Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ridemax?

Ridemax?

I'm at WDW practically every other weekend and I was wondering about this program called Ridemax thats supposed to give you a specific time schedule so that you can hit all the rides you want on a busy day and not want to kill yourself with 40 min + times.

Can anyone tell me about it and if it is worth the money?
    Where hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls...Whenever candle lights flicker, where the air is deathly still...That is the time when ghosts are present

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Ridemax?

Quote Originally Posted by giggling_gargoyles View Post
    I'm at WDW practically every other weekend and I was wondering about this program called Ridemax thats supposed to give you a specific time schedule so that you can hit all the rides you want on a busy day and not want to kill yourself with 40 min + times.

Can anyone tell me about it and if it is worth the money?
    Ridemax does work, but you must follow the schedule to the minute in order for it to work.

If you want to "Do it all" then do it, and it works! It can be pretty exhausting!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Mostly Harmless.

What is this Ridemax you speak of???
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Disneyholic

It's one of those touring planner tools www.ridemax.com like the other touring plans and such I find you really have to be a type A personality who will rigidly stick to the plan down to the second to get the most of it. If your on vacation to relax I would hesitate to recommend any of these tools only because I have personally witnessed the dark side of them, Parent's yelling at kids to move there where 2 minutes behind schedule, etc. (In one case it was borderline child abuse... Pointed it out to a CM who just shook her head and said there was nothing she could do...) That's just not my idea of a nice relaxing vacation, but if you only want to ride all the rides and get out of the park as quickly as possible or are only in the parks for a short time as part of a larger trip then they may have value.

An example from their web page: (I had to clip a image of it, sorry no table formatting in Micechat...)

Now what I do find interesting s that they say some fast passes are now "disconnected" and you can get multiple fast passes back to back as in the example above... Anyone know if that works in WDW as well or just Disneyland Ca?
    Last edited by Jerren; 06-04-2008 at 04:25 PM. Reason: fixed tables
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Ridemax?

In DL Roger Rabbit is disconnected, and Grizzly River Run in DCA. Star Tours may have been, can't recall, and they took out ST FP some year's back. When I went to WDW, none were disconnected like this. To the OP, if you go that often, I don't know if you need this. But it can be useful to get it and play around to get an idea of patterns and such. It's a program that's connected and can be updated to adjust for crowd patterns and such for a set period of time. For WDW, I'd suggest a similar amount of $ be spent subscribing at www.tourguidemike.com to receive a near overload of info. If you take the time to take it all in, which will seem daunting at first, you'll have the knowledge to make the best decisions on the fly.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    Now what I do find interesting s that they say some fast passes are now "disconnected" and you can get multiple fast passes back to back as in the example above... Anyone know if that works in WDW as well or just Disneyland Ca?

The only one I know of is The Malestrom. That is seperate from the rest of the FP system (or at least it used to be)

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Ugh... I could never use something like that. I'm not a megaplanner. I just go with the flow. There's been times I've been to WDW and only went on 2 or 3 rides.

I'm confused. Do you pay for this service? Are the ride times/wait times guaranteed? Or, is this just a "tool" to try and plan what to do? It's not actually sanctioned or anything by Disney, right?
    -Tim

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Ridemax?

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    I'm confused. Do you pay for this service? Are the ride times/wait times guaranteed? Or, is this just a "tool" to try and plan what to do? It's not actually sanctioned or anything by Disney, right?
    It's a program that you download. You have to be connected to the net to use it. Basically you tell it "I'm going this day, arriving this time, and want to experience these attraction", and it will give you a chart like the one above. You can say "we'll take an x hour break at this time", but, when I tried it for DL in 2006, you could not do specific shows, parades, etc. There is a subscription cost. When I did it you could choose 3 or 6 (?) months or a year, and I think the top price was about $20.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Why can't you tune a fish

As was said its a seperate program you pay for, its not connected with Disney.

The wait times are based on historical data and things such as unlinked FP's and wait times are updated via your internet connection. When you use the program it goes back into the servers and gets the latest historical data for the day you are planning for. I assume it also gets things such as which rides are under refurb.

I don't think I would ever use it, but I would like to play with it a bit, just to see how wait times on certain attraction fluctuate throughout the day. Of course I have no idea how robust or extensive its "historical data" is.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

It sounds like a gimmick to me. There's absolutely no way the itinerary can plan for breakdowns or weather.
    -Tim

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

It sounds like a gimmick to me. There's absolutely no way the itinerary can plan for breakdowns or weather.
    It is more often right than wrong. It is kind of eerie how that is.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

So you've personally used this "service" and can vouch for its success? Have you also seen it fail miserably? Or have all of your experiences been good ones? I mean, if people say it works 90% of the time, even I'd try it once. I am skeptical from just reading the info on their website though. But hey, I'm open to new things.
    -Tim

• no flash photography...

I tried the one for DL and it worked great.

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

OMG Brad...I got tired just reading it. I cannot imagine the stress that would put you under. So much for vacation.....that's a job....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast