Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking How Long Would You, Could You, Have You've Stayed At Walt Disney World? 10 Days Is...

10 day trip is my record so far. I'd love to stay a month there but hotel hop but I just don't have the money for that kind of trip.

But honestly, after 10 days I was ready to go home. But after spending one day back home I wanted to go back to WDW and spend another 10 days, I guess all I need is one day of "home" before returning to the parks for a longer stay.

Maybe in the future I can do this... one day.

So... How Long Would You, Could You, Have You've Stayed At Walt Disney World?
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: How Long Would You, Could You, Have You've Stayed At Walt Disney World? 10 Days I

We did an 8 day trip I think it was. 8 nights, because I was at CBR for 6 nights, and then 2 night at the Grand Floridian. I could live there. That would be fine with me. I wouldn't get tired. I'd miss my family, though, since I usually leave most of them behind.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Re: How Long Would You, Could You, Have You've Stayed At Walt Disney World? 10 Days I

I think the longest I've done was 14 days. I absolutely loved it. I don't think we did any full park days which was awesome. We'd go in the mornings some days, the afternoons some days, and evenings other days. The rest of the day we'd either sleep in, golf, sightsee, hang out in the campground (where we stayed), go to Celebration, resort hop, etc... We've been to the parks so many years, we don't have to every single attraction anymore. This formula works best for us now. We have so much more fun and everyone is more relaxed and less annoyed by the "run run run" attitude most people have.
    -Tim

I've stayed as long as 12 nights on property, but even then, I left and did other things.

• making magic is fun!

We did 13 days at the GF last summer. It was wonderful and we had days were I just did a cabana and then hung out at the lounge.
    Kelly

• Little Miss Sunshine

I am local, but I did 11 nights last year at the Pop Century on the free dine plan. And in the past (when I was a teenager), my family stayed up to 10 nights at the Polynesian each year.

I actually stayed on property 19 nights last year. 11 Pop, 4 Fort Wilderness, and then 4 more (a 4 night, 3 resort stay with a friend going to some Disney meets). That is unusual for me, though I have done 5 or 6 so far at FW this year.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

As a kid we did a standard 2 week vacation. Now though, since I live in the state my longest time is a 4 day extended weekend.

Although I say I'm always there, with going 1-2 times a month it's almost like I never leave. LOL

• Me and Tommy Kirk

I did 10 days on my honeymoon, which didn't seem long enough. After we had our first daughter though, we went back for 10 days and it seemed way too long. We usually go for 8 days now, which seems perfect.

• On A Disney World Tour...

11 nights with 10 day full days is my record ! And we could'nt even do the mini golfs, or enjoy a full day at a water park. Could have easily stayed longer, but with a renting a car and venturing off property !
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

• Disappearing/Reappearing

10 days. And it almost killed us. We were SOOOOO tired after that. I think 7 days is perfect for us.

• World Traveler

Gosh, we live about three hours away from WDW and I don't think we've ever stayed more than 4 nights at most. I've always envied you all that could stay a week or more. I don't think I could handle more than a week though.

• Circle of Ancients

The last time I was there it was back in 2005-2006 and it was for 7 days and 6 nights. We added an additional 3 more days of vacation while we were there.Which brought us to 10 days total. I probably could have easily done another 4 more days. I couldn't get enough of WDW there is so much to see and do.

• Back to WDW soon!!!!!!!!!

We will be staying for 16 nights in December which will be the longest we've stayed, we have stayed for 7 and 14 nights in the past but because we won't be able to go next year we decided to stay a bit longer this time. It will be very tiring but worth it!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

^ Just pace yourself and enjoy some things outside the parks. Pacing is key! LOL

• Why can't you tune a fish

We usualy go for a week. Any shorter is not worth the airfare. Any longer and when I get back it takes me a week just to recover from the avalanche of *stuff* that piles up at work while I am gone.

If I am in the Orlando area for work, I will extend my trip and take 2 or 3 days for myself, but in those cases I am not paying for airfare.

We have AP's so when the kids and I do a week at a time, it a matter of making it worth the airfare and AP. Shorter trips just don't make sense (and thats nice )

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast