Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• back to WDW in January

Re: How Long Would You, Could You, Have You've Stayed At Walt Disney World? 10 Days I

15 days, 14 nights split between the Beach Club Villas and The Swan. It was the best trip ever and I wish it could have been longer.

• Seasick

Re: How Long Would You, Could You, Have You've Stayed At Walt Disney World? 10 Days I

I stayed 14 nights in 2006. This was my first trip since 1993 so I certainly treated it as a once-in-a-lifetime type of vacation.

This was a good length for me. Allowed plenty of time to visit Universal, SeaWorld, & NASA. I never felt rushed. I had the free dining plan and could enjoy each meal, without feeling rushed to get back to the parks. I had time to do each park multiple times and felt relaxed.

Still only made it to one of the two water parks though.

I think I could have handled a little longer.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

It's only been for a few days at a time. When I was a kid, we had a camper and stayed at a campground off-property. I've been visiting WDW for 30 years and I never stayed on property until last year.

• Queen of Randomness

I've only been once this past January. We stayed for five days with two days flighing. I didn't know it was so come to stay for so long. It would have been nice to stay longer so I could have visited the other hotels and what not on property. We basically went to the parks and Downtown.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• Rear Window=Best Movie

My record is 6 days. After that I was tired!

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

I did two weeks last year for the POTC Adventure on the Seven Seas event, and then the next week was Gay Days. It was awesome, and it really felt like two trips. The first part was for the event so I stayed on property (DWL) as part of the event. The friend that was with me had to go home after the event, but I stayed over for the week of Gay Days. I moved off property to my "regular" place (Hilton Grand Vacations Club) and met up the next weekend with MiceChatters for GayDays. It was great!

I could go for another long stay, but I end up going to Orlando often, so now I don't really feel the need for really long stays. Although I still end up staying for a week at a time usually anyways!
    Last edited by DOOM BGI; 05-20-2008 at 03:28 PM.
    --Jonathan

• Queen of Randomness

Quote Originally Posted by WDWImagineer View Post
    My record is 6 days. After that I was tired!
    That's a good point. After two days I could barely walk. Who knows what 2 weeks would do.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• Defying gravity

We stayed 12 nights at Saratoga Springs last year. We also went to Vero Beach for three nights in between, for a total of 15 nights vacation. We loved it - going to VB made us miss WDW! We are DVC members, so you stay on points, rather than cash a night. It's a great way to enjoy longer vacations and not worry about the cost of adding on an extra night.

• Dave

Blog Entries

I know this thread is about WDW, but at DL we find 3 day is pedrfect.
    Dave

• Pixiedust?

The most we've done is 6 days, because we drove up from Coral Springs and then had the whole day at Disney World plus another 5, then we left. But in 2009, we're planning on going for 2 weeks in September.

I'm so excited.

.. a dream is a wish your heart makes

• Sailing Away

The longest I've stayed is 7 days, but I would love to stay closer to 2 weeks.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

We stayed 17 days one year. Yeah a bit too long but it was nice and relaxing LOL!

• Banned User

We stayed at All Star Music for ten days, but spent two of those days at Universal. We were at the parks every day and never even went to Downtown Disney, although we kept meaning to go there. We were pretty burnt out at the end of it, but it was a great trip. I'd like to go for two weeks next time, and also do Sea World and Kennedy Space Center.

By the way, are there bus trips from Orlando to Kennedy? It seems too far to go by taxi.

• Disneyholic

My record on site is 14 days, which was awesome! Record for longest trip down in the area with frequent park visits was for 2 months when I was working a project down there and living at the parks on the weekends and evenings back in the early 90's...

Next trip is for 10 days, we prefer the longer stays because you can afford time to relax at the resort and not feel rushed.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Pilot EdForceOne

7 days is still commando and pick your favorites. There is little room to do lots of repeats or take the slow pace. I think what people often forget to do is when they go longer.. is slow it down. They go at their 7 day pace and by 10-12 days they are wiped out.

What I'd love to do is a longer one.. say 14 days.. but have my parents there for just a portion of it. Say 5-7 days.. that way they can go off with the kids for awhile and let us go off on our own.. but at a more leasuirly pace.

On a 7 day trip you never really get to just lounge by the pool.. or read a book.. etc. Plus, if you add any other parts of Orlando you really get cramped. Maybe even 18 days would be good if you added Uni in.

But alas it will be ages before I go on any extended vacation for awhile.. unless I get that woman of mine a job and she starts making some serious dough
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast