Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: More Bad News for O-Town ... and WDW ...

How does this effect me? I come from a small town, going Delta from Butte to Orlando in November. will I have to take a different route now? my package is paid for will they hange my flights?

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    But, that said, when a carrier like VA can offer a coach experience that (except for a hard seat) is equal or better than a First Class experience on my carrier, well, it almost makes you feel like we should just shut all the airlines down and start from scratch.
    Virgin doesn't serve entire areas like a regulated industry would have been forced to. VA cherry picked it's routes where it can fly only the largest, most efficient birds. And ignored everything else. It charges a premium price for a premium product. I don't think its anything special - its not doing the same job as the other carriers so there isn't much point in trying to lump them together. Unless you are flying to London or Manchester - VA is pretty much useless to you.

All the smaller airlines internationally seemed to offer better service then our domestics. But even they have felt the crunch over the last 5+ years and they too have thinned out to almost the same experience you get on say a United Domestic flight.

But I do agree - capacity cuts means less seats and less competition. That alone will relax competitive price on seats to Orlando leading to higher prices on other carriers.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee View Post
    Are fares still cheap?
    Yes, Kevin... they are.

Back in February I booked travel from MCO to LAX: $210 round trip included the fees. I looked at what October might cost if I booked it today: almost $400 including the fees. I think Disney execs know what they are doing when they are looking at these contingency plans right now.
    Kevin, you will have to pay on average $1,200 per round trip or so to even begin to cover the expenses that airlines are facing due to the ridiculous fuel prices they are paying to get you from point A to B. So as long as everyone can fly for less than that... in my humble opinion, YES, airfares are still cheap.

If the airline news is so bad, when can we expect Disney to roll out some really good deals? Or are they going to rely on the international visitors?
    Love Shaq U 38

Overated State U 24

LSU only 2 time BCS Champions

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenbear View Post
    If the airline news is so bad, when can we expect Disney to roll out some really good deals? Or are they going to rely on the international visitors?
    I think the international visitor are quite assured. I mean.. we in the USA are quite a bargain for the euros and the brits. But isn't WDW already offering bargains in their "affordable" section of their official site?
    www.disneyworld.com/affordable

• I loves me some WDW!

We booked our February flights from New Orleans to Orlando a couple of months ago and paid $226 for a direct flight. Our direct flight has become a one-stop flight (in ATL, of course, since it's Delta) and the price has jumped to over $500. The jump isn't surprising, since all flights to Orlando during Mardi Gras go for high prices unless you book them really early (like we did). We usually fly Southwest direct and pay at least $315 - who knows how much Southwest will charge when the flights come out in a few months?

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee View Post
    That's not bad. Did you make those reservations in the past month?

yes. About 2 weeks ago. Newburg NY to Orlando. But the same offer was made at Newark. I purchased 4 tix at that price and only a few seats were taken. When someone else in my party went to buy tix for the same flight, they were about $30 more and this was 15 minutes later
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Here is what I was just quoted on continental.com

1 Adults (age 18 to 64) $238.00
    Additional Taxes/Fees $21.00
    Total Price $259.00

This is for Oct 1st to Oct 6th, flying nonstop from Newark to Orlando.

Its not bad. I would say its about avg to what I have paid in the past...

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Parisi View Post
    Here is what I was just quoted on continental.com

1 Adults (age 18 to 64) $238.00
    Additional Taxes/Fees $21.00
    Total Price $259.00

This is for Oct 1st to Oct 6th, flying nonstop from Newark to Orlando.

Its not bad. I would say its about avg to what I have paid in the past...

EWR - MCO
    July 18 - July 23
    1 Adult
    $218 + fees

Man I am so freaking tempted.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    EWR - MCO
    July 18 - July 23
    1 Adult
    $218 + fees

Man I am so freaking tempted.

-dave

I want to go in Oct, because I want to try out this Food & Wine Fest, as well as go to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights... If I can get a good deal on a room, I want go.

I have been monitoring airfares for my possible trip in the fall and fares still remain around $200 from BOS-MCO. That is typical amount most times of the year, some years ago I have actually paid slightly more, and I always fly Delta. If fares go up too much I suppose I could always redeem some of my Skymiles.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Parisi View Post
    I want to go in Oct, because I want to try out this Food & Wine Fest, as well as go to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights... If I can get a good deal on a room, I want go.

AP & DVC mean that if I see cheap airfare, thats all thats needed to get me out the door.

I just have a lot going on in the next 30 days or so, so it's time thats the problem.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Airfares will likely not skyrocket for a bit longer ... until we're after the Fourth, I'd guess.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    As long as the airlines keep charging cheap fares... they will not impact the Disney parks as much I think.. But kiddies, do enjoy your $2 glass on Coke on board and your $20 charge for bringing that extra bag. Muhahaha...
    Cheap fares? I should be able to get a $200 non-stop fare to MCO from LAX for September/October around this time, have done so for the last six years. One year I even lucked out and got a $180 fare.

This year? $386 for the same flight that I take every time. Thankfully I'm using my miles this time but geeze.

I could care less what theoretically it costs the airlines... if I can't get what I usually pay for around this time for my yearly trip and it'll cost $200 more this year, then that's not cheap. $200 was cheap, $400 is not. Luckily it's only going to cost me 25,000 for my flight, a few months ago they wanted 37,500.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Merry 2014!

I looked up Delta's October fares from Reno to Orlando: $458 for two stops.
    Last year's fare was a little less that $300 with only one stop.
    I might need to win Lotto to visit WDW.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast