Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Really!?

Dream Squad!!!.... BOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Ok....

we had a 10 day trip to WDW last week...10 DAYS!
    we saw the dream squad a total of 14 times (with their white vests, bags & earpieces) and every single time we approached them they claimed they didnt have anything and that they were done giving out their stupid "dreams"

BULL!

has anyone been given anything from the dream squad? Do they purposely lie to you if its not "dream time"?

either way, please excuse my choice of words but uhhh

THEY SUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Dream Squad!!!.... BOOOOOOOOO!!!!

The Dream Squad is given a specific place and time to give prizes. They do not give prizes otherwise. I have been awarded the Dream FastPass in then MGM in the Single Riders Line in Rock and Roller Coaster, and the Lanyard at the exit to Tom Sawyer's Island. I have been to DL 5 times since the Dream Squad began roaming, totalling over 25 days, and have not won anything. Same with many MCers here. So, it's just a matter of timing, nothing more.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Really!?

we spent one night at epcot following a suspicious looking dream squad member for almost an hour. He told us they usually stop giving out prizes after 3pm...but yet he was still carrying his bag and moving from one random location to the next...just standing around. Plus when we talked to him he was acting very very very very strange....

theyre a sneaky bunch

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

What would be the point of a random, LEGAL sweepstakes if they just gave stuff to whoever walks up to them and asks?

So you are mad because you didn't not win anything in some half-baked contest and that you were not there in the right place at the right time... really? Sour grapes.

Quote Originally Posted by KonLuvsDL View Post
    Ok....

we saw the dream squad a total of 14 times (with their white vests, bags & earpieces) and every single time we approached them they claimed they didnt have anything and that they were done giving out their stupid "dreams"

BULL!

has anyone been given anything from the dream squad? Do they purposely lie to you if its not "dream time"?

Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

After they finish giving prizes out (Which is usually early afternoon) they are usually found giving out maps and helping with guests' questions. At least, that is what I have noticed.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    After they finish giving prizes out (Which is usually early afternoon) they are usually found giving out maps and helping with guests' questions. At least, that is what I have noticed.
    Yup... after a majority of the official prizes are given out for the day that the randomized computer program spits out for them, the Dream Squad is there to make "unofficial" magical memories as well as just be there for Guest service. Answer questions, carry around maps, etc. etc.
    Burnt Toast

Um.. honestly, what did you expect to happen? Like yoyoflamingo said, the prizes are given out at specific locations and times. The Dream Squad CMs themselves have nothing to do with choosing when and where those will be, as far as I know - in fact, they'd probably get in trouble if they handed out freebies. Beyond that, there are many APers who visit Disney parks many more days in a year than ten and still haven't won a prize. It's pure chance.

Besides that, what do you expect them to say if you approach them (which I can only assume would be for the purpose of trying to get a prize)? Wow, you caught us, have some prizes? Yes, we have prizes, but you can't have any? Of course they're just going to say that they don't have any, because at best, they only have prizes they aren't allowed to give you.

And why on earth would you follow one of them around? So that if he gave someone else a prize, you could complain that he lied to you and didn't give you the prizes instead? I just don't understand why you would choose to spend an hour of precious Disney time stalking a Dream Squad CM on the off-chance he was smuggling lanyards...
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• Little Miss Sunshine

BULL!

I have been to Disney a LOT this past year, and haven't received anything myself except for a lanyard in April of 2007. I've probably been there 75 or more times since then, probably more.

My parents went and won the castle (I was able to go too), and they are almost never there. It is random - I'm not sure exactly what you were expecting.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I've been to Disneyland multiple times this year and have seen them multiple times, I have yet to win something but you don't hear me complaining about them. Give it a rest, buddy - you don't always get what you want and that doesn't give you a reason to claim "they suck." That is just immaturity. Your time will come, don't stalk them and maybe you will be pleasantly surprised sometime. They usually stop giving out stuff by early afternoon, I'd assume they just answer questions and stuff later in the day. Put yourself in their shoes, if you were a member of the dream squad - how would you feel if people constantly stalked you and asked for things when you don't have anything or have given out your limit. There are other things to enjoy at the park. I was standing in line at the Paradise Pier Hotel Gift Shop and a man in front of me was 9 cents short so I gave him the 9 cents and I was rewarded with a really cute tinker bell pin from the cashier, it just goes to show that being in the right spot at the right time isn't the only way to win something.
    Last edited by MsSarah; 06-21-2008 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Spelling errors.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Only "prize" I've won is a pair of Dream Ears they were giving out one afternoon at Downtown Disney last summer. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Earlier this year at MK I happened to be standing next to a Dream Squad member in Town Square and she made a comment on the rhinestoned Mickey ears I was wearing. We chatted about them for a moment (they're homemade and she asked me how long it took to do it), then she went about her business and I went about mine. I don't stalk Dream Squad members when I see them (tempting as it is sometimes).

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

Our trip on Memorial Day weekend, we got some "Honorary Citizen of WDW" buttons.
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseRemainSeated View Post
    And why on earth would you follow one of them around? So that if he gave someone else a prize, you could complain that he lied to you and didn't give you the prizes instead? I just don't understand why you would choose to spend an hour of precious Disney time stalking a Dream Squad CM on the off-chance he was smuggling lanyards...
    The Dream Stalkers (people who try to act like they aren't following a Dream Squad Cast Member around, but don't realize that they are obviously doing so) are a fun group. /sarcasm
    Burnt Toast

• Banned User

This is one of the reasons why this "Year of Million Dreams" campaign does not work. It's unfair and creates huge expectations from guests who are hopeful and think they will get something out of this, but they don't.

I have always known that the Dream squad CMs are given a criteria to follow when giving out gifts and prizes, but following them and appearing eager to win something will not help. However... those who win are fans who fit a certain criteria.. like newlyweds, families who go there for the first time, senior citizens...etc etc. If you are gay or appear foreign? Your chances are drastically reduced. I ofetn wonder why all of the castle winners I see parading down Main Street USA before the parade are white families with some children who appear to hail from the midwest. I am yet to see a black, hispanic, or even a gay parents or foreign family win the castle stay, which leads me to believe Disney is biased on this situation and not everyone seems to be deemed worthy of being a winner. The whole "Million Dreams" is full of croc if you ask me.

However.. the other day, I "won" an Honorary Citizen of the MK button, just because the Dream Squad CM spotted my IASW teeshirt from HKDL and complimented me on it. Before I knew, I was given the button. I of course, would have prefered the Dream Ears for 2008... but hey, I do not go there expecting to win anything.

Ok....

BULL!

Everything is timing. I think you need to be a little more forgiving. Last year at WDW my wife and I received two. One was to ride Tower of Terror without having to go back through the line. We got off and a cast member as if we wanted to ride again and took us up the back way. We got our choice of seats. Later in that trip we were selected to ride in the fire truck on one of the Family Fun Parades.

Just because you didn't get anything does not mean they are not happening. I guess you get upset also when you don't win powerball also.

Geez...get a life.

John

• For a new Gotham!

I won three prizes in a weekend once, and nothing in the 6 weekends that I've been since. All about being in the right place at the right time!

Also, if I were a Dream Squadder, and someone was stalking me the way you were doing, I probably wouldn't give you anything either. Sorry pal, but if you're looking for it, it kind of defeats the point.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast