Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

Jungle Cruise Jokes

I understand the need for the sop on jungle cruise to keep the skippers from straying too far into dangerous territory but friday i rode three times with three different skippers and there was only a one or two joke difference between the two. shouldn't they be mixing up the ones they are using instead of going the first joke for each scene?

The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

• We'll hold them at bay

Re: Jungle Cruise Jokes

I know I'm in the minority here, but I feel this ride is getting kind of tired
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Its a two-fold problem.
    One: all the good skippers are leaving, or being "asked" to leave.
    And two: all the new ones coming in don't care. They're not "Skippers" they just work there.
    And with the good Skippers being elsewhere, the newbies don't have good training or role models to mold them into funny Skippers.

• DCA FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    I'm with ya, I've got a AP and out of the last 20 trips or so I haven't felt the need to hop on this ride since the first time I rode it late last year.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• The Voice of the Jungle

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post
    Its a two-fold problem.
    One: all the good skippers are leaving, or being "asked" to leave.
    And two: all the new ones coming in don't care. They're not "Skippers" they just work there.
    And with the good Skippers being elsewhere, the newbies don't have good training or role models to mold them into funny Skippers.
    Most of the skippers there are in the CP, and most of them really shouldn't belong there in the first place. I wasn't CP when I worked there, and I didn't have to audition to get the job, so I would assume that CP's don't audition either, and just be handed the job as well.

I'm not sure who else that I know still works there, but a great majority of us did leave for various reasons. The Jungle has been going downhill fast ever since I got there, and only got worse by the way how the skippers and the attraction was taken care of.

The nail in the coffin for me was when they decided to switch the way the attraction was ran. Instead of having manual rotations, they decided to put us all on the same computer program the rest of the park has been using for years. The reason why Jungle Cruise was an exception to this program was because IT WOULDN"T WORK WELL with our attraction. A couple of the other things that have sent other skippers packing was the demise of our "dock box," lousy pay, or they just found a better position that didn't have as much drama as jungle. Hopefully I'll be able to return one day navigating through the rivers of adventure, and hopefully the jungle will be restored to it's former glory.

I thought it was just me, but I'm noticing a lack of good, different jokes, too! It really seems like everyone sticks t the same script.

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingWicked451 View Post
    I thought it was just me, but I'm noticing a lack of good, different jokes, too! It really seems like everyone sticks t the same script.
    Oh, I forgot to mention that in my above post. The reason why everyone is basically sticking to the script (other than the fact that most of 'em are CP's and don't have what it takes to be a skipper,) is they're being trained to specifically stick to the script, and never deviate from it, ever. In fact, they were also told to black out lines from the script as well and not use those, because those are off limits. Basically, anything that pokes fun at the guests, yourself, the other skippers, or the fact that we are Disney were banned.

Also anything that has recieved a complaint has be banned as well. Several lines I used to use before were okay but were banned later on were "Those natives are doing one of two things, they're doing a native war dance, or they've lost the keys to the men's room" and, "And now, it's the backside of water! . . . And for everyone on the right, water on your backside" (as we pass by a little waterfall that sprays a little bit as we pass it. When I was there, on the average cruise, more than half of the jokes said weren't allowed. I'm not saying they were bad or insulting, because they were pretty tame and harmless. They were just lines that 'could' cause someone to complain, and thus was banned.

• "I Break Things"

It is interesting to see how much one Jungle parallels another! the Jungles of Disneyland have gone in a similar direction.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Man, that really sucks. As a whole, out family hasn't enjoyed it as much the past few years. I guess this explains it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    Not only is the script tired but the show is as well. Having seen how nice the show elements at HKDL's Jungle Cruise really are, makes the MK version seem more ... old and run down.

The last time our Jungle had a serious refurb, was back in 2005 when the hurricanes hit. We thought we'd also get pirhanas as well, but all we ended up getting was cleaner looking animals that partially moved. It seems like they don't care about our jungle and are purposely letting it go to waste so they have a reason to get rid of it. When our dancing natives aren't dancing in a circle because a branch fell down and stopped one of them from hopping, which then stopped the turntable, and it took them 4 - 5 months to finally remove that branch, you know they could care less about the jungle. I heard we just had a refurb done earlier this year, and from what I understand, they just ripped out the old dock and redid it (big rumor went around was they wanted to make that all concrete, glad they didn't do that) and cleaned up the animals, and that's it. Once again no new scenes or animals, and they still haven't fixed the animals that always keep breaking down. I'd love to see HKDL's jungle. I've seen pictures of it, and all I can say is Wow, I'm jealous, lol. I'd love some pyro and fog effects in our jungle

• She was sweet as a peach

I agree that the JC is pretty tired. But even with the same script every time a good skipper can make all the difference. We had a girl (about a year and a half ago) who was so energetic and the way she told the jokes (and these were the same jokes) was so funny.

Compared to the guy we had last month who was almost insulting because we weren't laughing at his lame attempt.

• Mostly Harmless.

I had a Skipper once that said everything jumped 20,000 feet from a 747. It was so freakin funny! Since then it's definitely gotten stale. Most of the time I usually end up being the guy who finishes the joke for the skippers. It's not hard and it keeps me entertained. Watch out, Ginger snaps!
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    Several lines I used to use before were okay but were banned later on were "Those natives are doing one of two things, they're doing a native war dance, or they've lost the keys to the men's room" and, "And now, it's the backside of water! . . . And for everyone on the right, water on your backside" (as we pass by a little waterfall that sprays a little bit as we pass it. .
    They are banned? I've probably been on the Jungle Cruise 5/6 times in the last month or so and heard those jokes ever single time.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

I do enjoy the Jungle, but I am noticing a trend of the people that work there... they DON'T want to work there. I think thats a main part of the problem. In order to be successful in your role, you have to want it. I remember a time, and I am sure TechSkip could shed more light on this, but the Jungle was a much sought after place that people wanted to go to.

The last time I was even close to the Jungle was 3 months ago. It's just gone downstream from there..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast