Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival, is it worth it?

This is from my weekly blog and I would like to know your thoughts about this:

Every year Epcot presents the Flower & Garden Festival. I have had many people ask what is it and is it worth my time to go and see it? What is Epcot’s Flower & Garden Festival? The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, inaugurated in 1994, brings out the real color of Epcot in specially-themed floral displays throughout the park, many including topiary sculptures of Disney characters. Guests can meet gardening experts and learn new ideas they can use in their own home gardens. The 15th annual event is scheduled for March 19 - June 1, 2008.

The next question of “is it worth my time to go see it?” That depends on what type of things you like. If you are not an outdoors person, or you are someone who goes to Walt Disney World strictly for the attractions, then your time is probably better spent elsewhere. But if you do have an appreciation for the outdoors and love plants and beautiful flowers then Epcot’s Flower & Garden Festival is not to be missed. The entire park has a different feel to it during this Festival. Normally Epcot has a futuristic theme, but the Flower & Garden Festival transforms this park into something much more. The topiaries and flower plantings throughout the park will truly make you think that you are in the middle of a nature park, not a theme park – ok outside of the screech of the cars racing by on Test Track. There is also a butterfly garden that you can walk through and view the different stages of a butterfly’s life, as well as see many different types flying around you. Just outside of the butterfly garden is a children’s playground, which will occupy your kids for awhile and allow you to sit down and relax for a bit.

We have been to this festival the past several years and they are constantly changing the topiaries and placements, making it a different experience every year. There are also many interactive exhibits that children can take part in, such as the exhibit where children can decorate a box filled with seeds and take them home to plant. Another neat thing to do is to ride the monorail from the Transportation and Ticket Center to Epcot. The monorail will give you a bird’s eye view of the Festival and allows you for excellent pictures from above of many of the arrangements.

• Minion

Re: Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival, is it worth it?

ORDDU: Normally, my sisters and I would say that Epcot's Flower and Garden Show IS worth seeing. But for some reason, this year was a disappointment for us.

ORWEN: Yeah--a lot of the flowers we saw were already wilted and dying! And it was close to the opening weekend when we went!

ORDDU: There didn't seem to be as many topiaries out this year, either.

ORWEN: Plus some of the flower arrangements for this year just didn't seem as pretty to look at as they always were in the past. I don't know what went wrong but whoever was in charge of planning this thing for this year seemed to be on vacation. It just wasn't very good.

ORDDU: The beach theme isn't very inspiring either. But maybe 2008 was just a bad fluke for them and next year's version will be much better. We can only hope.

ORGOCH: Got weeds?