Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: OFTEric's Toy Story Midway Mania Review!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    How is this more than a video game on wheels?
    When WDI was making this ride, there was a big sign that said 'video games' with a big slash through it. Their intention was not video games. Their intention was real-time midway games with things interacting with what you're doing. I guess 4D is more accurate to what they were shooting for.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

It is really incredible how it looks like things are ACTUALLY shooting out of your cannon! It was really incredible!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Quote Originally Posted by OFTEric View Post

My overall review-
    1. Exterior- LOVE IT
    2. Queue - LOVE IT
    3. Mr. Patato Head - LOVE IT
    4. Ride Vehicle - LOVE IT
    5. Ride - LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
    6. Loading for guest with disabilities - AMAZING!
    7. Exit - LOVE IT
    It's about time that someone says something POSITIVE about a Disney ride. I was beginning to think this was a place to only rant and air your anger at what Disney does that pisses you off.

Thanks so much for LOVING it.
    My new motto for 2008 - "If you will live like no one else today, later you can live like no one else." - Dave Ramsey.

• Banned User

How did you guys manage to get in? Because I went to DHS today and the "wall" was still there and no previews were being held. Of course... someone did mention that only CM were being allowed on the ride.. Or did they lie to regular guests as usual?

Of course, I will try my luck tomorrow during the supposedly AP preview.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    How did you guys manage to get in? Because I went to DHS today and the "wall" was still there and no previews were being held. Of course... someone did mention that only CM were being allowed on the ride.. Or did they lie to regular guests as usual?

Of course, I will try my luck tomorrow during the supposedly AP preview.
    It was a Destination Sales event! So yay for partnering with Disney!

• Minion

ORWEN: Oh! I just LOVED Toy Story Mania!!! My favorite part was the ring toss with those cute little green men!!

ORDDU: Indeed! My sisters and I managed to join a few MiceChat ducklings on Saturday during the AP preview--including Summer in FL--and we must say we had the time of our lives. Even the wait time in the queue was worth it all. So much to see along the way!

ORGOCH: 'spec'ly ol Tater Head. Been a long time since I seen a vege come ta life like he did!

ORWEN: I can't imagine anybody not liking this ride. It's the kind of thing Disney used to do way back when--before some old toads came along to try and ruin Disney's reputation. But this ride really ought to be the most popular attraction at Disney Hollywood Studios.

ORDDU: Agreed. Of course we have to admit that part of our appreciation for Toy Story Mania had to do with the company we were keeping that day. You haven't lived until you've stood in line with a bunch of MiceChat Hunks in heat! (It was 91 degrees outside.)

• Banned User

Isn't that like... selling your soul to the devil?
    Just kididng...

Anyways... I wish I was as enthusiastic as you about this ride. It's a lot of fun and that is why it will be successful... but for me? I expected a bit more dazzle and a whole lot less TV. Reason why I did not give it the stellar reviews you, Summer and Denise have given it. But that is just my opinion and no one has to agree with it. I guess my expectations are higher because I know Disney can do much better than this.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Eric, thanks so much for the review! The whole MC gang there in Florida have done a great job giving us coverage of the new attraction. I guess your business and job has some nice perks!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
    Eric, thanks so much for the review! The whole MC gang there in Florida have done a great job giving us coverage of the new attraction. I guess your business and job has some nice perks!
    I will admit that I LOVE my job!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

It was really super cool! I learned a few tricks with the Spring Action Shooter so that I could help myself get a better score. My best score for the evening was 125,000!

I won a Beaver!
    I won the beaver too! You beat me though, my high for the day was 123,000. I admit I got addicted to the high scores up at the top! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Glad you liked it! Now tell me, how does this affect your feelings about Buzz? Does it still make it something you want to ride or would you rather ride Toy Story Mania instead? Granted they're in different parks but do you think it will have an affect?
    Honestly, compared to TSMM, Buzz is a cheap version 1.0 of interactive shooter type attractions. The interaction is what gets it for me but I "am" a gamer so I'm a little biased.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    How is this more than a video game on wheels?
    What makes Haunted Mansion more than ride cars on a track?

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    When WDI was making this ride, there was a big sign that said 'video games' with a big slash through it. Their intention was not video games. Their intention was real-time midway games with things interacting with what you're doing. I guess 4D is more accurate to what they were shooting for.
    Absolutely, it added to the fun wondering what was going to come at you next when you popped something. My favorite would have to be the rocket whizzing past my head, just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by toadann View Post
    It's about time that someone says something POSITIVE about a Disney ride. I was beginning to think this was a place to only rant and air your anger at what Disney does that pisses you off.

Thanks so much for LOVING it.
    We ALL aren't ogres. Then again, I've been called a Disney Apologist so take my opinion how you like. LOL

What an awesome first look at the attraction you got! How exciting! I love how you had NO line in your photos. Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Agreed. Of course we have to admit that part of our appreciation for Toy Story Mania had to do with the company we were keeping that day. You haven't lived until you've stood in line with a bunch of MiceChat Hunks in heat! (It was 91 degrees outside.)
    Think we should run back and ask that sexy Brit if he needs more sunblock?

I will admit that I LOVE my job!
    And you're so good at it too! What's not to love about that!

• Minion

ORDDU: Indeed, Summer, dear. As a matter of fact, I went out and bought an entire CASE of sun block just for the occasion...

• Banned User

Witches in da house.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

ORDDU: Indeed, Summer, dear. As a matter of fact, I went out and bought an entire CASE of sun block just for the occasion...
    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Witches in da house.

Lakeland Florida......40 minutes from WDW.

Let me run out & buy stock in Coppertone! Seriously dear Orddu, that poor Brit probably didn't need sunscreen in some of the areas to which you attempted to apply them.
    Rod

.....a dawn for new awareness........(S.B. Anthony, American Adventure, Epcot)

Lakeland Florida......40 minutes from WDW.

I LOVED TSMM! Surprisingly so, actually. I'm definitely NOT into video games and honestly went thinking I would not really enjoy the ride that much. (I don't really enjoy Buzz much.) But it was definitely fun and worth the wait! (Although the wait time definitely seemed shorter because I got to visit with my MC buddies while waiting.) The ride moves from arcade to arcade much more rapidly than Buzz Lightyear ride does, so that made the transitions much more interesting to me......a little bit of "thrill" to the ride, if you will.......but not so much to cause any hint of motion sickness (which one in our party had concerns about). I thought it was an added bonus that during the couple of "wait times" we had, the game allows for players to continue shooting at targets, without racking up further scores. So it's a good way to occupy your time while, presumably, waiting for them to board/de-board disabled riders. I will definitely ride TSMM again!
    Rod

.....a dawn for new awareness........(S.B. Anthony, American Adventure, Epcot)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast