Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• We'll hold them at bay

Re: What would you do? 3 adults in a hotel room

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I wouldn't say that one would need a car at FW more than anywhere else.
    Don't you need a bus to get around the resort?

I have eaten at Trails End. And you need to take a bus to get to the resort, then another bus to get to the lakeside area and all the designated spots.
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    Don't you need a bus to get around the resort?

I have eaten at Trails End. And you need to take a bus to get to the resort, then another bus to get to the lakeside area and all the designated spots.
    You can take a bus, or rent a bike, golf cart or walk. I walk much of the time. From the main parking lot to Trails End is about a 20 minute walk. From Trails End to the Meadows Complex is about a 7 minute walk. If you want to use the buses, there are external and internal buses. Yellow, orange and purple are internal - though orange also ends up going to the WL (not sure if it also goes to the MK).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

If I was 15 and I got to take a trip to WDW, I would sleep on the floor (I'm 19 right now. Still would). I'd probably bring a sleeping bag or a pad for comfort, but I'd do it. I understand that the situation isn't supposed to be a "Deal with it or you don't get to come" sort of thing, but I'd be all over that.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    In all of the deluxe resorts they have a sofa bed in the room, based on the ones used in the DCL. The are quite comfortable and come ready made, we had to use one when my wife broke her ankle at Epcot last trip. (Actually it was the subsequent fall that did the damage....)
    Neither the WL or AKL (both deluxe properties) have daybeds. I can't think of any that have a sofabed except for the DVC resorts.

Many deluxe resorts on property have a daybed. The Polynesian, GF, Contemporary, etc. have daybeds. The Yacht and Beach have daybeds, but I do not believe that every room has one (many do, but it used to be that not all did). The WL does have the deluxe rooms, but they are pricey - and the AKL used to have deluxe rooms as well, but I believe they are all now DVC rooms.

The largest deluxe rooms on property are going to be the older ones - the Contemporary Resort and the Polynesian Resort, and the GF - even though that isn't as old. They still have less square footage than a cabin, or an All Star Music Suite (with less privacy).

The trundle beds at the Port Orleans Riverside resort are too small for a 15 year old.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I still can't get over the title of this thread
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My grandson isn't the one asking for his own bed. I am the one that would like our trip to be as comfortable as possible. He has always shared a bed with mom, or me before.

Sean is not a small child anymore. That's why I said 3 adults in a hotel room. He could be almost 6 feet tall, the way he has been growing lately, by the time we make this trip.

I get up many times during the night, and I don't want to disturb the two of them.

The way, I see it, during Peak season, which is what we are talking about, a value resort runs $119, a room. Double that and we have $238. Where can I get another room that will sleep three comfortably on property. I have stayed in a deluxe. They have Queen beds, and a daybed usually, but I am not going to get that for $238, I don't think. We don't want to go back to Port Orleans Riverside, because we have stayed there twice already. Although, I wouldn't mind staying in the French Quarter.

Many MiceChatters have stayed in many different accomodations over the years. perhaps I am missing something that isn't advertised freely on these websites.

They don't always list prices for suites, and the ones that I have seen are more than the cost of two separate value rooms. I did check prices on the web before posting this thread.

Just thinking out loud here. It's a long way till I make my plans. I thought I'd ask the people who have stayed in the rooms, and paid the prices.

Thank you to everyone who has responded so far.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

We had a similar situation over a year ago. We went with one of the new suites at the All Star Music Resorts. My partner and I had the main room and our one friend slept on the fold out couch.

But he didn't have to. There was also a fold out chair!

I think this would be perfect for you guys!

There's two bathrooms, but the one closest to the main bedroom is just a zip across (I, too, get up frequently during the night) without bothering those in the main living area (where you family would be sleeping).

I really recommend it.

To top it off, if you all rent a car, drive over to the Publix by DTD--you can grab snacks and breakfasts. There's a kitchenette in your room as well!

The hotel itself is the usual Disney-style with fun stuff to do and a decent pool. I plan on staying there again, that's for sure. We're travellers, by far, and prefer to zip over to the park and stay until closing. Or better, we hop on the "I" and drive over to Cocoa for a walk on the beach for a day or two.

Again, I'd really recommend that option for you. Yeah, it might be a few more bucks, but we found it very hospitable.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Both times I stayed at Port Orleans (Riverside and French Quarter), there was a trundle bed under one of the double beds in my room. You just roll it out, grab the spare pillow in the closet area and you're good to go.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    You can take a bus, or rent a bike, golf cart or walk. I walk much of the time. From the main parking lot to Trails End is about a 20 minute walk. From Trails End to the Meadows Complex is about a 7 minute walk. If you want to use the buses, there are external and internal buses. Yellow, orange and purple are internal - though orange also ends up going to the WL (not sure if it also goes to the MK).
    1. The busing internally is a bit of pain to me

2. After walking the parks, I wouldn't be into a 20 minute walk to Trail's End. Boma maybe.
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

How much are the All-Star Suites? If they were more than the cabins at Fort Wilderness, I'd totally recommend the cabin. Although I despise the buses at the campground, I'd take them any day over the "party atmosphere" of the All-Star resorts.

The campground is insanely peaceful. Like Denise said, you get a real kitchen (full-size fridge, stove, oven, microwave, cabinets, dining table, etc...), two full beds, two bunkbeds and a deck with a picnic table and grille. You really can't beat it for the price. Plus, if you are renting a car, you can literally park 1' away from your cabin. So, you can drive to all the parks (for free) and avoid the buses altogether since your car is right there.

You also don't have to worry about kids screaming or banging on the wall in the neighboring room.
    -Tim

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Considering the cost element first, I have decided that when I finally book the "room only" reservation portion of my upcoming vacation, I have decided to do 2 rooms at All Star Movies. My grandson's mom wants to stay in the 101 Dalmatians section. I would probably have chosen a different one, but I left that request up to her.

Strictly on cost this is the best option for us. Considering other factors, I have seen room layouts, and photos of the suites at All Star Music. The layout won't work for us, because of the way the rooms are designed. I am always the one last to arrive back at the room at night, and I'd be waking everyone up, no matter which way we divided up the space.

The Fort Wilderness cabins look really nice. In fact they had a program on the Travel Channel the other night that showed them. The cost was more than I wanted to spend though.

Actually staying at All Stars lets me check one more resort off the list that I have. I really would like to stay at each resort at Disney World, eventually if I can.

I pick my resort, and then I plan my vacation around it. I think this time, we may even hit a waterpark. We have 3 options left on passes that we bought in 2003. Options that don't expire until we use them. So perhaps I will finally get to watch my grandson slide down all those great slides at Blizzard Beach, or I'll sail down the lazy river myself at Typhoon Lagoon.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I still can't get over the title of this thread

Great minds think alike. Thats the first thing I thought of when I saw the title.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Please don't waste your money on 2 rooms. Let the kid sleep on a rollaway bed. That will save you a ton of money to blow on other worthless Disney stuff. LOL!

I would NOT stay at All Star Movies under any circumstances. The rooms there date back to 1999 and have not been renovated since. Everyone I know who has stayed there has horror stories. You really don't want to pay that much for what amounts to a Disney-themed dump.

Both Music and Sports have just ended (Sports this year, Music last) thorough renovations to the rooms and they are very nice. And Pop Century's rooms were still acceptable when I stayed there last year.

But a resort where the rooms haven't been touched in nine years? I can only imagine what some of those rooms look like.

I would also stay at a FW cabin over a value, but if it is too much, it is too much.

There are obviously better and less expensive options off-property if you wanted to go in that direction as well. But I'd rethink the Movies. Or read plenty of reviews on TripAdvisor and decide for yourself.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    I would NOT stay at All Star Movies under any circumstances. The rooms there date back to 1999 and have not been renovated since. Everyone I know who has stayed there has horror stories. You really don't want to pay that much for what amounts to a Disney-themed dump.

Both Music and Sports have just ended (Sports this year, Music last) thorough renovations to the rooms and they are very nice. And Pop Century's rooms were still acceptable when I stayed there last year.

But a resort where the rooms haven't been touched in nine years? I can only imagine what some of those rooms look like.

I would also stay at a FW cabin over a value, but if it is too much, it is too much.

There are obviously better and less expensive options off-property if you wanted to go in that direction as well. But I'd rethink the Movies. Or read plenty of reviews on TripAdvisor and decide for yourself.
    This is very sound advice. I did not know this. We have never stayed in a value resort. I have done many different Disney resorts, in the many times that I have been there. We are not driving, so we are only interested in "on property". I am going to pass this information on to my grandson's mom. Her and I are making these decisions. My grandson leaves all this up to us. He loves going, and always has a great time.

Thanks again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast