Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm A

What Funny Things Have You Heard In the Parks From Guests?

Okay so I guess that them [Link to unauthorized site removed]s are doing the same kind of thing. I'll go first.

I was standing in line at Soarin' and I heard a guy call Test Track Fast Track and The Race Track within five minutes of each other. I got a little chuckle out of that.
    Visit

Click the Banner

• Mostly Harmless.

Re: What Funny Things Have You Heard In the Parks From Guests?

I've honestly thought of bringing a notebook and writing down all the things I hear....
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Quality not quantity

It was at Disneyland not world, but some guy was truly pissed off at me. In the Indy queue I had the nerve to pull on the rope that was clearly marked "Danger DO NOT PULL!". I sure he thought the screams were real too. Doh!
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

I heard a guest at Magic Kingdom tell his kids that there used to be a lot smaller castle at the end of Main Street, but it was knocked over accidentally, so they built Cinderella's castle instead.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I was in the "Voyage of the Little Mermaid Show" at DHS in 2004, when the woman in front of me started yelling at the performers, and tried to give Ariel life advice.

"Oh don't you fall for that pretty face, you know he's just going to leave you..."

It was hillarious, a CM came over after about 10 mins, and asked her to be quite. To this day, that was the best version of Voyage of the Little Mermaid I have ever seen!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt View Post
    I heard a guest at Magic Kingdom tell his kids that there used to be a lot smaller castle at the end of Main Street, but it was knocked over accidentally, so they built Cinderella's castle instead.
    Ok, OK, So I called the castle at Disneyland "Cinderella's" castle ONCE. In front of multiple Mouse Adventure master class winners. But you made up the part about the smaller castle....
    Last edited by Moonliner; 05-21-2008 at 06:02 AM.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

ROFL WHAT?

I did hear a man say once that Disney added a few stories (height) to Splash Mountian. Because the drop was 'so much taller than when he was here last time'
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• MiceAge Columnist

"The third one burned down, fell over, and THEN sank into the swamp... but the fourth one STAYED UP!"

(a little Python humor to start your day)
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee View Post
    "The third one burned down, fell over, and THEN sank into the swamp... but the fourth one STAYED UP!"

(a little Python humor to start your day)

Well Cinderella does have huge ......... tracts of land

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• We'll hold them at bay

The best one I ever heard was not at Disney but while I was working at the Brox Zoo. There is a statue of a Rhinocerous. A child asked his father "Whats that?" and the father reading the inscription said "its a rhino-saurus"
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

When guests ask me what the cable leading from the top spire to Tomorrowland is for I tell them that since Disney World was built on what used to be a swamp, the castle started tilting backwards toward Fantasyland. The cable is used to keep it from falling backwards and to hold it up straight.

After seeing Cinderella Castle for the first time, a few Disneylanders from California were awed by it's size. After a awhile of admiring the grand scale of the the castle, they said "Our castle is not small....it's charming"

• Captain EO! :D

I think I've said this before, but it's my favorite thing I've ever heard a guest say.

I was in Epcot, near Spaceship Earth, and I overheard a group of people talking, and one man said, "I CANNOT believe they torn down that beautiful castle and put up that stupid ball!"

I thought maybe he was joking, so I looked, and he was DEAD serious.
    ----------------------------------------

Jennifer

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

As a [Link to unauthorized site removed], I've been known to ask a CM while visiting MK at WDW, "Where's the Matterhorn?" just to see what there reaction is. To my disappointment they have all told me very nicely that its only in Disneyland. (I know I can be so naughty!)

But this isn't limited to WDW. At the DLR, sometimes I walk up to a CM with a Knott's Berry Farm map in my hands and I ask, "Can you help me find the Calico Mine Ride?". They usually point to it on the map and then tell me I have to drive north for another few miles to get there!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by LucyintheSky View Post
    I think I've said this before, but it's my favorite thing I've ever heard a guest say.

I was in Epcot, near Spaceship Earth, and I overheard a group of people talking, and one man said, "I CANNOT believe they torn down that beautiful castle and put up that stupid ball!"

I thought maybe he was joking, so I looked, and he was DEAD serious.
    No freaking way! Now that's taking Disney ignorance (Hey, a new word? Disignorance?) to a new level!

• Captain EO! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha View Post
    No freaking way! Now that's taking Disney ignorance (Hey, a new word? Disignorance?) to a new level!

Ha! That's good. Sometimes when I tell people that story they don't believe me, but it honestly happened. I kept listening, to make sure they weren't joking around, but he kept going on and on about it, and the rest of his group was saying things like, "I know, I know, you're right."
    ----------------------------------------

Jennifer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast