Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Do You know?

Disney1978's first trip to the World, May 7 -15

I have grown up loving Disneyland, but have always held a place in my heart for Disney World. From t.v., to movies, to other friends raving about this place I have dreamed of I could not wait to go.

I received a message one day from Brerrbit1 stating that he was going to Walt Disney World and asked DOOM BGI and I if we wanted to go also. DOOM BGI is always up for going to Disney World (or anywhere ) , so there was no question there. Long story short, I finally got my vacation time approved from work (2 weeks before my trip ), so I was off on my dream vacation.

May 7th
    After making my way to LAX and dealing with the new bagage restrictions that United started and not stressing about how much I had to pay for my overweight bag I found that they were working on the landmark resturant.

I got my favorite seat on the plane. This is the only picture I have that is not all clouds.

As soon as the plane took off the two children that were sitting next to me lean over to see out the window and then say, "Everything looks like toys from up here!" & "We are on top of the world."
    I just love a child's perspective (sometimes).

The plane left from LAX at 9am and I landed in Orlando at 4pm. DOOM BGI had arrived in Orlando the day before so as soon as I got my luggage I was meet by the DBME (DOOM BGI Magical Express). We went to the hotel where I changed into shorts because wearing pants in Orlando felt like I was being punished for some crime I did not commit.

I had made reservations for Tony's Town Square Restaurant because I wanted Magic Kindom to be the first park that I went to. DOOM BGI wanted to show me his favorite way to get to Magic Kingdom, so we took the boat. Here is DOOM BGI loving that I was taking his picture.

Views from Seven Seas Lagoon to the Magic Kingdom

The Contemporary and the new DVC unit they are building

After picking up my ticket at Guest Relations and then having my fingerprint scaned for the very first time I was in!

When I first walked in I was noticing how things were very similar to Disneyland, but in a different scale. When I saw that castle I realized that I was in a different place all together.

I had to have my picture in front of this!

You will see a trend with some of the photos in this TR, but I will get to that later.

We had some time before our reservation for one ride, so being DOOM BGI you can probably guess what he suggested.....

The Haunted Mansion! I do not know what it was like before they "enhanced" it, but it was amazing. Mousercise had told me to be the very last one out of the streching gallery and I have to thank her for that! Creepy. "Get OUT" Here are some pictures from the exterior of the ride

On our way back to Main Street I kept taking pictures of Liberty Square because it was something completly new to me. No New Orleans Square here.

Funnel Cakes anyone?

Tony's Town Square Restaurant is based on the Italian Resturant from Lady & the Tramp.

Here is a close up of DOOM BGI's shirt because I love it!

DOOM BGI and I both ordered the Shrimp Cesar Salad. It was very Yummy!

If you don't like seeing pictures of food, you might want to stop reading this TR.

As soon as we finished dinner the fireworks show "Wishes" had just started. Friends of mine who had gone to Disney World before had told me that had sat right in front of the castle to watch the fireworks because in Disneyland that is a great spot, but the castle in WDW is a bit bigger so they had recommended to watch the fireworks by the train station. This seemed like it was everyones plan.
    Here are some "artistic" fireworks shots

While DOOM BGI was on the phone trying to see if Brerrbit1's plane was on time I wondered around Main Street and took some photos and certain things throughout the trip reminded me of Micechatters. This one is for Snow_White_Raven.

Here is another Main Street window.

I love the way Disney parks look at night!

We left Magic Kingdom and went and picked up Brerrbit1 from the airport and since he had not eaten since Denver (one of the lay overs he had) we went to Denny's because that is what you eat late at night. I think it is a law actually! When we were walking out Brerrbit1 noticed that there was claw machine and asked me what I wanted him to get for me. I told him nothing because I did not want him to waste his money. Well, he did not listen and he put his money in the machine.

He won GIZMO! We now had our mascot for our trip. We soon had a theme song also!

After talking until about 2am (because we are used to West Coast time) we all decided to go to bed. The next day holds alot for us including finding more Micechatters.

• Brrr...its cold out there

Re: Disney1978's first trip to the World, May 7 -15

YAY !! It is looking good so far !! I can not wait to see the rest !

• coco puff/chanel

Blog Entries

very nice. i have never been to walt disney world so anxiously waiting for more pics!!

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

YAY YAY YAY! I was so excited for your trip and now I'm excited to see the trip report.

MORE PLEASE!
    Rick

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

There were way too many MiceChatters on the East coast this last week (without us). Finally we can begin to catch up with what a few of them have been up to.

Get to work, girl!

Lu
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I've been patiently waiting for your report and so far I'm loving it. Can't wait to see more.

• World Traveler

What a wonderful TR! Thanks ... I can't wait for more. I'm glad you enjoyed our little part of the world.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Ohhh lovely trip report!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Wow, he won a gizmo just like that! Impressive! Most impressive.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Do You know?

I am glad that you all like it so far because uploading these photos is work!

May 8th-
    Part 1

While brerrbit1 and I were getting ready that morning DOOM BGI had left to go get another one to add to our growing group.

He found this person at the airport and decided to bring her with him.

That is right, it is Skywaygrl! After Skywaygrl changed and got about 2 minutes of sleep after her red eye flight we left for our reservation for the Kona Kafe at the Poly. I decided on the Tonga Toast, just read the description and you will see why.

I somehow did not get a picture of it, probably too busy eating it. YUMMY!

I think that this photo is blurry because I was too focused on the french press filled with Kona Coffee. Even thinking of it now brings a smile to my face.

I love the interior of the Kona and the Poly also. It reminds me of Hawaii, the Brady Bunch version.

Here is brerrbit1 thinking that if he takes a picture of me than I will stop taking pictures of him.... so wrong.

After our very good breakfast, Skywaygrl had decided that since she only had one day at a Disney World that she wanted to go to Epcot. We hoped on the monorail and we were off.

DOOM BGI had pointed out to me that in Disneyland the monorail is a ride and in WDW it is actually transportation. When I would think of the Magic Kindom and how you could take the monorail to Epcot I thought it was just down the street. It is actually miles away. I was very impressed!

I was very moved when I walked into Magic Kindom and saw the castle, but when I walked into Epcot for the very first time and saw the "golf ball" (what I have called it since I was a kid) I was in awe.

I had always thought that Spaceship Earth was all silver until recently I saw a picture and noticed the black lines. I kept looking at those lines when I was there.

We had lunch reservations at Le Cellier, so we decided to start in Future World. After getting fastpasses for Test Track, DOOM BGI and I decided to go on Mission: Space. The last time Skywaygrl & brerrbit1 had gone on Mission: Space they did not feel 100% the rest of the day, so they decided to wait for us. I was going to try the green less intense side, but that had a 20 minute wait, so I was brave and went to the 5 minute orange side.

I loved this ride! They warn you so many times and give you plenty of chances to leave before you are seated. I felt like a pancake at one point, but I loved how intense it was and as soon as they would tell me to press the button I would!

It gets 2 thumbs up from me!

By the time we were done with that we still had time before our fastpasses came up, so we went on Ellen's Universe of Energy which was cute and very informative. It is another ride / video where they let you know that it is over 30 minutes long, so if you want to leave there is no shame.

brerrbit1, skywaygrl and DOOM BGI

Wonders of Life (I believe) building during the Flower & Garden festival was turned into an area where you can take classes, buy merchandise or just get a cheese plate.

I see a mouse!

Here is brerrbit1 trying to take a Fishbulb inspired photo. I try and do the same, a little bit later.

I love this little gnome Mickey that is on a flower pot.

Here he is on a rain gauge.

Here is DOOM BGI with his fruit and cheese plate

My Dad is a huge fan of trains, so if there was anything to do with a train I took a picture. I don't know what these had to do with the Flower & Garden Festival, but it was there.

Here is the Diseyland train.

Welcome to Funky garden town

Our fastpasses were up for Test Track so we made our way over there.
    Here are some shots of the interior.

brebrrit1 & Skywaygrl in a very intense conversation?

This makes me laugh!

This ride was so much fun my only problem is that when we braked at one point and the seatbelt felt like it cut into my collar bone. I guess that is what happens when you are short! I would go on it 20 more times in a row, so it obviously did not bother me that much.

Before going to World Showcase I was told that we had to go to Club Cool. That is where you can try for free sodas from around the world.

The one that I "had to try" was Beverly. Here is my reaction.

This is what brerrbit1 thought of it!

Here is a display for the F&G Festival.
    For all the Stitch fans in my life.

Donald & Daisy playing a nice game of volleyball

On our way to the Canada Pavillion for lunch we saw a film crew. It turns out they were filming something for a new reality show.

We knew that there was someone famous there, but it took me a minute to see who it was.

The guy in the brown shirt is Nick Lachey. I don't know what he does on the show, but he was looking good!

When I brerrbit1 had asked me to go to WDW I started making dining reservations. I did not want to many because I did want some surprises of where we would be going each day, but I wanted to eat Le Cellier, so that is why I called months ahead of time. When I booked the reservation the agent told me that Le Cellier had become almost, if not more, popular than Cinderella's Royal Table in the castle.

Yeah! The only thing that was available was a lunch reservation. Right before going into lunch we ran into Bornieo Goes Bananas who had just finished watching the Canada movie. It is a small world after all.

Here is the Cheddar Bacon soup that brerrbit1, skywaygrl and I had all ordered.

This is the soup that DOOM BGI had. It was watermelon and shrimp. It came in a beaker.

Brerrbit1, Skywaygrl & I all ordered the same thing for the entree also. The prime rib sandwhich with potato salad on the side.

It was so tasty! I miss it
    DOOM BGI ordered the steak salad.

Since Skywaygrl and brerrbit1 had decided to share lunch they got very close afterwards.

They were just trying to compete with DOOM BGI & I Impossible.

Then came dessert! Here is the strawberry cheesecake with strawberry compote

This is the Nectarine Sorbet

• Do You know?

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Wow, he won a gizmo just like that! Impressive! Most impressive.
    Gizmo was in my bag when we went through bag check at Epcot. The security guard pulled him out and told the people around me to be quite because he was sleeping. Someone behind me all of a sudden yelled out, "Don't get him wet!" and then someone else said, "Don't feed him after midnight!"

I left him at the hotel after that!

• Senior Minion

Ooo ... great place, great food and great friends! Seems like it was a fantastically fun trip to WDW!!!

• Brrr...its cold out there

Quote Originally Posted by Disney1978 View Post
    Gizmo was in my bag when we went through bag check at Epcot. The security guard pulled him out and told the people around me to be quite because he was sleeping. Someone behind me all of a sudden yelled out, "Don't get him wet!" and then someone else said, "Don't feed him after midnight!"

I was wondering what happened to Gizmo Now I know what happened !

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by Disney1978 View Post

This reminds me of the time I wore a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup t-shirt to New York City and every single person I walked past decided to stop and tell me how they liked to eat their Reese's...
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Do You know?

Day 2, Part 2-
    After a fantastic lunch since we were in Canada already we decided to watch the movie with Martin Short. I am not a big fan of his anyways, but I did like this movie maybe because my mom and actually most of my family is from Canada.

I have actually been to this garden in Canada.

Skywaygrl walking into the movie.

O' Canada

Next we were on our way to England

When I had gone to Europe one of my favorite countries was England, so I may be a little biased, but I loved this pavallion. I loved the walkways, the accents of the people that worked there, just everything.

I am almost done with my family heritage with in a 1/4 of a mile. Canada = check. Before they moved to Canada they were from England. The other part of my family was from France.

There it is!
    Here is my Fishbulb inspired photo. Hopefully it is not too bad!

While in France we ran into another Micechatter, DLRP_bopazot who was working and was telling us what we should see while we were there. While in France I got the Grand Marnier Orange Slush that I had heard about from Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel. Brerrbit1 got the Grey Goose Lemon drink. Here we are with our very good alcohol

Skywaygrl liked what we had, but she was waiting for her drink in Morocco. At the Tangerine Cafe she got this wonderful drink.

After brerrbit1 and I finished our drinks we decided that we needed to get one, so while he went to go get the drinks Skywaygrl and I went around and were taking pictures in the nearby pavallions.

In the department store in Japan I found two things:

Munchichi (sp?). I had one of these growing up and loved him!

I also found Michechat food! POCKY

Eat Pocky it's good for you!

I have this same picture of me in front of the real one in Venice, so here is me in front of the real-like fake one with my now finished Tangerine drink.

From Germany

We finished going around the rest of the World Showcase.
    Here is Skywaygrl realizing that she was living on only a few hours of sleep.

We left Epcot and made our way back to the hotel. The DBME made its way back to the airport to pick up our last guest. DOOM BGI returned with Chernabog! Since him and the rest of us were hungry we went to Raglan Road at Downtown Disney. The food and entertainment were great. This is also the place that we ran into Bornieo for a second time! LOL

I have no pictures from this night because after dinner we went to Mannequins and what happens there stays there. That place was so much fun! Chernabog and I kept laughing because they have these fog machines that all of a sudden blow down on the crowd and when that happens these woman that probably spent at least an hour on their hair would get messed up and they would freak out. Good times, good times. They also have a revolving dance floor, so when some people that probably have had a few too many would try and get on the floor...oops.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast