Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Disneyholic since 1999

Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning

Re: Is DHS set for a downward spiral?

I think all the planning and new draws like Toy Story Mania and AI are a great addition. DHS needed some new ideas and attractions. The stunt show was a great idea and all of the other stuff is even better! We were seriously limiting our time at DHS to the major rides and Osborne Lights at Christmas. Now...I can see us spending a lot more time there! There is always a drawback to change and we will miss the Stars and Cars parade! : *(
    Offsite 6/99 ASMo 5/00 POR 11/00 Offsite 5/01 Universal 9/01 ASMo 2/02 ASMo 11/02 CBR 3/03 ASMo 11/03 POP 3/04 CS & POFQ 11/04 OKW 4/05 SSR 10/05 Disney Wonder and BWV 1/06 - The Time of Our Lives The Dolphin 2/07 5/07 OKW

Next Trip: Free Dining in Sept. and living the dream as Disney Destination Planner with Magical Travel.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvdisney View Post
    I havent seen bad press. It think they are trying to improve the park.
    If that is the case then TAKE OUT THE BAH!!!!!

everything they're doing seems to be the norm for the theme to me

having Midway Mania there seems like a good step forward though since the park STILL needs more rides

I'm going to be honest here and say I don't mind FP on most of the studios rides just get it off the darned show, having fastpasses for shows has made no since to me whatsever (especially when I see people wait for fastpass then wait for the show it's a double wait oddity why not just wait for the show? it's all muddled now)

I have been to WDW for the first time in January. The DHS Park was one of my favorites, I really liked it. The park is very well themed and it has great attractions. Compared to the Studios in Paris the Floridian counterpart is much better, although I think that some attractions like the Studio Tram Tour or Rock'n'Rollercoaster are better in Paris.

So I don't think that DHS is set for a downward spiral!!

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    everything they're doing seems to be the norm for the theme to me
    TSMM is a cute ride, but I would hardly say that it fits the "theme." Actually, I'm not even sure what the theme is anymore of Disney's Hollywood Studios. Toy Story is a movie and Hollywood is about making movies - that's about all I can get. TSMM fits thematically in DCA's boardwalk, but shrinking down to the size of a toy in Andy's room in DHS...not so much.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Best post in this thread!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

I hate the fact that the studios parks seem to be a catch-all park for themes. Where else could you find The Twilight Zone, Star Wars, Toy Story, Playhouse Disney, Aerosmith, The Muppets, Alien, The Wizard of Oz, Indiana Jones, Drew Carey, and American Idol all in the same place? Talk about your "eclectic" mix.

• I'm A

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I hate the fact that the studios parks seem to be a catch-all park for themes. Where else could you find The Twilight Zone, Star Wars, Toy Story, Playhouse Disney, Aerosmith, The Muppets, Alien, The Wizard of Oz, Indiana Jones, Drew Carey, and American Idol all in the same place? Talk about your "eclectic" mix.
    But they are all entertainment. Correct, so its not so ecletic when viewed through the right lens.
    Visit

Click the Banner

• For a new Gotham!

Thumbs down Re: Is DHS set for a downward spiral?

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Hear hear!

Aside from that atrocity, I have to agree with what looks like everyone but the original poster: that DHS is in an upward spiral if anything. Sure, there are a few things I'd rather see than an American Idol show, but as someone already mentioned, it will one day make way for the next big pop culture phenom.

Anyway, better to have the seats collecting butts than collecting dust.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    DCA....
    There you can find: The Twilight Zone, Monster's Inc., Aladdin, Playhouse Disney hodgepodge, Toy Story, Bugs, Muppets, Crush (Finding Nemo), Whoopi, King Triton (The Little Mermaid), and all other sorts of characters that embody the spirit of California

Back on topic - How is it that Disney even acquired the rights to American Idol, which airs on FOX? The Studios has always been an outlet for ABC programming. I think that basing an entire attraction off a TV show is risky - Disney tried to capitalize on the short lived popularity of Who Wants to be a Millionaire and look where that got them.
    Last edited by VeganPrincess; 06-29-2008 at 05:01 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    Disney tried to capitalize on the short lived popularity of Who Wants to be a Millionaire and look where that got them.
    One of the most fun attractions at MGM in my opinion. I miss it sorely; it was one of the few attractions that made that park worthwhile in my opinion.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Senior Minion

Unless you consider a new pixarland, with some kind of version of crush coaster, star tours upgrade, possibly something with Lights, Motors, Action!, and a guarantee of a new E-ticket...downfall then yes.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Banned User

I wonder what SaneVoice thinks about DHS... Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    TSMM is a cute ride, but I would hardly say that it fits the "theme." Actually, I'm not even sure what the theme is anymore of Disney's Hollywood Studios. Toy Story is a movie and Hollywood is about making movies - that's about all I can get. TSMM fits thematically in DCA's boardwalk, but shrinking down to the size of a toy in Andy's room in DHS...not so much.
    your right but I made my post when I was thinking of sleeping but NOT sleeping because my cousin kept talking on msn

I was mostly thinking of the American Idol thing when posting that though I suppose it's safe to say alot of the studios rides have had tenuous Hollywood connections, though I suppose this is the weakest they've got with Toy Story Mania

the studios does need more rides though and it balances the offerings well enough since most of the other rides they've added have been more towards the thrilling side (though some people may need something to wake em up after a ride on the Great Movie Ride )

wow speaking of the Great Movie Ride that's one attraction that needs a TOTAL revamp

• Banned User

Rumor has it that they will be adding a Lord of the Rings scene to TGMR.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast