every night.

The room is extremly charming and is really my personal favorite Presidential Suite.

As far as tickets go, I would get a 10 Day Park Hopper with Water Park fun and more, and no expiration option as far as tickets go, or I would get a Premium AP.

Also I would get a 6 Park Flex ticket that then gives me access to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, SeaWorld, Aquatica, Wet N' Wild and Adventure Island.

Like stated before I would just spend time exploring Disney World and the Orlando area.

Anyways I hope this helps!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

My personal favorite is the Polynesian Resort...it's a beautiful place, and very convenient to transportation (it's on the monorail, plus, it's within walking distance to the TTC, if you don't have a car). The restaurants, Ohana and Kona Cafe, are great.

But, if you're going to be there a whole month, you might want to consider one of the Disney Vacation Club resorts. You'll have a kitchen plus a washer and dryer right in your room. The only one I've stayed in is the Saratoga Springs, and it was lovely.

As for what to do for a whole month...aside from going to every single attraction and restaurant, you might want to consider taking some of the behind the scene tours. We never have enough time to do them when we go down, but I've heard they're very interesting.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsy1052 View Post
    Disney's Grand Floridian is their Flagship Resort. Top of the line in every way. You really cannot go too wrong with any of the Deluxe Resorts depending on what you like to do, there are some terrific choices.
    Very true. IMHO, I prefer the Polynesian and the Animal Kingdom Lodge but thats just me. I also like the Epcot deluxe resorts as well for covinence. I just love being able to walk out on the Boardwalk at anytime.

The AP pass is a must, the premium one that is
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• RCMC BlackSmith

Try a Deluxe Resort stay. I would love to stay at any of them, but unfortunantly, money is an object in my family. What to do... I would go to the four theme parks the first week or so. Then the rest, go to waterparks, dowtown disney, and other resort activities. Every resort has its own special something. It could be a show, dinner show, movie theater, or anything!!! I would head back to the four parks near the end again though.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

• Banned User

"money is no object"

Take me.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by draybook View Post
    "money is no object"

Take me.

Yeah. Me too.

I'll give you a personal tour. I have been there enough to do it. I give you historical info, rumors, imagineering that will never be, etc etc.
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

What you want to do considering the length of time you are staying, is price this "every which way but loose" so you know you have covered every possible option. From doing a package, a package that would include your meals, doing your resort and tickets separately, whether to go with a AP or PremiumAP which will give you access to all parks, water parks, Disney Quest, etc.

Don't let anyone rush you, make sure you get every price possible and then you can make a good decision for yourself & your family....

• Rear Window=Best Movie

On-Property- Tower Suite @ The Contemporary.
    There's so much to do at WDW but a must is: Breakfast inside Cinderella's Castle. Even if you don't have children or don't like characters the architecture is stunning and EVERYONE will be jealous. Hope your trip to beautiful Florida is fun and magical!

• RCMC BlackSmith

Quote Originally Posted by draybook View Post
    "money is no object"

Take me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    Yeah. Me too.

I'll give you a personal tour. I have been there enough to do it. I give you historical info, rumors, imagineering that will never be, etc etc.
    Dont forget me!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney