Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• WDW Spring Adv. CP 2009!!

Talking 1st trip to WDW!!!!

Hello fellow micechatters,
    This is the first time that I have posted on the wdw board before. My family and I are taking a trip to WDW for the first time ever the first week of August(August 1-8). I was wondering what are some of the "must do" things there at every one of the parks. I am an Annual Passholder at Disneyland, so my goal for this trip is to ride all of the rides WDW has that Disneyland doesn't. (Rockin' Rollercoaster, Test Track, Expedition Everest). Also I was wondering do alot of the more popular attractions have fastpasses? also what are some of the best times to hit those popular rides. I know that I only have 7 days there and there is so much to do, but I want to get the most out of my trip so if you could give some expertise of the 'must do" things like attractions, shows, and/or places to eat that would be great!!!

• Mostly Harmless.

Re: 1st trip to WDW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jared_dl1209 View Post
    I am an Annual Passholder at Disneyland, so my goal for this trip is to ride all of the rides WDW has that Disneyland doesn't. (Rockin' Rollercoaster, Test Track, Expedition Everest).
    Don't forget that many of the shared rides are different from DL's. Pirates is mo betta at DL... I think that MGM's (oops) ToT is better than DCA's. I think that Haunted Mansion is the same. Jungle Cruise is just as good although slightly different. DL's Buzz and Pooh is better. Anyways, welcome to the right coast, hope you and your fam enjoy it!
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Have a wonderful first trip! But Coastierox is correct, there are some rides to take in that you have, because they are different. Although, in comparison, I agree with everything they have said.

Here is my list of can't miss attractions:

Magic Kingdom
    Mickey's Philharmagic
    Carousel of Progress
    People Mover (TTA)
    Haunted Mansion (I think ours is a little better)
    Splash Mountain
    Swiss Family Treehouse (For nostalgia, if your into that)
    Hall of Presidents (For the AC)
    Snow White (I think our story flows better)
    Winnie the Pooh
    Space Mountain (Just so you can appreciate yours. LOL)

Epcot
    All the rides in Futureworld, go on Universe of Energy just once, that will be enough. LOL
    Maelstrom
    Gran Fiesta Tour
    Tour all the countries, it's such a fun thing to do.

DHS
    Tower of Terror
    RnRc
    Toy Story MM (I like our queue SO much better)

Animal Kingdom
    Everest
    Kilimanjaro Safari (First thing in the morning is best, the animals are active then)
    Dinosaur (Same track as Indy but still scary fun)
    Primeval Whirl (My kids love it and I do too
    Finding Nemo: The Musical
    Festival of the Lion King
    Flights of Wonders (Best bird show I've ever seen)
    Kali River Rapids

Things you can skip
    Soarin - Same as yours
    Tiki Tiki Room - Although, go and see it just so you can appreciate DL's. LOL
    Muppets
    Star Tours - Although I think our queue is better
    Pirates - This still holds a place in my heart even though DL's is much better. It's just shorter than CA's.
    Stitch's Great Escape - Just horrible, you can try it but I'm warning you now, horrible.
    Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor - This could go on both lists because it is cute the FIRST time you see it. So I say yes but it's not repeatable.
    Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
    Fantasmic -DL's is better, although not by too much, worth a see but you can skip it if you are too tired.

That's all I can think of right now, have a wonderful time visiting the world though!
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 06-25-2008 at 04:35 AM.

• Rear Window=Best Movie

Congrats on coming to WDW!!!! Haunted Mansion is a definite because it is has been radically revamped and is better DL! I guarantee! You must do Kilimanjaro Safari no matter what! As long as you do the those two attractions and have a Dole Whip your trip will be perfect! Have Fun!

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by jared_dl1209 View Post
    Hello fellow micechatters,
    This is the first time that I have posted on the wdw board before. My family and I are taking a trip to WDW for the first time ever the first week of August(August 1-8). I was wondering what are some of the "must do" things there at every one of the parks. I am an Annual Passholder at Disneyland, so my goal for this trip is to ride all of the rides WDW has that Disneyland doesn't. (Rockin' Rollercoaster, Test Track, Expedition Everest). Also I was wondering do alot of the more popular attractions have fastpasses? also what are some of the best times to hit those popular rides. I know that I only have 7 days there and there is so much to do, but I want to get the most out of my trip so if you could give some expertise of the 'must do" things like attractions, shows, and/or places to eat that would be great!!!
    Awesome... You will love WDW

Try to make reservations at Ohana's at the Polynesian Hotel. It is the best food on property.

Also, BOMA is very good... I would try to make reservations for those 2 places as they fill up very quickly.

Thats about all I can recommend.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

FastPass Attractions:

MK:
    Space Mountain
    Winnie the Pooh
    Peter Pan
    Big Thunder Mountain
    Splash Mountain
    Stitch's Great Escape
    Buzz Lightyear
    Jungle Cruise
    Philharmagic

EPCOT:
    Living with the Land (Sometimes)
    Maelstrom
    Honey I Shrunk the Audience (Not needed)
    Test Track
    Soarin
    Mission: Space

Studios:
    Tower of Terror
    Rock N Roller Coaster
    Star Tours
    Toy Story Midway Mania
    Indiana Jones Epic Stun Spectacular (Sometimes)

Animal Kingdom:
    It's Tough to be a Bug
    Kilimanjaro Safaris
    Dinosaur
    Primevial Whirl
    Kali River Rapids
    Expedition Everest

I'm pretty sure I got them all. And if you plan on seeing the popular attractions, make sure you get there early, and beeline to them. Or, you can also utilize the Extra Magic Hours if you are staying on property.

And Summer's list is pretty good. Although I am not a fan of Festival of the Lion King at all, and I like our Big Thunder Mountain (WDW's) better..
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

^You aren't the only one that doesn't like Festival of the Lion King yoyo. I know I'm kind of in the minority there but I do love the music and makes me want to dance. I love that they pull kids from the audience and let them be a part of it, my kids love that. I'd be lying if I didn't see your opinion about the show in other places.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    ^You aren't the only one that doesn't like Festival of the Lion King yoyo. I know I'm kind of in the minority there but I do love the music and makes me want to dance. I love that they pull kids from the audience and let them be a part of it, my kids love that. I'd be lying if I didn't see your opinion about the show in other places.
    Interesting, from everyone I talk to I knwo they all love it. I always thought I was in the minority!

Guess the OP should see it to make his own opinion! And as for countries, see the American Adventure! Excellent show!

And of course, Illuminations as well!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Interesting, from everyone I talk to I knwo they all love it. I always thought I was in the minority!

Guess the OP should see it to make his own opinion! And as for countries, see the American Adventure! Excellent show!

And of course, Illuminations as well!
    LOL Perception is the root of all evil!

I forgot about American Adventure, definitely add that one to my list as well!

• If We Can Dream It...

Just be sure to visit recently refurbished Spaceship Earth, the most polarizing attraction for disney fans to date!

Seriously though, SummerInFL covered your bases for you the only thing I would add is, Impressions De France. Of course, that's only if you want to travel back to France in the late 70's/early 80's.
    - Horizonsfan

• Too far from Disney World

Mickey's Philharmagic at the Magic Kingdom is a must! At least for me anyway!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Go see Lights Motor Action Stunt Show at Hollywood Studios! It is must do on every trip!
    Siobhan

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seeyarealsoon View Post
    Go see Lights Motor Action Stunt Show at Hollywood Studios! It is must do on every trip!
    Again, this is another perception issue. I saw it once, and I never have to see it again. Yet, other people love it. Another, see it for yourself before judging kind of attraction.

And it is another FastPass attraction too.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Mickey's Philharmagic is my favorite attraction... I'll post a full list later when I have some more time on what you should do when in WDW.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

You have to see Off Kilter and The British Invasion play at EPCOT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast