Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Smoking at Disney World

So I THINK I remember hearing that there was no smoking at Disney World. Is this true? What about an Employee smoking area? For those who remember my thread about the smoking sections at Disneyland may be wondering why I am asking, and well since I made that post I actually have started smoking. HYPOCRITE! and DUMASS, I know. And since I interviewed for the College Program, this is something I would like to know. If they don't no skin off my back, I could quit smoking, or I could just go to Snus, either way whatever.
    Last edited by DarthDucky; 06-17-2008 at 12:26 PM.

• Confused One

Re: Smoking at Disney World

You can smoke at disneyworld. You are suppose to smoke in designated areas. But no one does. And cast members don't care.

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Viking16 View Post
    You can smoke at disneyworld. You are suppose to smoke in designated areas. But no one does. And cast members don't care.
    That sucks, as a smoker, I respect smoking areas, and those who do not.

I am very amused, at my school our smoking area, is across the street from a cigar store, that allows smoking inside the store, but they have a problem with us smoking so close to the strore. I think it's because people will try to bum smokes off of us, instead of buying their own.

• Progressive Disneylander

Then apparently Disney needs to be made aware that their rule enforcement / guest safety is not up to snuff. If I saw it happening, I'd gladly inform them.

In my many many many recent trips to WDW, I can honestly say I've never seen anyone smoking outside of the designated areas and that has ALWAYS impressed me. Now, when I go to a Cedar Fair or Six Flags park, that's a totally different story. But, Disney's guests have always obeyed this rule at least in my own experience. I'm sure there are offenders, but I've never seen them.
    -Tim

• RCMC BlackSmith

I dont mind people smoking around me while I'm at the parks, just I get mad when theyre not smoking where theyre suppose to.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

There are designated areas all over Disney, including at the resorts. There is no smoking rooms anymore and no smoking on the balcony of any resort. But they do have special areas where smokers can go.

When I did smoke, (quite 5 years ago), you were allowed to smoke anywhere in the parks. then Disney started putting in the smoking areas. There were/are still many of them. I also have to say that the Cast Members did come up to me when I lit up outside the smoking area. Most of the time, I just forgot and lite my cig. They were very polite and asked me to go to the smoking area. They also showed me where the closes one was.

A side note to quitting. I use the money I would have burned up on cigs to now go to WDW. Lots more fun than smoking

Be good to yourself, quit!!!!

John

• Banned User

Actually I disagree with some of that. Many smoker guests DO obey and go smoke in the dedicated smoking areas. Some do not and most of these offenders based on observation and listening to them talking are european guests, who feel they are owed the freedom, like they do at home. (why do you think DLP is the stinkiest Kingdom on Earth?) I do agree CMs do not have the guts to lay down the law when offenders do smoke freely in most areas of the park, and that is why management fails greatly in their efforts. At TDR, I see CMs advising the few guests who light up to "put it out", and they stay with the guests until they obey. At WDW? No, it does not happen. But I blame management and CMs alike. When you have rules of conduct like "No food from outside allowed" and "Shirts and shoes required at all times inside the park" and NOT one single CM takes the time to request a guest to obey these rules... then the problem becomes bigger and bigger... and management throws the towel. But that is just a lazy attitude in their part and in my book... it is UNexcusable. Sooner or later, we'll have Jackie Collins novels on sale at the Emporium, and Pal Mickey using the word F and C words when refering to guests..

Thumbs down Re: Smoking at Disney World

I just can't believe you'd rather smoke than do the college program... although if you ask many trained experts, I'm sure they would say having a smoking habit is much better in the long run than the CP would be.

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by speedemon View Post
    I just can't believe you'd rather smoke than do the college program... although if you ask many trained experts, I'm sure they would say having a smoking habit is much better in the long run than the CP would be.
    No you got me wrong, if I cannot smoke on the Program, I'll quit. For me it really is a choice, inbetween paychecks when I have little to no cash, I will go several days without a smoke, and feel fine. Will I want a smoke? Yes. Do I feel that I need it? Not at all, life will continue as usual. I was just asking for my knowledge.

Ohhh... makes a little more sense... cool!

• Disney Memory Maker

Onstage there are designated smoking areas and I would say 8 times out of 10 people do smoke there. 1 time out of ten someone will smoke elsewhere, a CM will ask them to move to a smoking area and they will comply. And then 1 time out of ten either the guest will ignore the CM or no CM will tell them to. Backstage it is more of a free-for-all. On the other hand, if saying that there is no smoking will make you quit... there's no smoking at all. There are much better things (especially in orlando) to spend your money on than cigarettes.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    There are much better things (especially in orlando) to spend your money on than cigarettes.
    Like... what things may I ask?

Being a Disney Castmember and a non-smoker I have absolutely no problem informing guests of the designated area smoking policy and the shoes/shirt requirement. In fact if they do not comply I will call security and have them ejected from the park. I have only had to do this twice in the 5 years I have been with Disney, and both times were for smokers. Gebnerally most people comply and apologize for the infraction. Often times I have smokers actually asking where the designated areas are before they light up. In general the vast majority of the smokers are curtious and obey the policy. The ones that usually do not are either European or from New York/New Jersey. Sorry, but the accents just give it away.

Now if we can get the cast members at the entrance to stop the people from bringing coolers into the park, then we'll be fine

I even advise guests of the policies when I am there as a guest aas well.

Smoking areas may soon be disappearing from the parks as they may soon go smoke free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast