Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So How Busy ARE the parks now?

The title of the thread says it all.

Maybe we can get this to be a permanent thing. People who live in the area just tossing out observations on crowds for the summer and beyond?

So ... how busy are the parks?

• back to WDW in January

Re: So How Busy ARE the parks now?

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post

Maybe we can get this to be a permanent thing. People who live in the area just tossing out observations on crowds for the summer and beyond?

I like it and will be sure to check back on or around July 19th. Care to guess why ... ??

Be that as it may, all projections indicate that business at the parks won't slow down for the summer and probably into the fall either until after the free dining packages programs have ended. Most folks have already planned and paid for (or at least budgeted for) their vacations this year and the "recession" won't be showing it's true colors until after that has subsided. The slowdown will come later this year and into next year as is evidenced by the lack of bookings that travel services, airlines, the parks and hotels are suffering from now for the winter and early 2009.
    Last edited by tjcjr; 06-20-2008 at 10:49 AM.

• Banned User

yeah, how buisy is the parks?? I am going in November ( first week) how buisy will it be, or projected to be??

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

You should be fine the first week of November....

I was actually hoping this thread would be an UP TO DATE/CURRENT report on the actual conditions at the parks.

In other words, what are the crowds on a daily basis like today June 20, 2008 etc ... and I'm more interested in actual perceptions/observations (along with actual numbers if any CMs with access want to place them here or PM me with them) than simple things like 'Space Mountain had a posted wait of 110 minutes at 2 p.m. today or things like that' because that doesn't mean it's accurate and it doesn't take into account anything like the ride going 101 or them taking capacity away etc ... just generally what the park(s) are like at any given time.

And you can toss any Universal and Sea World observations in here as well.

I really think this can be very helpful in neartime planning and just getting an idea if the economy is having a major affect on the parks or not.

• Banned User

I was at the parks last week and unfortuantly they were still pretty crowded. Usual June crowds. I really hope attendance declines because I want Disney to feel the squeeze.

I hate this mentality disney has that because there the #1 tourist destination they don't have constantly refresh and update the park. We all know maintanance at the florida parks has been in decline for years, Magic Kingdom is extremly stale right now with no major new addition since the NEW Tomorrowland addition in 1994, and it seems like disney is content to keep redoing attractions into smaller cartoo overlay'd attractions that end up being mediocre (Monsters inc. laugh floor, Gran Fiesta Tour, Stitch, etc.). They need to bring back the high standards Disney used to have and really focus on highest quality possible with management constantly walking around the park seeign what works and waht doesn't work and we need more exciting next generation attractions (Midway Mania is nice and all but it ain't gonna cut it when the competition has rides like Spider-Man and is building richly themed harry potter land with a new thrill ride featuring next generation ride technology). It's for this reason that me and my family have opted not to renew our Annual Pass next year and will not return to the florida property until there are major new additions.

• Goofy

at least they are not the monopoly

• Really!?

was just there from june 10th - 19th and crowds were decent, nothing to really complain about

BUT

the last two days (18th & 19th) crowds started to get worse, especially on the 19th at magical kingdom

our bus driver said that the previous week it was like a 'ghost town' and that from this point on the crowds only get worse with schools on the east coast letting out this week

so i would suggest going early may to mid june to avoid the big summer rush

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsy1052 View Post
    You should be fine the first week of November....
    I hope so!! but I do see there is Jersey week when I am there. I hope to get on all the rides.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post

DAK was very busy on wednesday and the MK was quite busy on thursday (closing at 12am for all guests) and DHS was busy today... Lines were pretty long at FP rides, and average of 35 mins for non-FP lines. The only walk-on lines we encountered were the Pixar theater shows in Tomorrowland.
    Toy Story Mania was posting a 140 minutes standby line... and many fans were in the park for Star Wars Weekend.

• Banned User

does toy story mania have a fast pass system? I am hoping to run to this and get a fast pass so I can ride it at some point.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    does toy story mania have a fast pass system? I am hoping to run to this and get a fast pass so I can ride it at some point.
    It does in Hollywood Studios and it has a Single Riders Line as well.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

as far as WDW is cocerened there is no recession. Was at Epcot on Thurs, SSE has had a steady line ever since it first opened. Even Mission Space was at 10 for Green 40 for Orange, which was a shock. Nemo and Land were walkons, but MK is RIDCULOUS. My fellow CMs said Pirates was 70min on Thurs the day it opened and the queue at Mansion has been filling up almost every day.

• Yes?

This doesn't bode well for my family....we will be there July 10-15. I had already planned on making full use of EMH especially in the mornings to avoid the heat as much as I could but now it looks like I will be doing it to avoid long lines as well. Fortunately being AP holders we aren't park commandos. We get what the girls want to see out of the way and then get out of the parks anyway. We don't feel the need to kill ourselves trying to ride everything but I would like to see the new TSM ride. Sorry to say it TDLFan but I think I have no other choice than to make full use of the FP system where I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• We'll hold them at bay

as people book ahead of time, a recession might take a bit of time to reflect in actual attendance. We'll see what it looks like in say Feb
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast