Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Ride Plussing: Test Track- WOM

Quote Originally Posted by Sorvian View Post
    It's not the same ride as DINOSAUR. The CTX rovers are EMV's like Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland. However Test Track uses a whole other ride system retooled for use in Journey to the Center of the Earth. But Test Track is not Dinosaur.
    Correct... it is also the same ride system of the failed Rocket Rods.

Overall the ride system does leave somthinng to be desired.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Sorvian View Post
    It's not the same ride as DINOSAUR. The CTX rovers are EMV's like Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland. However Test Track uses a whole other ride system retooled for use in Journey to the Center of the Earth. But Test Track is not Dinosaur.

All I can go with is what I was told. And that is that the motion bases in TT are the same motion bases as in Dinosaur. The ones in Dinosaur have more degrees of freedom, but they are the same ride mechanics. The ones in TT are "locked down" to a horizontal plane, but have the same motion base. The whole point of this being that the test track cars are not "cars"

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    All I can go with is what I was told. And that is that the motion bases in TT are the same motion bases as in Dinosaur. The ones in Dinosaur have more degrees of freedom, but they are the same ride mechanics. The ones in TT are "locked down" to a horizontal plane, but have the same motion base. The whole point of this being that the test track cars are not "cars"

-dave
    Just FWIW... Here is a link to read about the ride vehicle for Indy/Dinosaur http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana...re#The_vehicle

Here is a link to an article on Test Track http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test_Track#The_Ride

It doesn't have nearly the same amount of information, but suffice it to say there are a few similarities between the ride systems.

They both use seat belts, the both have on board audio, the both use an on board electric motor for propulsion.

The Major differences is that the indy vehicles are much larger the have 3 rows of 4 equaling 12 seats per vehicle. Test Track has 2 rows of 3 equaliing 6 seats per vehicle. The EMVs for indy are fitted with hydrolics that make the vehicles very large, and heavy, and high off the ground. Test Track vehicles do have a hydrolic lift system, and is much lighter, and uses additional wheels under the track as an additional safety system for the high speed portions of the ride.

Just FYI. I am not trying to be 'know it all' or anything just think it is fun to know and fun to share.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Why can't you tune a fish

^

That sounds about right.

The way it was explained to me is that there is a "motion base" that additional features can be built upon. If you decide to add additional hydraulics and key them into the ride computer, then it can be done, or if you wish you can leave those features off.

Its like a "dinner plate" that moves around the track. Then the designers decide what sort of "food" to put on the plate. Of course it the food is more compact and sturdy, as opposed to wobbly and moving, then the dinner plate can move faster.

Makes sense to me, of course what I was told could be wrong as well. But given the history of reusing ride technology, it made sense to me.

I too enjoy the "howwhatwhy" of the attractions.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    And TDS' Journey is not Test Track-boring.
    That's an understatement. TDS' Journey is one of the best rides Disney has ever done.

The original poster's basic attraction idea - a slow-then-high speed ride through various moments depicting transportation history (wagons, trains, automobiles, aircraft, future, etc.) not only pays homage to the original attraction, but sounds vastly more exciting, fun, imaginative and lasting than what the professionals (imagineers) came up with when GM asked them to revamp the pavilion ("They showed us their auto-testing facilities and we said, wow, we should reproduce the excitement of this!"). If only Disney had taken the poster's approach.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12