Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Directly directed

Alice's Wonderland's 1st ever Trip Report and 2nd trip to WDW

For graduation, my parents offered me the choice between a laptop and a trip to Disney World. Now, not to brag or anything but I did college in 3 1/2 years and graduated Magna *** Laude, so I'm pretty smart.

Now the last time I went to Disney World was 6 1/2 years ago. So a lot has changed. We spent our first day at Magic Kingdom.

We got there when the park opened and so got to see Daisy right away

I have jet lag which is why I look dazed. Then Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow! I've never seen them before.

We headed off to tomorrowland first.

Where we rode Stitch's great escape. I liked it better than Alien Encounter but I didn't care for the chili cheese dog burp. Then we ran into Stitch and I got a Stitch hug. (And yes O'nut, it's blurry. I did read your guide to a better TR and I'm sorry. I didn't take it. And I like the picture regardless.)

Then we did Laugh floor and buzz and the people mover or whatever it's called. We had lunch reservations at Tony's so we headed back down Main Street.

Bert was outside of Tony's. No one else was around. It was kinda sad. I don't think anyone knew who he was since Mary Poppin's wasn't around.

Tony's was better 6 1/2 years ago. The pistachio creme brulee was really good though.

Haunted Mansion was next. The sound is simply amazing. When are they doing that for Disneyland? And were the stairs always there?

Swiss Family Robinson was next.

Rafiki and Timon were down at the bottom and off to the side. I don't think I've seen them since I was 9.

These guys were really cool. I'm not sure there significance but they made a drumming sound and spit water. It was fun to watch them hit people that weren't expecting it.

Pirates was next. I like that it's different than disneyland's. I hadn't remembered it being so. Though I miss the talking skull.

On the lookout.

Boat that is not the mark twain.

Thunder Mountain! I didn't remember this being different either.

Then off to Splash Mountain. Is there a blue bird AA on the Disneyland version and I just never noticed it?

We did. This was the first time I've gotten wet before going down the drop. As we passed by another log flume was going down and the water soaked us.
    Wet mom and dad

Wet me.

To dry off we walked around and decided to go on Small World. I read Kingdom Keepers on the plane and thus felt the urge to smile the entire ride.

Especially around this part.

Then we went on PhilarMagic. It's my new favorite ride.

Disneyland needs one. They could replace HISTA with it. True it wouldn't make sense in Tomorrowland but what is there that does?

We left Magic Kingdom having ridden most of the rides to go explore the hotels.

More to come soon!

•   
    • My liver hurts!

Re: Alice's Wonderland's 1st ever Trip Report and 2nd trip to WDW

Great TR so far....although the stitch pic is blurry I do agree it is ADORABLE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

• making magic is fun!

Love your screen name! Great pictures it looks like you had a great time!
    Kelly

• Too far from Disney World

GREAT trip report so far!!!! Can't wait to see more!!!

I love the pics of you with all the characters! And CONGRATS on graduating!!!! Love your motorboard!!!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

AWESOME TR!

I LOL when you mentioned reading Kingdom Keepers and riding IASW, I totally got the reference.

I also refuse to sit in the front seat of the log for Splash for that very reason you mentioned. I was the butt of many jokes with some fellow MCer's. LOL

Great report! Can't wait to see more!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

great report!!!! LOVE the pictures!!!

That same exact thing happened to us on Splash Mt. We got drenched! My husband actually opens his umbrella around that turn now. haha

• Be Patient I'm Learning!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your pictures with the characters, it makes me so excited to go in Sept. I am impaiently awaiting the rest of your report.....
    Christina

• Directly directed

Onto the resorts. We didn't see any last time.

Polynesian

We walked from the Polynesian over to the Grand Floridian. Proof that there's always a silver lining at Disney World?

Then we made a stop at Franck's. Do you know it's cheaper to get married at DisneyWorld? You can do it for $10,000. Disneyland weddings start at $12,000. And there are more places in the park that you can get married here. But if you get married in the park they cap it off at 8 people. Including the bride and groom and minister. So that leaves 5 people you can invite which seems odd. How do you decide who gets to invite the third person?

We took the monorail back to Magic Kingdom then a boat to Wilderness Lodge. We stayed there last time.

We headed back to our resort. We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter

It was nice. They didn't have a big vegetarian dinner menu so we went over to Riverside for Dinner.

We headed back to Magic Kingdom for SpectroMagic. They got rid of the creepy faced guys! When did that happen?

We walked over to Fantasyland to hit the rides that we hadn't gone on yet. The castle is sooo pretty!

We rode all the fantasyland rides except snow white (since it was blocked off from the fireworks) and then watched the fireworks from behind the castle. I wasn't that impressed. But the cool thing about being behind the castle was that is where the firework caps go. I got caught the first time I picked one up but I kept the second one I found. The bummer is that they're covered in gunpowder and I got it every where. That stuff doesn't come out either. And it was also scary that airport security didn't notice all the gunpowder residue in my purse.

And so ends day one. Day 2 coming up soon!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Wow, those clouds are amazing!

And yah, i'd say you're pretty smart!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Can't get enough!

this is random but i like your mom's necklace.
    congrats on graduating!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• World Traveler

Those were great. Thanks so much for sharing!

• Directly directed

Day 2 dawned bright and clear and hot. It was really only got to like 86 but I'm used to a high of 67 so it was hot.

We headed to the Kilimajaro Safari first thing.
    We didn't see much last time but we saw a lot of animals this time through. Like Black Rhinos.

Hippos!

Elephants!

Can you spot the lioness?

Finding Nemo the Musical was amazing. I expected it to be good but it was really good.

We had lunch at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. This guy was really cool. His staff was hand carved and painted like a zebra. He hit it against the floor when the guests would come in and greet them in Swahili

After lunch we headed to expedition everest.

The Yeti wasn't working. And overall I didn't care for it. The backwards in the dark had a clastraphobic feel to it.

Kali River Rapids was next. We didn't go last time as we visited in December and they were having a cold snap. We rode with a Southern family that included a mom who prayed the whole ride. It was hilarious. Then when the couple next to her got drenched she told them they should have prayed to Jesus to stop them from getting wet.

Maharajah Jungle trek was in order to dry off. I love the bats. They are so cool.

The tigers were just waking up when we got there.

I missed what country they were from but they were interesting to watch regardless.

Tree of Life shot

Last thing we did was see the festival of the Lion King Show. It was better than I thought it would be. The monkey's were pretty cool.

Walking back to the exit I spied a hidden mickey!

Minnie, Donald and Goofy were waiting outside so I stopped for a photo.

Overall Animal Kingdom was better than I remembered. The plants have grown a lot in 6 1/2 years and it looks a lot better. The safari was better this time around, and we got to ride Kali river rapids. Nemo was awesome and I like the Primeval Whirl. I also liked that it wasn't very crowded!

Day 3 coming up!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Kali River Rapids was next. We didn't go last time as we visited in December and they were having a cold snap. We rode with a Southern family that included a mom who prayed the whole ride. It was hilarious. Then when the couple next to her got drenched she told them they should have prayed to Jesus to stop them from getting wet.
    *DIES*

That is hysterical.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Wonderful Trip Report!! A+!

• Disneyholic

Wonderful trip report, thank you for sharing...

Man you are so lucky I wasn't in the raft, I know I would do something ornery and totally inappropriate like say "What? you don't believe in baptisim?" and started all sorts of trouble... To each their own but I can't help to think how much fun it might have been if Aimster was there speaking in tounges and my wisecracks... poor woman would have probably dove out of the raft...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast