Red Face Sucker for romance

So...I had a friend point me in this general direction and said SOMEONE here should know what to do for this...

I'm taking my girlfriend to Disneyworld this Christmas, and I'm considering proposing there. My buddy told me that Disney might even help out with that, and for free (which...that's debatable, but whatever)

So...I was curious...does anyone know who I would even contact to ask about getting something special for the moment, maybe like have Mickey and Daisy there or something...any help is appreciated. I got 6 months before it happens anyway, so yeah, lol, plenty of time to figure it out. Thanks y'all!

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

Re: Sucker for romance

Welcome to the boards!! Contact the Wedding Planners Dept. and they should be able to help you set something up. They do it all the time. Don't know about cost for engagements, but they should be able to tell you all the details. Call the main switchboard at 407-824-2222 and ask for the Wedding Dept. Good luck to you...

Gosh, if nothing else, do it at dinner at Cinderella's castle or something. Congratulations! And good luck!
    "We are the change we've been waiting for! Yes we can!"

• formerly PretzelSouls!

A dinner at Cinderella's Castle would be romantic, you could propose there. Or even in front of the castle at midnight or something. Call the Disneyland wedding planners and ask them for some help. Good luck and welcome to mice chat!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

If you want something a little more spontaneous, you can try and speak to cast members and create a moment at a place that has meaning to you. Or, you can just find a place to is special, romantic, secluded, and ask when you want to. I proposed at the Disneyland Hotel, and did it just when it felt right. Good luck, but it doesn't matter how special it is or how planned it is, when it feels right, you will know when and where to do it.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Minion

ORDDU: Personally, I think you should have ME there--standing in the background...just in case she says, "No." That way you can simply let her leave you in peace. Then I'll come forward and you can propose to much better woman who WON'T turn you down. (sigh) I can't begin to tell you how much I'd just LOVE to get married to a man...you are good looking with lots of money in your bank account, I assume???

Thanks for the help y'all! I appreciate it, and thanks for the warm welcome too!

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Personally, I think you should have ME there--standing in the background...just in case she says, "No." That way you can simply let her leave you in peace. Then I'll come forward and you can propose to much better woman who WON'T turn you down. (sigh) I can't begin to tell you how much I'd just LOVE to get married to a man...you are good looking with lots of money in your bank account, I assume???
    LMDEO! (Laugh my Disney Ears off)
    "We are the change we've been waiting for! Yes we can!"

• Gawrsh!

My husband proposed to me at the Wishing Well at the base of Cinderella's Castle. It was magical!!! Something you could do during "Wishes" fireworks show!! Good Luck!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    Oh man! That's great.

Also try looking in this recent thread: Marriage Proposal Question at WDW.

As others have mentioned you do have some time, but most of it will be planned very short-term. Try talking with a manager at your hotel if you stay on property or a CM in Guest Relations soon after you arrive. Good luck Sora!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I think it would be VERY romantic to be proposed to in front of the castle during Wishes. At the very end, there's singing and they say "and all your wishes...will come true"......right then...be on one knee. AWWWWW!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

If for some reason the busy theme park environment isn't looking so "romantic" to you anymore do check out Disney's Grand Floridian Hotel. This place is beyond romantic day or night.

True you may not be staying there but it would be a great place for a honeymoon, that is if you decide to get married at Disney World as many seem to do once they propose at the parks.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    If for some reason the busy theme park environment isn't looking so "romantic" to you anymore do check out Disney's Grand Floridian Hotel. This place is beyond romantic day or night.

True you may not be staying there but it would be a great place for a honeymoon, that is if you decide to get married at Disney World as many seem to do once they propose at the parks.
    Heh...that would be a little bit nicer setting than the Movies resort we're staying at, but yeah...lol

Guys, thanks so much for all the help and tips. Right now, I've got it in my head that we'll be in Magic Kingdom on Christmas Eve, and I was hoping to pretty much do it at midnight. Anyone happen to know what special stuff happens in Disneyworld during Christmas, or is it usually the same stuff that happens the rest of the year?

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

ohohhh!! It snows on Main Street! But not around midnight. And usually during the christmas party but I'm sure it will snow on Christmas Eve.

It usually snows off and on throughout the night, I don't remember it snowing all night long. It's usually right after the parade and fireworks. That would be the best time to walk down Main Street during the snow fest, it'll take your "fiancee's" mind off of you for a second as she takes it in all around her

and that's when you could get on one knee and when she notices people reacting to you doing this and stopping, creating this circle of people around you that's when you can ask her.

Have one heck a speech from the heart or pre planned ready for this moment. When she does accept you should get a huge crowd reaction and you'll probably be YouTubed later that week by everyone's cell phones and cameras.

I mean I would hope people would stop walkign down Main Street to glimpse actual "magic" rather than pushing aside to get by you... I still see the Main Street scene playing out as I just wrote above.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com