Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Why Certain Characters are a 'No Show'

ORWEN: Hello all you sweet little character loving ducklings out there! Us Cauldron girls have an update for anybody who wants to know why certain characters at Walt Disney World aren't anywhere to be found. And since somebody recently asked about Giselle from ENCHANTED, we'll start with her.

ORDDU: Just yesterday--while swooping down into the Disney Hollywood Studios--we inquired about the status of Giselle because we had been told--a while back--that the character department was at work on the prospect of having her out for meetings and greetings.

ORWEN: But yesterday we were told that they decided to NOT have Giselle out in any of the parks for meetings and greetings because the pretty white wedding gown--which they believe to be her 'signature' outfit from the movie--is just too expensive to maintain and to keep re-making all the time. So, for all of us Giselle fans, it's a big let down to have to know she'll be a 'no show' from now on--except maybe for special events and parades.

ORDDU: Then there's the situation with Remy from RATATOUILLE. We were told that he won't be making any more appearances at Disney Hollywood Studios either. Instead he MIGHT turn up at Epcot in the French section of World Showcase. At least it's being CONSIDERED that he will do meetings and greetings over there at the French Restaurant. But please don't hold our broomsticks to the fire over this report because it hasn't been verified, for certain, that this is going to happen.

ORWEN: Anyway, we just thought some of you would be interested to know what we were told.

ORGOCH: Hmmmm...so they's really thinkin' a lettin' the rat take a home over at Epcot, eh? Guess that oughtta make Marie from 'Arrest the Cats' mighty happy. She'll have somethin' ta chase all over the place, if'n that's the case, an' if'n she fin'ly catches up ta ol' Remy he'll end up bein' a 'no show' all over agin!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Why Certain Characters are a 'No Show'

Well, I'm glad I got my photo with Remy last summer then!

• Yes?

Interesting info ladies.....I have no problem with them moving Ratatouille characters to France in EPCOT but not into the restaurant. Put them in that back area where all the other "french" characters are. I luckily got pictures of them when they were at DHS. As far as Giselle is concerned, I don't really care. She never made a big impact with me anyway. But they could use the blue floral dress she made out of those curtains ala Scarlet O'Hara. I think people remember that dress more because she was wearing it in the big Central Park musical number.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Hmmm.....ya know, when I think of Giselle, the first outfit that pops into my mind is the dress she made out of the drapes. That one looks fairly easy to make and maintain. Besides, if they had her in the wedding dress......who'd ever get close enough for a picture? The dress couldn't even fit through a door!

I'm pretty sure if Giselle wore hee "drape dress", nobody would really recognize her. I remember being near Belle one day a few years ago, and absolutely nobody knew who she was. The problem? She was wearing her peasant dress.

If it's not big, poofy and Princess-y, not too many people will recognize the character, sadly.

• Main Street with a friend

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Then there's the situation with Remy from RATATOUILLE. We were told that he won't be making any more appearances at Disney Hollywood Studios either. Instead he MIGHT turn up at Epcot in the French section of World Showcase. At least it's being CONSIDERED that he will do meetings and greetings over there at the French Restaurant. But please don't hold our broomsticks to the fire over this report because it hasn't been verified, for certain, that this is going to happen.
    I was sad to hear this because I never had the chance to get a picture with Remy. I asked about Remy while I was at DHS, too, and got the same response.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
    I'm pretty sure if Giselle wore hee "drape dress", nobody would really recognize her. I remember being near Belle one day a few years ago, and absolutely nobody knew who she was. The problem? She was wearing her peasant dress.

If it's not big, poofy and Princess-y, not too many people will recognize the character, sadly.
    hmmm, you might be right. I prefer their normal wear to the big poofy dresses. But, that could be just me. I'm sure lots of little girls would be sad to see a princess without her "princess dress".

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post

The only meet and greet Belle we have at WDW is the one in the peasant dress. The big poofy gold one is only seen in parades, shows and at special events like the Pirate and Princess party. I always thought that was kind of strange.
    am I the burrito man?

why don't you ever see Cinderella in her peasant dress?

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    The only meet and greet Belle we have at WDW is the one in the peasant dress. The big poofy gold one is only seen in parades, shows and at special events like the Pirate and Princess party. I always thought that was kind of strange.
    This was a few years ago at DL in CA. When the Princesses were able to wander around the castle. It was a colder day, which allowed Belle to wear her warmer wear. She was also without the Beast, so there were a lot of "Hey look! It's Alice!" and "Who is that?" reactions.

I've met Belle several times in the park in her gold dress. Judge's Tent at ToonTown if memory serves correctly.

Generally in CA, Belle only wears the gold dress except when she's outside of PFF or Ariel's and it's a very cold day, or when she's visiting at at Goofy's Kitchen.

I wonder what happened to Sora?
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Minion

ORWEN: Sora? Isn't she from Atlantis? I haven't seen her in years!! For some reason, some of these latter day characters come and go too quickly and then they just fade away. It's a shame, too. As for Belle, she recently started wearing her gold ball gown at the Magic Kingdom in the judge's tent at Mickey's Toon Town. There's no way anybody's gonna' mistake her for Alice now.

• Banned User

Wirches... I apologize but you gals know I am unable to show up all of the time!! But I try... and the last meet, you sat at another table away from me...

• Minion

ORGOCH: Yeah, TDLFAN, yer ONE character never ta go outta style. Course yer costume needs a little work. Gotta keep up with the times, ya know.

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: As for Belle, she recently started wearing her gold ball gown at the Magic Kingdom in the judge's tent at Mickey's Toon Town. There's no way anybody's gonna' mistake her for Alice now.
    Ah....didn't know that. We rarely go back in there unless one of the girls specifically requests to do the meet and greets.....not my favorite thing to do but if they ask, I'll wait in line for it.
    am I the burrito man?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast