Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Changes at Liberty Tree Tavern and Garden Grill

signed!

• making magic is fun!

We just booked a dinner for LTT during our August trip. The kids love this place so I am glad I could get it one last time.
    Kelly

Before my son was born I couldn't have cared less about character dining but now as I parent I find this news very sad. We ate at both LTT & the Garden Grille during our last trip and my son LOVED the characters. Seeing his happy little face definitely made the experience for DH and I.

• We'll hold them at bay

I always thought the Garden Grille was a bad spot for character dining
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Just wanted to give the thread an update. We ate at Garden Grill yesterday and I spoke with a CM who said that they will be stopping character dining sometime in October and will only be serving dinner.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Just wanted to give the thread an update. We ate at Garden Grill yesterday and I spoke with a CM who said that they will be stopping character dining sometime in October and will only be serving dinner.

That's sad, I'm not going to miss the GG character meals as much as I will Liberty Tree, we always make it a point to eat there for our big "character Meal" and its one of those places where the characters really take time and interact with the guests well.

PhoneDave, I agree with you for the most part but just wanted to point out that one thing about buffets/family style meals that appeals to some folks more than others is not the quantity but the fact that they have more control over what and how much they eat. Diabetics, carb counters, folks who have food allergies and others on special diets can often eat more of the foods they should and avoid the ones they shouldn't be eating easier in these settings. For example at LTT I'll load up on the meat, salad and all and still be able to eat desert without spiking my blood sugar thru the roof. I'f I go elsewhere and order a steak it's usually loaded with potatoes and other things I shouldn't be eating as much of... It's not always about the shovel. Sometimes it is about healthy eating! (with a shovel...)
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

From All Ears:

http://www.allears.net/din/restnews.htm

Interesting no mention of character changes at Garden Grill though.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    so you want all character meals gone?
    I'd like to see that personally myself.

But I don't believe that makes business sense or is guest friendly since many guests love it.

I just don't like the fact that so many places I once enjoyed have been taken away from me.

I loved King Stephan's/Cindy's. It didn't bother me when they offered the breakfast with Cindy and the gang. But when they took lunch and dinner too ... well, now I'll never eat in the castle again.

And when you look at MK dining, right now three locations have character meals at dinner and I think the right number is 1-2, so I'm happy I'll get LTT back as an option. Right now, fullserve dinner sans foamheads at MK is either the mediocre Tony's Town Square or the wonderful but tiny Plaza.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    PhoneDave, I agree with you for the most part but just wanted to point out that one thing about buffets/family style meals that appeals to some folks more than others is not the quantity but the fact that they have more control over what and how much they eat. Diabetics, carb counters, folks who have food allergies and others on special diets can often eat more of the foods they should and avoid the ones they shouldn't be eating easier in these settings. For example at LTT I'll load up on the meat, salad and all and still be able to eat desert without spiking my blood sugar thru the roof. I'f I go elsewhere and order a steak it's usually loaded with potatoes and other things I shouldn't be eating as much of... It's not always about the shovel. Sometimes it is about healthy eating! (with a shovel...)
    I never thought of that (having no such medical issues - knock on wood) I do know some people who have to watch their blood sugar and never though to suggest this. Thanks for the info.

We have a number of Ohana type places up here (a Churriscaria, if you know of them). One of the guys that works for me was up for a meeting and we went to one for dinner. He was on Atkins (I know, not medically necessary, as is your case, but ...) and he was in his glory because he could eat meat and nothing else.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• In my own neverland

I ate at LTT with my family when we went during the holidays last year. It was my first time IN YEARS doing a character dining arrangement. I was really impressed by it. Personally, the food was just ok. What made it a magical experience was the characters (and everyone in my family are now in the adult range so we didn't even have any small kids with us).

As Kevin Yee says, its definitely a decline by degrees IMO. I have never eaten at Garden Grill but have walked past it often watching lots of families having fun. Its too bad (esp since they are keeping the prices the same!)

• Crazy Furry

Let's see now, from my very first trip to WDW I did both character dinings at LTT and GG. Both places certainly had the best character interactions, Goofy surprised the heck out of my Mother when he pulled her by her chair into the picture with me at LTT and I had a little dance with Pluto at GG which my Mother considered that to be one of the best memories for her.

So yes I will be a bit bummed that both character dinings are going away, however I'm also on the side of those who don't mind them going away since I had lunch at LTT when it was still a la' Carte and it was very good.

However, I'm not for them charging the same price even though the characters are gone from the meal.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• Disney Fan

That really does stink. I loved going to the Liberty Tree Tavern for the Characters. The food was good but if I wanted a great meal I'd go to EPCOT.

All the times I dined there I never heard people complain about the characters. If anything they need more character dining not less.

Don't forget. It is still not to late to sign the petition located in my sig.
    Please pardon our dust as we gear up for an all new signature!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123