• Too far from Disney World

Question on WDW resort Beds

I'm getting ready to make reservations for a fall trip and have a question: Do the value resorts have king-sized beds (or queen-sized) in their resorts?

When we stayed in All-Star Movies last year they changed our room to a handicapped room when we requested this. I don't feel comfortable using a handicapped room incase someone else that really needs it does. We're both just really tall (I'm 6' and he's 6'5) and we don't fit well in a double bed
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Question on WDW resort Beds

When staying at the Value properties you can request a king bed. The only way to guarantee it is to request a Room for guests with Disabilities.

All the same, King rooms are not as sought after at the Value properties because of their family nature.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I always request a king bed because it's just me when I visit WDW, but I usually get put in a double room anyway. Only one time I got a king bed was because I requested the 70's building at Pop Century and the only room they had available with one was a handicap room. It was only for one night so I was ok with it.

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I always request a king bed because it's just me when I visit WDW, but I usually get put in a double room anyway. Only one time I got a king bed was because I requested the 70's building at Pop Century and the only room they had available with one was a handicap room. It was only for one night so I was ok with it.

OFTERIC...Let me start this by saying, I love you to death, agree with most of what you say almost 98% of the time...but this one is a exception. Why would you tell someone to request a handicapped room just to get a King Bed and take it away from someone who may really need it. I equate this to parking in a handicapped space when you don't need it. Just put in the request, if you get it fine, and thank the Good Lord if you reallly don't need it........

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsy1052 View Post
    OFTERIC...Let me start this by saying, I love you to death, agree with most of what you say almost 98% of the time...but this one is a exception. Why would you tell someone to request a handicapped room just to get a King Bed and take it away from someone who may really need it. I equate this to parking in a handicapped space when you don't need it. Just put in the request, if you get it fine, and thank the Good Lord if you reallly don't need it........
    Now now play nice you two!

The best way to get the bed you want and not resort to trickery is simply to 1) request it in the reservation and 2) call the resort desk a couple days in advance of your trip and the day of your arrival to reiterate the request. As stated above king beds are not that popular in the value resorts and unfortunately that means they have fewer of them, but the resort staff do their best to accommodate all requests and when your persistent you generally get what you want. (of course you can't always get what you want but if you try sometimes you just might find you get what you need... )

If that's too much work then use a travel agency that specializes in Disney travel like Magical Travel, we do special request like this for our customers all the time and it doesn't cost you a penny extra vs booking directly with Disney and we are happy to help in any way we can.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...