Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

New E-Ticket Coming to Magic Kingdom

Hey everyone,

I just read over at the Blue Sky Disney blog about a new E-Ticket that is coming to the Magic Kingdom. One that you'll find very interesting and will fit quite well in the land that it's going in. Land? Or should I say Sea? Hehe. I can't wait!

Check it out!

ImagineerWarrior

ADMIN NOTE: Since the OP didn't tell you what the thread is about, we will fill you in on this much. Blue Sky Disney is reporting that WDW might get the same Little Mermaid attraction that is planned for DCA. If you'd like to read more, please visit our friends at www.blueskydisney.com - Dusty
    Last edited by Dustysage; 05-27-2008 at 06:23 PM.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: New E-Ticket Coming to Magic Kingdom

I agree with Honor. I am quite disappointed.

• Minion

Here is the link:

HTML Code:
    http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2008/05/blue-sky-buzz-orlando-part-of-your.html
    It is going to be a clone of DCA's Little Mermaid attraction.

I was hoping that MK would get a really great E-Ticket like Fire Mountain. I am looking foward to The Little Mermaid ride once it opens at DCA, but does this really need to be cloned, at the cost of another potentially great E-Ticket?

IMO, the MK needs another darker, more thrilling attraction like Big Thunder Mountain and the Haunted Mansion. They need something along the lines of Indiana Jones Adventure. Sure, The Little Mermaid ride will (hopefully) be great for all ages, but the MK does not need another toon attraction. I know toon attractions aren't just for kids, but some people (me included) want something darker, more mysterious, more adventurous, and set in a more believable world.

• MiceAge Columnist

Wow, you mean I have yet another reason to avoid DCA! Yay! (kinda)
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee View Post
    Wow, you mean I have yet another reason to avoid DCA! Yay! (kinda)
    Hey Kevin,

You may be able to avoid it for Mermaid, but you won't for Cars! Haha! That one will be hard for them to duplicate since they already have that test track at Epcot, not to mention the cost it would take to make another Cars Land.

ImagineerWarrior

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Here is the link:

HTML Code:
    http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2008/05/blue-sky-buzz-orlando-part-of-your.html
    It is going to be a clone of DCA's Little Mermaid attraction.

I was hoping that MK would get a really great E-Ticket like Fire Mountain. I am looking foward to The Little Mermaid ride once it opens at DCA, but does this really need to be cloned, at the cost of another potentially great E-Ticket?

IMO, the MK needs another darker, more thrilling attraction like Big Thunder Mountain and the Haunted Mansion. They need something along the lines of Indiana Jones Adventure. Sure, The Little Mermaid ride will (hopefully) be great for all ages, but the MK does not need another toon attraction. I know toon attractions aren't just for kids, but some people (me included) want something darker, more mysterious, more adventurous, and set in a more believable world.
    For the space where this is going, I would say something adventurous is probably out of the question. This rumor is not exactly new, but the word of it actually happening now is what bothers me. The initial rumors were of a delayed opening a few years after the California attraction, giving Disney's California Adventure a few years of more uniqueness. Recent or soon to happen approval sounds like we're looking at another double coast opening.

• Sock Puppet

A The Little Mermaid attraction was better suitable for the MK in the first place, not DCA, where it has nothing to do with the California theme.

Hey, DCA probably won't have anything to do with the California theme when they're through with it.

Maybe they'll call it Walt Disney's California, then it'll reflect the golden State, but from what I've heard it's meant to be the thematic setting and the rides would be reasoned as what has been created in California by Disney. The company and the man. But who knows?

I prefer for them to call it Disney Adventures park or Disney's Adventure park, but no one is asking me.

To be fair the aquatic them to the Pier is reflective of those around the late 1800's up to the first decade of the 20th century. You can find examples of mermaids on piers all throughout the east and west coast if you check out old pics. I've seen a good amount. They weren't Ariel, but it seems they used them for theming around the area along with other oceanic life.

ImagineerWarrior

• Master Gracey's Bane

They should do the ride on the Little Mermaid DVD...then we'd all be happy.
    Do NOT pull down on the safety bar, please...I will lower it for you...

Interesting, if --and I think IF is the key word here -- true.

I do know that Lasseter, Weis and company have been very insistent that DCA's new roster of attractions remain exclusive to the park. Mermaid, in particular, has been mentioned as a 'hands off' deal.

That said, Rasulo (and as a good friend calls them) his band of flying monkeys some how remain in power despite having absolutely no regard for the products they're selling or their audience. It is galling that someonw with the personality to be working as a car dealer in Tulsa (due apologies to said car dealers) remains in charge of the Disney parks and resort empire ... oh, going off on an anti-Rasulo rant. Sorry, reflex action.

My point was it is very possible Honor is correct at this point. That Jay and his Disney Parks: Where Dreams Come True mantra have won out and the WalMarting continues.

It's not like this won't be a great addition, if true. It's not like the MK doesn't even kind of deserve it as it was supposed to get a Mermaid attraction in the early-mid 90s.

It's just that Disney parks aren't McDonald's ... and even McDonald's around the world don't serve up the same roster of menu items (trust me, just ate at one in Ireland!) ... it's a very flawed model to just clone one thing after another.

And Honor is quite right, it's another lesson of the late 90s way of operating that Disney apparently still hasn't learned.

• Progressive Disneylander

I think this is good news for WDW.

Cloning is a necessary evil. It's usually the DL'ers who have the biggest issues with it. Most folks who visit WDW never make it out to DL so this will be the only way they'll ever get to experience The Little Mermaid Ride. Same goes for Midway Mania. As long as it's a good ride, everyone wins.

The only thing that bugs me is that it's been SO long since a significant attraction has been built in MK. Being that it's only the most visited them park in the world, that's pretty rediculous.

Well, you can thank and curse the bean counters for their the ones that approved TLM and also the ones that haven't approved any new rides. If Imagineers had it their way there would have been a lot more rides in MK, but the Executives with the business degrees know better. I don't mind WDW getting a new ride. I hope they get lots more. I just want them to have their own so that there is a different experience at each park. That way each park has a reason for people to visit it.

ImagineerWarrior

Blog Entries

If this does get cloned in WDW, and I'm ok with it coming as I think it would fit great in Fantasyland, I hope it is at least a little different. Maybe a different scene here or there. You know, kind of like DL and WDW have differences in Haunted Mansion and Pirates, enough that I want to go to DL to see those differences. If they're exactly the same though I'm not sure it would make me want to travel over there to see it.

So I can see it from both sides. From someone who wants to visit all the parks one day, I want there to be enough difference in them that I get something very unique at each place. I don't want to ride the exact same ride over and over just in a different city. However I can also see it from Disney's bean counter perspective. I am in the very small minority of their guests. Most of their guests only make it to the MK once or twice in their lifetime, much less to DL, Paris, Hong Kong, and Tokyo. In that aspect it makes sense to spread out development costs across two different parks, especially if 85% of your guests are never going to see the ride in a different park.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WDWizard View Post
    A The Little Mermaid attraction was better suitable for the MK in the first place, not DCA, where it has nothing to do with the California theme.
    I beg to differ. California is neighbors with the Pacific Ocean and what does Ariel live in? The Ocean. TLM is alot more needed in DCA than in MK.

There goes TLM down the drain for being one of a kind and original.

• keep moving forward...

Sounds like a nice new addition, I think the reason MK hasnt had a major attraction added to it in the past several years is because it really hasnt needed one. It really is the most visited park, and they already have a lot of attractions there, how much more space can the magic kingdom have?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast