Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Fast Pass at WDW

Quote Originally Posted by Duck44 View Post
    You are repeating yourself. My question again is: Is there anything in the Disney handbooks stating that guests are NOT allowed to get another FP?
    Since you must've missed my earlier reply, here ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    What does the FastPass machine spit out at you if you attempt to get another FastPass before the time printed on your ticket (if you're using a linked machine)?

Oh, that's right, it prints out an error message that says, "you are not permitted to receive another FastPass until x:xx". I don't think it could be any more black and white than that. Clearly they only want you to have one FastPass until the time printed on your ticket says you can get a second...or third.
    -Tim

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

The "FastPass is unfair to the casual guest" argument is IMHO not much of an argument. Disneyland in general is more accessible to the experienced guest. Even without FastPass an experienced guest can quickly formulate an itinerary that requires less walking, less time in line and more rides in a given amount of time. The experienced guest can usually get from point a to point b in less time because they know alternate routes and the lesser used paths.

Disneyland as a whole is a park that is in that sense more friendly to the more frequent visitor, and FastPass is just an extension of that aspect of the park and its systems. To call understanding and exploiting the fullness of the system "gaming" is a bit harsh.

The wise guest will use FastPass in a manner that enhances the experience they wish to have, if you think FastPass is unfair I applaud your non-use of they system, it makes my use even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

•   
    • Kerplookee

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    Since you must've missed my earlier reply, here ya go.
    so your answer is no.

I applaud your arguement. Clearly there is no correct answer and its up to the guest to decide whats right or wrong. Thankfully, Disney operations are not law.
    If it is wrong, then why am I holding two tickets?
    If it is right, thanks for the two tickets.

Maybe we need FP police?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

•   
    • Senior Minion

so your answer is no.

I applaud your arguement. Clearly there is no correct answer and its up to the guest to decide whats right or wrong. Thankfully, Disney operations are not law.
    If it is wrong, then why am I holding two tickets?
    If it is right, thanks for the two tickets.

Maybe we need FP police?

That brings up a good point...what does happen when you are an FP violator???

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

About the time...on the back it says "Cannot accept early arrivals." It says nothing about LATE arrivals. Never hurts to ask, and if someone asks, more than likely they will be let through.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    About the time...on the back it says "Cannot accept early arrivals." It says nothing about LATE arrivals. Never hurts to ask, and if someone asks, more than likely they will be let through.
    It has been my experience that it is better not to ask, it justs gives them an opportunity to think and say no. I have never been denied late entry in the hundreds of times I have done it. Disneyland operations is a bureaucracy, asking for permission from a bureaucracy in my experience just gives them a chance to say no.

•   
    • Kerplookee

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    It has been my experience that it is better not to ask, it justs gives them an opportunity to think and say no. I have never been denied late entry in the hundreds of times I have done it. Disneyland operations is a bureaucracy, asking for permission from a bureaucracy in my experience just gives them a chance to say no.
    you, sir, are a top notch gamer.

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    What would happen if they did not enforce early arrivals? Chaos. It would totally negate the entire premise of the fastpass.

What would happen if they did not enforce late arrivals: Experience says not much. The system works and people that were delayed for whatever reason (including just visiting other attractions) are given a chance to enjoy the attraction. Hardly the capital offense some would make it out to be.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

you, sir, are a top notch gamer.
    He's a playa and some be hatin a playa.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    The "FastPass is unfair to the casual guest" argument is IMHO not much of an argument. Disneyland in general is more accessible to the experienced guest. Even without FastPass an experienced guest can quickly formulate an itinerary that requires less walking, less time in line and more rides in a given amount of time. The experienced guest can usually get from point a to point b in less time because they know alternate routes and the lesser used paths.

Disneyland as a whole is a park that is in that sense more friendly to the more frequent visitor, and FastPass is just an extension of that aspect of the park and its systems. To call understanding and exploiting the fullness of the system "gaming" is a bit harsh.

The wise guest will use FastPass in a manner that enhances the experience they wish to have, if you think FastPass is unfair I applaud your non-use of they system, it makes my use even better.
    Great words MC. I'll second that.

Now if you really want to game the system beyond the rules and exploit the good nature of Disney here is how it is done.

Background: On occasion an admission ticket does not enter the system correctly when you enter the gate. When that admission ticket is used at a fastpass machine you get a FP that states something along the lines that the admission ticket you presented is not in the system as having entered the park. When you take that ticket to the attendant and show them your entry ticket they will verify that that message comes out they will give you a substitute pass that can be used that day at the FP machines following the regular rules.

I first discovered this early in the FP history when we were trying to understand the limits and capabilities of the system. We were unsure if the system between the two parks were tied together or if the system knew if you were in the park. When the unentered admission ticket gave us the above mentioned results we were ready to conclude this portion of our experience, but a sharp eyed attendant saw what occurred and promptly offered the substitute FP card.

The exploitation(s):

First if this happens to you you you can then go to another FP location and collect another substitute card. You now have the ability to get two FP instead of one. You can continue that as long as you want and collect as many extra FP as you so desire.

The second way is if you are with a group and some people are not going to enter the park that day or not until later. This gives you the opportunity to get not only one FP substitute but as many substitutes as you have unentered admission passes. And you can further the exploitation as described in the first instance above collecting untold number of FP substitutes that are good for the entire day.

(BTW I in no way condone this exploitation; I present it only for the purposes of discussion.)

•   
    • Senior Minion

^ I never knew that. Good to know...

•   
    • Kerplookee

Fascinating. Thanks for the tip MC.

The part of FP that was hard to discover was the fact that some machines were not tied into the full system. It really threw off our understanding of the system until a helpful CM explained that GRR was not tied into the main system. Then it was a simple matter of looking for the other attractions that were not tied into the system. As of last month Roger Rabbit and GRR are not tied into the main system.

Fascinating. Thanks for the tip MC.
    Remember I an not advocating a wholesale exploitation of this, I am just explaining part of the system.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast