Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Yo!

Re: Disney's Celebrate America!-A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky

So back to the fireworks show....

WDWMagic has video up for anyone interested.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Disney Memory Maker

I saw the test show today (being that I'm blocked out on the 3rd). It is definitely a stark contrast from the Fantasy in the Sky 4th Show. This show is much less upfront about its patriotism. Now while this new show may not be as patriotic as the FitS show, it is easily much better. The show has the fairly conservative song choices of the Magic Kingdom (God Bless America, Star Spangled Banner, Shenandoah, etc) with the choreography of Epcot's fireworks, with a range much wider than FitS and a much better use of the castle fireworks.

Now if you can believe it, this show is even more Castle-centric than FitS 4th show was. Mind you, the test show I saw only had three launch sites used (no other perimeters or lagoon fireworks) and I could tell it was easily a Main Street-centric show. Perhaps the only disappointment to me was that they did not do a full rendition of the Star Spangled Banner. And while some parts were a bit slow, I am so glad this show had so much more choreography than the old show (which really just launched red white & blue fireworks at random times).

Now is it better than Epcot's fireworks... no. But just like Wishes finally allowed MK to become competitive with Illuminations (though not surpassing it), this show does the same with Epcot's 4th show.

My favorite parts of the show had to have been the very ending and the Shanendoah part (for some odd reason). They do have to make the narration a bit more upbeat though.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• May the F=ma be with you

Judging from the previews, it is a spectacular show. Slower paced, longer and much better than it's predecessor.

The This is My Country segment is done very well including the movement of the HES Cyberlights outward from the castle and on to the trees on each side.
    The Shenandoah section is also done very well with the red willows alternating between main and perimeter zones. Then moving on to gold palms with crackling red centers also alternating zones.

My favorite part has to be when the all of the perimeter zones are used with the barrages of red, white, and blue stars along with the in-park red, white and blue candle fans.
    In addition, the Mickey breaks are cute just after the final barrages from each zone.

I also think that the soundtrack is amazing.

The video on WDWMagic is highly recommended.
    Last edited by WDW Monorail; 07-02-2008 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Disney Memory Maker

Now I'm even more excited to see the full show with perimeters tomorrow!
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Magic Making

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    Judging from the previews, it is a spectacular show. Slower paced, longer and much better than it's predecessor.

The This is My Country segment is done very well including the movement of the Vari-Lites outward from the castle and on to the trees on each side.
    The Shenandoah section is also done very well with the red willows alternating between main and perimeter zones. Then moving on to gold palms with crackling red centers also alternating zones.

My favorite part has to be when the all of the perimeter zones are used with the barrages of red, white, and blue stars along with the in-park red, white and blue candle fans.
    In addition, the Mickey breaks are cute just after the final barrages from each zone.

I also think that the soundtrack is amazing.

The video on WDWMagic is highly recommended.
    Vair-lites? You mean the High End Systems Cyberlight Litho CXs in Tempest Lighting Inc Hurrniane Model 1000 Enclosures 6 per side 12 total. Mixed with 48 Irideon AR500s.

If you are talking about the ones in the white cases, they are HES Cyberlights. The green ones up front are Irideon AR500s, dichoric color changers. There are 5 of the AR500s per side plus one in the rock to the right of this pic. On the castle there are more and on the roofs of fantasyland as well.
    Last edited by SparkyLD; 07-02-2008 at 02:40 PM.

I knew you would pull through Sparky. I probably should have asked you before assuming that they were Vari-Lites. But I really didn't feel like looking it up.

Thanks.

• Magic Making

Im always here to help.

• Dorman Marching Cavalier!

I'm going to WDW MK this Friday! Yay! I get to see the new show! Yay!
    Dorman Marching Cavaliers

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Magic Kingdom's Brand New 4th Of July Fireworks! Check Them Out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>

I figured I'd post this for others like myself who will not be there to experience them in person.

They sure are purdee. Enjoy!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: Magic Kingdom's Brand New 4th Of July Fireworks! Check Them Out!

there is a full video of them on youtube as well... Amazing. I hope Disneylands is comprable.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Disney Memory Maker

Okay, after seeing the full show today, I have to say while I liked the show overall, I am VERY dissappointed about a few things

1) I'm still disappointed about the lack of a full rendition of the Star Spangled Banner

2) I am very disappointed about the utter lack of perimeter fireworks. They were utilized greatly in FitS but were only shot off one or two times in this show. For future showings, they really need to bump up the amount of perimeter fireworks.

3) I'm kind of disappointed Tinkerbelle didn't make an appearance. I honestly don't remember if she made an appearance in the old show, but I think they could have incorporated her.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, that new projection effect they had after the fireworks that made it look like the castle was decked out in flag gear was one of the coolest things ever.

Thanks for posting this.
    John

• making magic is fun!

Thanks for posting this!
    Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    Okay, after seeing the full show today, I have to say while I liked the show overall, I am VERY dissappointed about a few things

1) I'm still disappointed about the lack of a full rendition of the Star Spangled Banner

2) I am very disappointed about the utter lack of perimeter fireworks. They were utilized greatly in FitS but were only shot off one or two times in this show. For future showings, they really need to bump up the amount of perimeter fireworks.

3) I'm kind of disappointed Tinkerbelle didn't make an appearance. I honestly don't remember if she made an appearance in the old show, but I think they could have incorporated her.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, that new projection effect they had after the fireworks that made it look like the castle was decked out in flag gear was one of the coolest things ever.
    The full perimeters were first used with about 1:20 left in the show. My guess as to why this was done was to keep monorail traffic running as long as possible. This is not a problem with the current NYE show because perims are used only for the last 2 minutes or so as well.
    In past years, all transportation in and out of the area had to be shut down for about a half hour. Now, just ferry and bus transport is out of the equation.
    Anyway, believe it or not, this show used many more shells than the NYE 2008 show did.

As for Tinkerbelle, the last time she hasn't flown in the 4th of July Show was in 2004. It worked out great for FitS, not sure it would work in this show which is about reflection and folklore.

• Addicted to MC since '08

Nice Fireworks! Thanks for posting this becuase unless I can get a flight to Florida from California by 9:30 tonight, I won't be attending.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast