Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• May the F=ma be with you

Disney's Celebrate America!-A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky

Last year was the last performance of 4th of July Fantasy in the Sky.
    It is being replaced by Disney's Celebrate America!-A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky.

Two test shows will be run on June 29th and July 1st. One of these tests will use full 360 perimeters sans the island launch site and the other will employ only two perimeter sites. The full show will be run on July 3rd and 4th. (All show times are 9 P.M.)

This is another show designed by Mr. Cicotti and will contain a little more than 1500 shells.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Disney's Celebrate America!-A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky

OHHHHHH MYYYYYYY GAWWWD! My timing is freakin' off!

I went to WDW last Fourth of July and now THIS year they make a whole new show. But at least I got to see the "old" show before they retired it. Now I wish I had recorded, how dumb of me to think that I could see it again in a few years.

Now I have to schedule another 4th of July trip for 2009...
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• I'm A

I'd hate to see the bill for this show 1500 shells.
    Visit

Click the Banner

• Rear Window=Best Movie

wowser.... glad I'm not gonna be @ WDW next weekend.........too many people.....

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Sorvian View Post
    I'd hate to see the bill for this show 1500 shells.
    Why is that? Considering that WDW charges the most money of any of the Disney resort worldwide, I expect nothing less than huge, lavish and quite expensive entertainment, which they do not deliver often mind you. So let them go the expensive route for this special pyro show and fire away. Trust me... they CAN afford it.

• I'm A

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Why is that? Considering that WDW charges the most money of any of the Disney resort worldwide, I expect nothing less than huge, lavish and quite expensive entertainment, which they do not deliver often mind you. So let them go the expensive route for this special pyro show and fire away. Trust me... they CAN afford it.
    I would hate to see the bill for the show. I also know Disney can afford it. But that is a a lot of shells okay.
    Visit

Click the Banner

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Considering that WDW charges the most money of any of the Disney resort worldwide,
    1 2-Park Tokyo Disneyland Annual Pass - 75,000 Yen = $706.747

1 4-Park Walt Disney World Annual Pass - 448.00

Not having to dodge falling pieces of Buzz Lightyear parade float? Priceless.

• I'm A

Quote Originally Posted by SaneVoice View Post

Now that's why upkeep is so good.
    Visit

Click the Banner

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Meh. Fireworks are overrated.

• Banned User

That is correct info in regards to the AP, and frankly... $448 is just about the correct amount for what's there to do at WDW. But I pay the 75,000 yen for an AP at TDR because they quality and sheer number of special events, shows, parades, unique high tech rides they have, AND THE CLEANLINESS and STAFFING numbers alone, makes it all worth it. I feel I am paying for the upmost quality in every way. Something WDW delivers in much lesser numbers... even if it's a huge resort with all those parks and resorts. I would gladly pay $700 for a WDW AP if WDW gave me back as much quality maintenance, same amount of entertainment in a single park, or even the right amount of well-trained staffing instead of quantity, which is what WDW is all about: quantity.

BUT! I was refering in my previous posty to the money paid based on a 1-day pass to the park (near $80 at the MK, and near $56 for TDL), and since you are so knowledgeable.. why not make a comparison of the number of attractions, shows and parades guests can enjoy on any given day at TDL for $56, versus what they can do at the MK in a single day for $80? Maybe when I have the time.. I will spell it out in gross details, but not now since I am busy trying to get ready to go to the MK tonight, assuming the thunderstorm over our head does move away.
    Not having to dodge falling pieces of Buzz Lightyear parade float? Priceless.
    Say that to poor Pluto and his magical encounter with the Princess Barge behind Splash Mt a few years ago..

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Meh. Fireworks are overrated.
    True but if you saw how bad the TDL fireworks really are, then you'd appreciate the MK's special displays... which is why I am trying to find out if this supposedly test show of the 4th of july pyro will go on tonight as previously mentioned. I will not be at WDW for the 4th and would love to get a sneak peek at this show.

That is correct info in regards to the AP, and frankly...
    No, No frankly... That's all you need. Your original statement was that the cost of a ticket to WDW was more than the cost of a ticket to a park at WDW. While that is true for a one day ticket, those are a very small percentage of the tickets sold at WDW. In layman's terms, nobody goes to Walt Disney World for just a single day.

I was simply pointing out, to those who may not be aware of your obvious bias, that what you said is not true in all case. The cost of a Tokyo Disneyland Annual Pass is almost twice as much as the cost of one to WDW, which only is good at half the parks.

Whether or not you want to make a case that Tokyo is better than WDW, that is a completely different argument, because you started off by saying...
    Why is that? Considering that WDW charges the most money of any of the Disney resort worldwide
    Which is patently untrue.

Say that to poor Pluto and his magical encounter with the Princess Barge behind Splash Mt a few years ago..
    There is a difference between Driver error caused by limited visibility issues, and a chunk of the parade float falling off.
    Last edited by SaneVoice; 06-29-2008 at 06:01 PM.

• Yo!

Not to get into this whole debate, but the breaking parade float seems to be a DCE issue, not a resort-vs.-resort issue. Don't forget that the Bug's Life unit in PPP over at DCA also had a structural failure on one of its russian swings. Seems to me that DCE is in desperate need of a structural engineer who actually knows what he's doing.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Banned User

Which is patently untrue.
    Actually, come to think of it.. You are correct! In more ways than one!! Everything is more expensive at TDR... from food, to hotel rooms, to souvenirs, to their APs... Only single day or multiday passports seem to be the exception. But then again, the demographics are different. Cost of living in Japan is higher than the USA, and unlike americans... the Japanese have an afinity for the expensive and lavish, reason why OLC has to aim to a crowd that is far more discriminatory to win over than the average wal-mart-minded customer we see at WDW now a days.

There is a difference between Driver error caused by limited visibility issues, and a chunk of the parade float falling off.
    An accident is an accident, regardless of what happened in those situations. What happened at TDR could happen at any of the parks. Then again... TDR has always been known for more lavish float designs, with multiple animated props on them.. so fatigue took it's course. I guess since the floats at the MK are far more simplistic and less animated, metal fatigue might be a lesser risk? But I do not know about that since I am not an expert and did poorly in Physics.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast