Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1

    • Ursus H. Bear, ESQ
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    341

    No Walt Disney World HMH.....EVER?

    I just read over at Scream scape that the idea for Haunted Mansion HOliday at WDW may have been dropped all together.....

    http://www.screamscape.com/html/walt_disney_world.htm

    Read it for yourselves dang gum!

    Not that I mind though....Ive ridden it so much, Im practically bored with it by now
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

    "Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

  2. #2

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Within 78 miles of WDW...
    Posts
    8,864

    Re: No Walt Disney World HMH.....EVER?

    What the theory is hows is since WDW is mainly tourists.. adding HMH may disrupt people's visit.. (even if it is during the holidays.. and country bear does a holiday show..) hence no IASW holiday... or sadly HMH....

  3. #3

    • All? NO, ALL!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    519

    Re: No Walt Disney World HMH.....EVER?

    Not everything has to be cloned.


  4. #4

    • Happy Memories
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,282

    Re: No Walt Disney World HMH.....EVER?

    I think that reasoning is a bunch of crap. People won't "get it" or "want it" because they are tourists from other countries?! and yet they've introduced Halloween in general and the HMH in both of the international Disneylands. Those countries didn't really care about Halloween, and yet now they have better celebrations than we Americans do. What's up with that?!




  5. #5

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Retired from MC
    Posts
    2,072

    Re: No Walt Disney World HMH.....EVER?

    I can confirm that the story is correct... WDW Management isn't interested in closing the mansion for that long on an annual basis.

  6. #6

    • 'Taint sure it's puddin!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    near Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,326

    Re: No Walt Disney World HMH.....EVER?

    From someone who has experienced WDW for many years, and now just learning about DLR here, I have to say it is a shame. HMH is wonderful, and has quite a following out here. I understand the frustrations about cloning attractions; perhaps a few changes to make it unique to WDW, but we used to fly to Anaheim, almost just for HMH during the holidays. Course now we can drive....
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

    PROUD Member Of................


    Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    - Sign up for MiceChat Gold!
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

  7. #7

    • Be-Bop Bear
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    Posts
    737

    Re: No Walt Disney World HMH.....EVER?

    I say HOORAY!!!!!!! It's about time Disneyland has something unique that WDW can't have. Sometimes I get sick to death of WDW-this and WDW-that, "The castle is bigger", "There's more to do", "Let's go celebrate WDW's 50th Anniversary!!!!!"

    Give America a reason to come to Disneyland. Pirates is better. Small World is better. Space Mountain is better. And we get two, count 'em, TWO amazing holiday overlays because Disneyland deserves to be the favored Princess in the Disney Royal Family.

    OMG!! Sorry everyone. I stepped away and apparently the ghost of Walt Disney just threw up all over my computer...
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

    Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

  8. #8

    • They wanna know, HO!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    860

    Re: No Walt Disney World HMH.....EVER?

    DL does not equal WDW

    What does that mean? DL does not cater to the same audience as WDW. People go to WDW a week or two every year or so and fly in and stay on site, people go to DL every weekend or once a month (or less) and drive from their house. WDW wants to minimize downtime of rides to keep tourists happy, thus no HMH, which would make the HM go down for 1/6th of the year.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

  9. #9

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Within 78 miles of WDW...
    Posts
    8,864

    Re: No Walt Disney World HMH.....EVER?

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyJCA
    I say HOORAY!!!!!!! It's about time Disneyland has something unique that WDW can't have. Sometimes I get sick to death of WDW-this and WDW-that, "The castle is bigger", "There's more to do", "Let's go celebrate WDW's 50th Anniversary!!!!!"

    Give America a reason to come to Disneyland. Pirates is better. Small World is better. Space Mountain is better. And we get two, count 'em, TWO amazing holiday overlays because Disneyland deserves to be the favored Princess in the Disney Royal Family.

    OMG!! Sorry everyone. I stepped away and apparently the ghost of Walt Disney just threw up all over my computer...
    lets review the list...
    Alice... Pinochio.... HMH... Matterhorn...IASW holiday...and some more.. You should remember that WDW doesn't have these... (though Everest is a modern version of matterhorn if you think about it..)

  10. #10

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: No Walt Disney World HMH.....EVER?

    Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    lets review the list...
    Alice... Pinochio.... HMH... Matterhorn...IASW holiday...and some more.. You should remember that WDW doesn't have these... (though Everest is a modern version of matterhorn if you think about it..)
    Don't forget Indy. Even though Dinosaur is the same track layout, I still want to see Indy, since it apparently (and most likely deservedly so) is far superior to WDW's Dinsosaur.

    Can't we have two princesses in a fairy tale? Why must there only be one?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  11. #11

    • Ursus H. Bear, ESQ
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    341

    Re: No Walt Disney World HMH.....EVER?

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyJCA
    I say HOORAY!!!!!!! It's about time Disneyland has something unique that WDW can't have. Sometimes I get sick to death of WDW-this and WDW-that, "The castle is bigger", "There's more to do", "Let's go celebrate WDW's 50th Anniversary!!!!!"

    Give America a reason to come to Disneyland. Pirates is better. Small World is better. Space Mountain is better. And we get two, count 'em, TWO amazing holiday overlays because Disneyland deserves to be the favored Princess in the Disney Royal Family.

    OMG!! Sorry everyone. I stepped away and apparently the ghost of Walt Disney just threw up all over my computer...
    I agree with that, but I would have liked to see what could have become of HMH (one of my utter favorites) in the larger expanded format that WDWs HM could provide.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

    "Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

  12. #12

    • Be-Bop Bear
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    Posts
    737

    Re: No Walt Disney World HMH.....EVER?

    Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark
    I agree with that, but I would have liked to see what could have become of HMH (one of my utter favorites) in the larger expanded format that WDWs HM could provide.
    Is WDW's Mansion that much larger than Disneyland's? I don't remember it being larger. It's got an extra room (the library), but isn't that about it? And the library isn't all that. I still think Disneyland's Mansion is better. I mean, it's got a freakin' elevator, not just a silly ceiling that rises in a poor imitation of the classic Disneyland effect.

    Walt Disney's ghost! I just got my computer cleaned up and he's back for more...
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

    Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

  13. #13

    • 'Taint sure it's puddin!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    near Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,326

    Re: No Walt Disney World HMH.....EVER?

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo
    Don't forget Indy. Even though Dinosaur is the same track layout, I still want to see Indy, since it apparently (and most likely deservedly so) is far superior to WDW's Dinsosaur.
    Yes it is. Dinosaur is good, Indy is fantastic.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

    PROUD Member Of................


    Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    - Sign up for MiceChat Gold!
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

  14. #14

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,016

    Re: No Walt Disney World HMH.....EVER?

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyJCA
    Is WDW's Mansion that much larger than Disneyland's? I don't remember it being larger. It's got an extra room (the library), but isn't that about it? And the library isn't all that. I still think Disneyland's Mansion is better. I mean, it's got a freakin' elevator, not just a silly ceiling that rises in a poor imitation of the classic Disneyland effect.
    DL's elevator HAS to go down. Gotta get to the show building.
    WDW's, I believe CANNOT go down. Water tables and such.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  15. #15

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,016

    Re: No Walt Disney World HMH.....EVER?

    Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321
    WDW wants to minimize downtime of rides to keep tourists happy, thus no HMH, which would make the HM go down for 1/6th of the year.
    I agree. There was a big stink here (or at MP, or at WDWMagic) about Fantasmic! going down for a week in January a couple years back.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] WALT DISNEY(The Man) vs. current Walt Disney World Management
    By Lightning509s in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 08:30 AM
  2. World Center Marriott To Offer First-Ever Walt Disney World Package
    By tjcjr in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 09:45 AM
  3. Walt Disney Treasures: Walt Disney World (Why Not?)
    By Club 33 in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 09:31 PM
  4. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-20-2006, 08:29 PM
  5. CURRENT STATE OF THE WORLD: Important Walt Disney World Poll!
    By General Grizz in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 05:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •