Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Little Miss Sunshine

Wilderness Lodge Manager Arrested for Guest Theft (Credit Card)

http://www.local6.com/news/16646307/...orlpn&psp=news

-------
    A manager of a Walt Disney World hotel is charged with stealing from a guest.

Sheriff's deputies in Orange County said Patrick Noze, who works at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, stole a credit card out of a guest's wallet and charged $1,200 in auto repairs.

The owner of the transmission shop told sheriff's deputies that Noze told them he had permission to use the credit card.

Disney has placed Noze on unpaid administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.
    ---------------
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Re: Wilderness Lodge Manager Arrested for Guest Theft (Credit Card)

I'm beginning to think Disney needs to do better background checks on cast members.
    -Tim

• Banned User

Disney can not be responsible for their CM's action after they are employed. Let's face it.. considering the low wages Disney pays and the amount of money CMs have to spend on fuel to drive themselves there 5 days a week, it's no surprise some of them turn to stealing once they realize the harsh realities of their being employed there. Furthermore... this is hypocritical of Disney.. isn't it? I mean.. the amount of money they charge guests for tickets, food , merchandise, parking fees and lodging... and the lower quality they get in return when compared to the other Disney resorts on Earth, every guest should feel like they are being robbed!!!

Interesting news that wouldn't be news if not for the fact the man works for Disney.

Unless this man is the resort's GM, which he isn't, then it really is a non-story. ... Unlike say, what may happen down at Sea World if Busch becomes the victim of a takeover.

Let's face it.. considering the low wages Disney pays and the amount of money CMs have to spend on fuel to drive themselves there 5 days a week, it's no surprise some of them turn to stealing once they realize the harsh realities of their being employed there.
    You can't honestly be advocating people at any job level steal. I mean seriously. No one is forcing anyone to work at Disney. So, if cast members aren't happy with the wages they make, they should find other employment, not resort to crime.
    -Tim

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    Interesting news that wouldn't be news if not for the fact the man works for Disney.

Unless this man is the resort's GM, which he isn't, then it really is a non-story. ... Unlike say, what may happen down at Sea World if Busch becomes the victim of a takeover.
    I think it becomes newsworthy when the guy's a manager... they don't really go into more details about that though so I'm wondering if he really was one. If so, then ya I'll buy it as a news story :P

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    If so, then ya I'll buy it as a news story :P
    I certainly think it is one - including BECAUSE it is at Disney. People need to realize that you need to take precautions anywhere.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• World Traveler

While I don't condone what this person did, I can't imagine how he stole a credit card from the guest - unless he broke into the room or something. I don't know about all of you, but when I go to a hotel, restaurant or store and pay with my credit card, I stand there until I get that card back !!!

I'm sure there is more to this story than what is being reported.

Folks ... whenever you use a credit card ... don't let it out of your sight !!!

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    While I don't condone what this person did, I can't imagine how he stole a credit card from the guest - unless he broke into the room or something. I don't know about all of you, but when I go to a hotel, restaurant or store and pay with my credit card, I stand there until I get that card back !!!

I'm sure there is more to this story than what is being reported.

Folks ... whenever you use a credit card ... don't let it out of your sight !!!

Yeah, thats an interesting one. He didn't steal the account numbers, but he took the physical card. The article did say he took it out of her purse. Maybe she is one of those people with a big ol' mess of in her bag. She gets to the counter as a question or something, and puts her purse on the ledge, it flops open, she gets distracted (maybe drops something), and he lifts the card. Of course a situation such as this almost requires this to be a suituation where the CM is looking for opportunites to take the card, as it has to be done quickly.

Who knows how it happend? Someone took a credit card and tried to use it. Thats hardly breaking news. However the Disney angle does of course serve to remind that noplace is 100% safe, despite all that pixie dust.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Yes?

I don't even keep my credit cards in my purse and I only bring one when I go to WDW. I keep my DL, my cc and important info cards in a small wallet that fits in my pants pocket. That way if someone decides to lift my purse, all they will get is diapers, wipes and kids snacks!
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Who knows how it happend? Someone took a credit card and tried to use it. Thats hardly breaking news. However the Disney angle does of course serve to remind that noplace is 100% safe, despite all that pixie dust.
    Yes, but what I despise, is that the Disney angle is what 'sells' this story. It could happen anywhere else and be a non-issue, but since it involves the Disney company, it's a shocker...
    -Monorail Man

Exactly.

Credit cards are stolen everywhere every second of every day.

Although it isn't a good thing, it isn't exactly news. Adding Disney to anything sensationalizes the story in a way it wouldn't otherwise.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    I'm beginning to think Disney needs to do better background checks on cast members.
    Not going to help if the applicant has yet to be caught.

• Geoff London

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Not going to help if the applicant has yet to be caught.
    Totally agree. I worked with a guy in a bank. He'd been there 20 odd years. Exemplary conduct. Then one day he decides to help himself to $20,000 (10,000). Why did he turn sour? Who knows? And I reiterate what was said above - don't let anyone take your cards out of your sight!
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    You can't honestly be advocating people at any job level steal. I mean seriously. No one is forcing anyone to work at Disney. So, if cast members aren't happy with the wages they make, they should find other employment, not resort to crime.
    I am not advocating anything, but seriously... you can not tell me that there are a few CMs who are not helping themselves to whatever they can get from guests, as I am sure these CMs who get caught and put on the press are the unlucky few who do not get away with it. I know for a fact that Disney does fire at will on a daily basis if your manager suspects that you are helping yourself to the gold. As it should be. But we'll never find out because it is an internal decision that will be kept hush hush..
    Besides... NO CM is there for the money... but the only reason people put up with the bad wages is the BENEFITS!! Gee.. those those people love their main gate pass, retirement and 401Ks... Like a Watercraft CM put it to me recently... "it's a great job floating around the Seven Seas Lagoon all day, but only if you are retired.. You CAN'T live with the wages we are being paid!" God bless the CMs who dare spek their minds.. it's very telling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast