Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Save the ADVENTURERS CLUB at Pleasure Island!

Great Picture! Thanks!

The Adventures Club Lives On!

Fellow Adventurers,

It appears as though the Kungalooshes are making a return to the Laffer's Cantina this Saturday! On of the top "Save the Adventurers Club" Facebook Group infrmants, Dani, has this to say:

Save The Adventurers Club | FacebookListen up boys and girls! It's looking like Saturday night's Kungalooshing may have media coverage, so it's time to go to work. I've been in contact with Dewayne Bevil who covered the last Pleasure Island story for the Orlando Sentinel. Rumor has it that WESH 2 News may also make an appearance that night.

Look, the executives are testing us. Last time, in a moment's notice, Adventurers showed up and emptied the margarita machine in a few hours. This time they've given us three weeks. We need to show up in droves. Bring everyone you know. Let's induct new members on the stairs. I don't care! This is such an awesome oppurtunity to show them that we plan on having this Club returned!

I, for one, plan on being present for the Balderdash Cup Competition of 1938. Who's with me?
    So, if one Orlando Sentinel story heralded the closing of Pleasure Island, perhaps, if the turnout is massive enough, by this Sunday's edition we will see the headline "Due to Guest Feedback, Disney decideds to Return the Adventurers Club!"

Some days you eat the mouse.
    Some days the mouse eats you.
    But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

• Yo!

^ I'm a bit confuzzled.....what's going on exactly?

I really do hope the Adventurer's Club makes a return someday.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

Quote Originally Posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
    ^ I'm a bit confuzzled.....what's going on exactly?

I really do hope the Adventurer's Club makes a return someday.
    What's going on is that the Kungalooshes will be flowing on the "island" once again this Saturday night at the Laffer's Cantina across the walkway from the Adventurers Club! One of the regular bartenders from the Adventures Club "Jungle Juice" George will be working the bar so tip him well or he'll unplug the machine. :-)

It's not just the drinks, it's the chance to catch up with some old friends and meet some new ones. Non-Drinkers should come too! Plus, THE DJ'S ARE BACK! So you don't have to listen to a pan flute or steel drum band on the steps of the club! It could also go a long way to show Disney the support that the club still has, but if not...at least we had another night of fun.

KUNGALOOSH!

Bad news....but still good news!!! I stopped by the Laffers Cantina tonight to see if the bartender could still make the Kungaloosh this Saturday night. It turns out that just tonight, there was a "technical difficulty" with one of the dual frozen machines that pretty much kills that drink being made since the other regular menu selections need the two remaining machines. So no Kungaloosh. As sad as that is, it was never really about the single drink so much as the "gathering" of current and former Adventurers for a night of fun! This will still be a great night!! We'll all just be toasting to the bars tasty "Armadillo Punch" instead of the Kungaloosh! Or whatever "open bar" drink you select! It doesn't matter!
    Fah who foraze! Dah who doraze! Much like In "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" The Who's In Whosville will still celebrate the event even thought the Grinch took away all of the presents.
    Come one come all and still have a ball! Fun, Friends, and Adventurers' a like! Should be a great evening at PI this Saturday night! Plus it is the Festival Of The Masters so there will be a lot to see! Fellow Adventurers' look forward to seeing you there! KUNGALOOSH!!!!!

STR8FAN2005 wanted me to whip up a picture to represent Saturday Night's upcoming gathering, and well, I was taken by his "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" analogy, so without further adieu:

How I wish I could be down there to see this, it sounds like it will be a blast! Have an "Armadilo Punch" for me Adventurers!

KUNGALOOSH!

Hello Adventurers,

Unfortunatly we currently have a slow news week, so while everyone continues to send letters, e-mail, phone calls, ect. to the Disney Executive, here is a photo of another Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party Adventurers Club Group!

KUNGALOOSH!

• Cool Yule

Great costumes! I wonder, did they get "recognised" much?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Here's yet Here is yet another Mickey's Not So Scary Group. This time of all female adventurers in male character costumes!

KUNGALOOSH!

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Unable to head to the Adventurers Club anymore, my friends and I attempted to recreate the club for the night for my birthday party this year. Here are a few pictures (that's me as Otis):

(From left to right) Back row: Pamelia Perkins, Colonel Suchbench, Fletcher Hodges. Middle row: Fahni the Maid, Otis T. Wren, Samantha Sterling. Front row: Mandora, Emil Bleehall.

The Colonel leads us in the club theme song.

We did the whole radio show: Jump up for Jinkies!

THIS version of the Adventurers Club also included dinner...

...perhaps the real one will too when it returns.

We played the board game Balderdash to see who would win the Balderdash cup. Otis was not happy that Pamelia won.

We served Kungalooshes, took the oath, and even had a Hoopla complete with several performances.

More pictures here, if you're interested: Index of /brodie/album/2008/november/adventurersclubbirthday

Sad news everyone, Sugar Snapp just wrote to me to say that Blondie just found out that Bill, the regular at the club who the Adventurers would always razz for falling asleep, is possibly going to pass away this week. He is at Dr. Phillips hospital, and his wife Jean doesn't really have anyone down here. She needs all the support she can get. Sugar thinks that we all need to stick together and be there for them as only adventurers can! I'll add more info whenever I get it. Please pass the word on.

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

It's been a while since last posing, and unfortunately there is no new news about the Adventurer's Club reopening (yet) but I just wanted to post a few items that I have come across in my internet browsing that shows that the Adventurers Club refuses to die:

1) A Facebook event that looks like a promisingly fun day to anyone who may be in the Orlando area May 1st!
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=80177492135:
    20th Anniversary of the Adventurers Club

Start Time: Friday, May 1, 2009 at 12:00pm
    End Time: Saturday, May 2, 2009 at 12:00am

20 years ago this May 1st, the Adventurers Club first flung open their doors. The idea has been floated around to see if a bunch of people would like to gather, possibly in Adventurers costumes, and make a general nuisance of ourselves.

Park hopping has been suggested, as I'm sure we'll want to be well seen (to be more annoying to upper management), and because I can't decide if I want a beer from EPCOT or a Pineapple Whip from Adventureland more. A swing by Pleasure Island for photos may happen as well.
    More details to come as the date approaches
    2) Blondie as Six Bits at the normally unchanging "Hoop-Dee-Doo-Musical Review" sings "Bessie the Heifer"!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUabgGg1uFg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUabgGg1uFg[/ame]

There are new rumors sprouting up almost every week indicating that the Club's re-opening is imminent. So I believe that it is time again to send off a few more letters to the Disney Execs letting them know that Adventure keeps calling our name, and we want our Club back to satisfy the call!

KUNGALOOSH!

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

One of my friends down in Florida sent me a picture of a group of revelers at Pleasure Island on its 20th Birthday, raising a toast to the Grand Funmeister himself, Merriweather Adam Pleasure!

Apparently they thought that if Disney wasn't going to celebrate Pleasure Island (Even in this year of Celebrate Today) then someone had to, and it might as well be them! Well, I say a hearty Kungaloosh to you good Adventurers!

KUNGALOOSH!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Awwww, makes me sad. Kungaloosh.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

And a Merri-Kungaloosh to you, as well!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456