Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Fast Pass at WDW

Me and the wife are going to WDW for the first time in Oct. (Our 10th wedding annivsary, we honeymooned at DL) and we have been AP's with DL for many years, but we have wondered one question: Do the Fastpass system work the same way as DL and what is the best way to get the best use out of it?

Re: Fast Pass at WDW

The only difference I know of is the way you insert your ticket. I found the ones at DL to be quite confusing and finicky to get to work. At WDW, you put your park ticket in the machines in ANY direction (barcode left, barcode right, upside down, etc...), it sucks it into the machine, then spits it back out. Your FastPass comes out below. Otherwise, they work the same.

I believe more of the machines in Florida are "tied in" than in Cali, but I could be wrong.
    -Tim

• World Traveler

Fast passes do pretty much work the same was at WDW, than at DL. You put your ticket into the machine, and out comes a paper with your return time.

If I remember correctly, the machines in DL don't actually "eat" your ticket though. I remember having to put it in a certain direction, holding it there until a light came on and then removing it manually. As a first time guest (to DL), it was a royal PITA.
    -Tim

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    If I remember correctly, the machines in DL don't actually "eat" your ticket though. I remember having to put it in a certain direction, holding it there until a light came on and then removing it manually. As a first time guest (to DL), it was a royal PITA.

I don't know how many people I've helped over the years with that (for everybody going to DL, it's barcode up and to the right) and we've been so many times that we understand how to use the system to plan our days and have helped others (mostly families with kids) to use the system more effectively to make better use of their time. I was just curious to see how "tied" together the parks were....

• Quality not quantity

How flexible are the WDW parks on return time?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• RCMC BlackSmith

They work the same as far as I know.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by #1Goofy View Post
    I don't know how many people I've helped over the years with that (for everybody going to DL, it's barcode up and to the right) and we've been so many times that we understand how to use the system to plan our days and have helped others (mostly families with kids) to use the system more effectively to make better use of their time. I was just curious to see how "tied" together the parks were....
    Each park at wdw is separate just as Disneyland and DCA are. WDW is in the process of converting to a new type of fastpass which includes a machine readable bar code. There has been some innuendo that during the switch to the new type there might perhaps be a window where they are essentially non-networked. Probably not true but I'll still test things when I am there next week just in case...
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by #1Goofy View Post
    I don't know how many people I've helped over the years with that (for everybody going to DL, it's barcode up and to the right)....
    For a system as advanced as FastPass, making the guest put a ticket in a machine in only ONE direction is a huge design flaw. Luckily we went at a slow time or the FastPass process would've been a huge annoyance. The first time I tried to get my ticket I was all nervous and freaked out that it was taking me so long.

If all the FastPass machines in Florida and all the turnstiles (WDW) can accept tickets in any direction, why can't the machines in Cali do the same thing?
    -Tim

• Circle of Ancients

It took me about 3 days to get used to the way the WDW machines work on our first trip, and I actually left one of our tickets in the machine and had to get it replaced our first day.

WDW: Like a regular bank ATM. Your pass get's inserted into the machine, the machine takes your machine and dispenses your pass and card out of the slot.

DL: Like a gas-pump ATM, you simply insert and then remove your pass and your FP get's spit out.

I actually think the ones at WDW are easier to use.

• I'm A

Are the Fastpasse Machine's Tied in

Are all of the Fastpass machines tied in resort wide or is it a park by park basis. So could I get a fastpass for ToT within my limit for Soarin'?
    Visit

Click the Banner

• back to WDW in January

Re: Are the Fastpasse Machine's Tied in

park by park

• I'm A

Thanks.
    Visit

Click the Banner

• Mostly Harmless.

Are the Soarin Fast Passes that long these days???
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Attn. Space Travelers....

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    How flexible are the WDW parks on return time?
    ummm....at Magic Kingdom we accept no early arrivals (maybe by a few minutes depending on the CM). We will let you use a late fastpass though...as long as it is from that actual day. The other park generally operate by the sme guidelines....

Be careful of the Space Mountain fastpass machines....they WILL act up on you....its ot your fault...dont worry...theyre old and decrepit (theyre the old Haunted Mansion ones)
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast