Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Duane

800 telephone number?

Does anyone have an active 800 telephone number I can use to call the Walt Disney Travel Company and book a WDW vacation? I've had 2 different numbers in the past and they're both disconnected now.

• Rear Window=Best Movie

Re: 800 telephone number?

Last edited by WDWImagineer; 05-06-2008 at 10:00 AM. Reason: WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Duane View Post
    Does anyone have an active 800 telephone number I can use to call the Walt Disney Travel Company and book a WDW vacation? I've had 2 different numbers in the past and they're both disconnected now.
    It's tough to find a toll free number to call for reservations. Every once in awhile they may release one for a special marketing campaign; then they disconnect it. Disney doesn't feel a need to have a toll free number for their guests. Many people have great long distance phone rates now or one flate rate to call long distance. Cell phone companies have free calls after a certain night time hour too.

• Former CM

Since I don't have long distance on my home phone I use my cell since it has free long distance.

• Too far from Disney World

Or book online too!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticDuck View Post
    Or book online too!
    Or though a dedicated Disney travel agency who works directly with the Disney Travel Company on your behalf, will provide added services to add value and usually save you more money and work directly with you AND provide you with their 800 number... like those wonderful folks who sponsor the Disney Cruise line section of MiceChat...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• making magic is fun!

Yeah there have been some threads on several sites and it seems Disney has been closing all the 1-800 numbers.
    Kelly

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

Quote Originally Posted by Duane View Post
    Toll free numbers for WDTC are designated travel agent phone numbers only. Once they leak out, Disney cuts them off. The Travel Company part of the reservation center is for travel agents only.

You have to call 407-W-DISNEY to make reservations. This web site is also great at erasing those number as soon as it is aware that someone has posted them.

If you book through a travel agent, we all have 800 numbers for you to use for any questions or planning you may want to do.

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    Or though a dedicated Disney travel agency who works directly with the Disney Travel Company on your behalf, will provide added services to add value and usually save you more money and work directly with you AND provide you with their 800 number... like those wonderful folks who sponsor the Disney Cruise line section of MiceChat...
    Shameless plug intended.....
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvdisney View Post
    Yeah there have been some threads on several sites and it seems Disney has been closing all the 1-800 numbers.
    As more and more people switch to VOIP services like Comcast Digital voice, Vonage and the like and don't pay anything additional for long distance there is less demand for the traditional 800 services inside the US. I have noticed a lot of companies are either discontinuing thier existing 800 lines or transferring them to virtual PBX/VOIP based 800 solutions or discontinuing them all together. I personally don't think its good customer service or sends the right message to customers personally, but all businesses are looking to save money any way they can with prices going up.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Little Miss Sunshine

I don't remember Disney ever having a toll-free line for guests for any length of time. I did use one as a TA, but I prefer to book online now - and save the hassle of trying to be upsold. I don't expect 1-800 numbers to be around much longer, they will go the way of Betamax - but it was terrible when I worked for DRC, and I had to keep the guests on longer than needed. I felt bad that they were paying for the call.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I don't remember Disney ever having a toll-free line for guests for any length of time. I did use one as a TA, but I prefer to book online now - and save the hassle of trying to be upsold. I don't expect 1-800 numbers to be around much longer, they will go the way of Betamax - but it was terrible when I worked for DRC, and I had to keep the guests on longer than needed. I felt bad that they were paying for the call.
    You are right Denise. They are not dumb. They know people who want to go to Disney will call anyway so why pay for toll free numbers for the general public. They do it for the TA's because of the amount of money the TA's generate. The TA's more than cover the expense of toll free numbers for Disney.

I don't remember WDW ever having a toll free number for reservations, but for some reason I think DL resort does.

You may be right Disney Magic, I think DL has toll free number, but they also don't have the call volume that WDW has. They also close their res center on major holidays where WDW is open everyday all year long.

By the way, did you get my answer to you regarding the GG house???

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsy1052 View Post
    By the way, did you get my answer to you regarding the GG house???

Yes I did thanks, it makes a lot more sense now. I always took it at face value when the CM said on the tour that it was the actual house used for the outside on the show. I already knew the inside was filmed in an LA studio. Silly me still believing in magic. Back to watching the GGs on Lifetime now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast