Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: What would you do? 3 adults in a hotel room

Very welcome, Barbaraann, I just think that for what a Disney vacation costs you should get a quality experience. I absolutely don't believe you'll get that at Movies. For some reason it is the most popular of all values and Disney hasn't chosen to renovate it.

If it were me, I'd stay at Sports since you'll be getting a '2008 room' in 2008. Much like renting a car ... if there are two that are in my class and price and one has 1,431 miles on it and the other has 26,788 miles, you know which one I'm taking.

From a food court perspective, I like Pop best by far. From an atmosphere perspective, Music is actually quite lovely ... especially the Jazz Inn area at night.

If it were me, I'd do Sports, Music and Pop in that order. I'd stay far away from Movies.

Perhaps you should ask the grandson what he'd like? Plenty of pics online to look at. (Deb Wills' site has photos of all the resorts and rooms, although just sample rooms)

Oh one other thing, the furnishings at Music and Sports are a bit more upscale than Pop since they are newer and there's 'slightly' more storage space (rooms are all the same size).

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have been looking at the pictures online. I also have last year's passporter. I do a lot of research before I actually make my reservation, and I have changed things at the last minute when a better option becomes available. I have looked at all the different prices, and all the different ameneties. I asked this question here, because many MiceChatters have stayed at many more resorts than I have. They know, first hand, what is out there. I have paid a lot of money for hotel rooms in the past. This would actually not cost as much as I have paid before. I am hoping I don't get hit too terrible with the airfare.

Of course, we are also planning this for Spring Break, which is the only time we can all travel together, so that is Peak season. We have been there at that time before in the past.

Believe me, I am a compulsive planner. When I mentioned this idea to Kathy, that Sean's mom, she said "can we stay in puppies?" She meant 101 Dalmatians, of course. I said, it didn't really matter to me. However, if all rooms are not equal, then I will definitely explain that to her.

I would have selected the home Home Run Building, as my choice to ask for, since I am a big baseball fan.

My grandson just wants his own bed. I did ask him that question the other night. He shly nodded that response. Like I said, Sean is low maintenance.

I have some time before my final decision. The school schedule won't come out until August, or September, so then I will know exact dates.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Here's the deal. I want to return to Disney World in 09 with my grandson and his mom. We haven't been to Disney World together since 05. My 15 year old grandson definitely needs his own bed to sleep in. No more sleeping with mom, or grandma.

What would you do?

2 hotel rooms at a value resort?

Where can you get the best set up for the cheapest price.

All suggestions are welcome - but keep in mind we definitely want to stay on property, and we are planning for Spring Break next year.

Thanks ahead of time.
    I would say price it both ways...two connecting rooms or family suite at ASM. This would be a comfortable solution for all of you. Remember, two rooms will also give you two bathrooms, and that's a plus.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The school schedule has come out for 2008-09, so I now know my dates. The 3 of us will be traveling from the April the 4th, 2009, which is a Saturday. I would like to return the following Saturday, which would give us one of our longest Disney vacations. Kathy's employer has a good deal on a 7 day parkhopper. I am not sure if the price is any different than what is shown on the official website. I have been comparing ticket prices, and hers does seem to be a bit cheaper.

Now I am leaning toward booking 2 connecting rooms at POP Century.

Yesterday, I went to my bank, and I inquired about their Rewards program on their Bank Visa Card. They have a good program where I can earn points, that are good for travel and hotel rooms of my choosing. Hopefully I can use some of these points to keep my costs down.

I have gone on a lot of Disney vacations. It will be challenging to figure out ways to save a little money on this one.

• Pilot EdForceOne

use the allears ticket comparison page for the down and dirty on actual ticket costs. Great way to compare between the various methods.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have bought a lot of tickets for the many times that I have visited Disney World. 7 day tickets cost just a little more than the 5 and 6 day ones. I was leaning toward those without parkhopping until Kathy showed me the tickets her employer is offering. Once I get the actual total from her, I will be able to see if I am actually saving any money by buying from them.

It gets confusing, because some sources show their prices without tax and shipping, and some include it.

7 day parkhopper on the official website is about $284

I only saw Kathy's price briefly, and it was lower. However, did it include postage, and tax? Not sure.

I usually have my tickets mailed in the regular mail, and that's a $3.00 charge, which I have included above.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 05-31-2008 at 11:09 AM.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Do you know any DVC member that rent out there points ?
    Sound like you need a Two bed room DVC resort.

DVC March one week 350 and most member rental points at $10.00 points, leave on 8 day.

this is the high end

old key west 296 point
    Last edited by akfandisney; 05-31-2008 at 09:12 PM.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am looking to keep my costs down to a minimum. I am not sure that renting points would do that.

I have stayed at most of the deluxe hotels. We never minded sharing beds before. I have spent a lot on hotel rooms before. Even if I rent two rooms this time, it will still be cheaper than I have paid in the past.

I am looking for comfort, and we have always wanted to try out all of the different types of Disney Resorts. So this will be our value trip. I am sure that I will be paying a lot more money this time on our flight.

• Minion

ORDDU: Hmmm....this entire question reminds me of a long standing dream of mine; a vision of what it would be like for 3 adults--one of them being yours truly--with two gorgeous hunks as my room mates in a hotel. My first choices would be Tarzan and Gaston. Can't you just imagine the sort of room service those two could give a witch???

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Hmmm....this entire question reminds me of a long standing dream of mine; a vision of what it would be like for 3 adults--one of them being yours truly--with two gorgeous hunks as my room mates in a hotel. My first choices would be Tarzan and Gaston. Can't you just imagine the sort of room service those two could give a witch???
    Now ya done it, this thread's headed for the litterbox...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Hurry Baaaaaaaack!

My family consists of myself (20), my brother (6ft tall and 15), my preteen sister, my mom and my dad...so I know what it's like to have a tall boy who can't share a bed with his mom (or, in our case, sisters) anymore! We always stay at Port Orleans Riverside and request a trundle bed. My dad and my brother alternate nights in the trundle. It's really pretty comfy although my brothers legs do hang off it a bit.

I'd say a moderate resort, a trundle bed, and some understanding is the way to go

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Closed at request of OP.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123