Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

New MK Guidemap cover debuts...

The new MK guidemap is out this week and looks like this:

However, I have to wonder...why did it take almost a year to feature the "Monsters Inc Laugh Club" on the cover? I mean.. this show has been opened for almost a year... and while it's well known that reception has been lukewarm... so much so that most times, guests do not have to wait more than one show cycle to view it. But to feature it so long after it's opening? Or maybe it's indication that the MK has nothing new going for it this summer season? Oh well... I guess the sad part is.. while the Laugh Club was a walkon for most of the afternoon on thursday, the POTC ride (the former covergirl on the guidemap) was still posting 45 mins wait times and the line began outside where a faux Jack Sparrow was performing a sideshow.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: New MK Guidemap cover debuts...

I think it's time for a change!!! Would love to see them to do something, anything!

• Rear Window=Best Movie

I'm excited. I love the Comedy CLub and after 8 trips and seeing Jack Sparrow on the cover I was sick of POTC.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDWImagineer View Post
    I'm excited. I love the Comedy CLub and after 8 trips and seeing Jack Sparrow on the cover I was sick of POTC.
    Sadly, you may be in the minority. POTC still packs the lines while the Comedy Club does not. Still, I am all for them changing the guidebooks' cover every so often... BUT, if HKDL does that weekly it seems...why can't the MK?
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFl
    I think it's time for a change!!! Would love to see them to do something, anything!
    What would you suggest Summer, especially now that you have been to fabulous DLR?

• Rear Window=Best Movie

TDLFan, the comedy club isn't my favorite but the show is pretty unique. HKDL changes it every week?? That's really cool. I wish MK would do it. All MK needs is something fresh new and exciting!!!!!! Like what's been going on beyond the railroad tracks out behind HM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    BUT, if HKDL does that weekly it seems...why can't the MK?
    HKDL is pretty desperate to increase its attendance...whereas MK attendance seems to increase anually regardless of what they do (or don't do).
    Down with the Hat

And the fact it seats near 500 people has nothing to do with that?

If lines are what we use to measure sucess, then the Country Bears, Tiki Room, Philharmagic, the Seas with Nemo & Friends, and ALOT of rides at WDW aren't doing so well.
    WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?

• We'll hold them at bay

The new MK guidemap is out this week and looks like this:

However, I have to wonder...why did it take almost a year to feature the "Monsters Inc Laugh Club" on the cover? .
    They ordered too many Jack Sparrow ones?
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Maybe they're trying to attract people back to it.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• We'll hold them at bay

I must admit that I tried Monsters Inc for the 1st time this May and liked it a lot
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Yes?

I tried it for the first time back in March and thought it was cute. I think alot depends on the interaction the CMs get from the crowd and the people they choose to participate. I think my 7 year old who loves jokes would enjoy it but it is difficult to get her into a theater with a lot of people(she has Asperger Syndrome).
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Minion

I thought it was a decent attraction...and it fits reasonably well within the toonish sci-fi theming of post-1995 tomorrowland.
    Down with the Hat

• Banned User

For the record, I too thought that Laugh Floor was nice and all that when it opened, but this is an attraction that after some repeated visits, have totally lost it's charm. Maybe because there is only so much you can do with a huge jumbotron TV???

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    HKDL is pretty desperate to increase its attendance...whereas MK attendance seems to increase anually regardless of what they do (or don't do).
    While I do agree that HKDL is doing anything to increase attendance... I feel that changing the cover on their guidemaps with different colors or photos to highlight several aspects of the park, won't make a difference in the attendance. That is something they just do because it's "fun to do".
    At WDW, the reason why the guidemaps are not changed on a regular basis is because many tourists do not visit WDW often to notice or even apprciate those little efforts... plus management at WDW is cheap and won't spend money on things that are considered "trivial", which is exactly what makes the Disney parks excel... "trivial" details we the true fans can appreciate.

• Minion

^^ I agree, it's not an attraction that warrants many repeat visits. But as you pointed out, it works for most of its target audience, which travels a long distance to get to WDW, and as such may experience the attraction only once or twice over a period of years...and I myself belong to that audience, only having seen it once during a fortunate opportunity to travel to Flordia earlier this year. Of course I would have much prefered Tokyo's Monsters attraction or probably even Anaheim's...since I like rides better than these type of shows. Which is why I am so glad that MK is finally getting a ride of substance in the Little Mermaid...it's been a long time since Splash Mt.
    Down with the Hat

• Why can't you tune a fish

While I do agree that HKDL is doing anything to increase attendance... I feel that changing the cover on their guidemaps with different colors or photos to highlight several aspects of the park, won't make a difference in the attendance. That is something they just do because it's "fun to do".
    At WDW, the reason why the guidemaps are not changed on a regular basis is because many tourists do not visit WDW often to notice or even apprciate those little efforts... plus management at WDW is cheap and won't spend money on things that are considered "trivial", which is exactly what makes the Disney parks excel... "trivial" details we the true fans can appreciate.
    We have been down this road before. WDW is becomming less and less a "locals" or a "fan" park and more of a "one or two visits in a lifetime" park. At least thats what I see.

If you are only going to be there once or twice in your life, then changing the guidemaps weekly or once a decade makes no difference. Of course for people like you who are local, or people like me, who go 2-3 times a year, it DOES make a difference. Unfortunately we are in the minority.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast