Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• back to WDW in January

AAA Preferred Parking

We just acquired a AAA parking pass/voucher for our upcoming trip and although they do provide some instructional info (including blackout dates, etc.), I have just a few questions for you experts out there regarding the AAA preferred parking situation at WDW:

Where are each of the AAA lots exactly?
    How close are they to the park entrances - really?
    Do they ever get full?
    Are you always guaranteed a space in their lot or area?
    Do you need to be at the parks at a certain time to be assured a space?
    If they do fill up, where are AAA folks directed to park?

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance

• Banned User

Re: AAA Preferred Parking

Quote Originally Posted by tjcjr View Post
    Where are each of the AAA lots exactly?
    In the main parking areas. At the MK... it is to the left of the handicapped area...meaning, youhave to walk about 5 mins to reach TTC before the monorail.
    How close are they to the park entrances - really?
    They get you close to the entrance but not that close. The closest one is at EPCOT, followed by DHS, then DAK... and MK having the farthest one.. a mile away. Usually, AAA areas are next to the handicapped areas, with handicapped spaces being the closest to the park entrances or TTC.
    Do they ever get full?
    No. However the one located at DAK is small and may be full early in the morning. Also.. if you arrive in the late afternoon, there are no CMs there anymore and anyone can pull up to those spaces and just walk to their parks without any AAA vouchers. CM on their time off and APers do this a lot.
    Are you always guaranteed a space in their lot or area?
    No. Depends on availability.
    Do you need to be at the parks at a certain time to be assured a space?
    No. But the priviledge may not be available on special "crowded" days, like 4th of july, new year'e eve, or days when something special is going on or they expect crowded conditions.
    If they do fill up, where are AAA folks directed to park?
    You can alway park in nearby spaces to the AAA when available.

• Rear Window=Best Movie

the magic kingdom one is right by the transportation ticket center. epcot's is right by thr monorail station. not sure about hollywood. AK, you'll never need it. They are just close enough their is no tram, but just far enough to where you'll be tired of walking. i've never seen the AAA lots get filled up. even @ christmas and thanksgiving. have a magical trip!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDWImagineer View Post
    the magic kingdom one is right by the transportation ticket center.
    To be exact, it is at the front 2 rows of the parking lot area to the farthest right, beyond the handicapped area. You still have to walk to get to the TTC...so it's not that close from the TTC ticket booths.
    epcot's is right by thr monorail station.
    Actually, the AAA spots are one whole parking section away from the monorail station.. at the lot that is directly across the kennel club, and the area is shared by CMs who work at EPCOT's front area, and also the trailer lot.
    not sure about hollywood.
    Located in between the non-disney bus parking area and the regular parking lot for guest...(the one closest to the park but the one they never allow anyone to use until late in the day?)

you'll never need it.
    The truth is... some people complain that they still have to walk a little to get to the parks because the AAA get no tram service... so, if walking is something you still prefer NOT to do, maybe is just worth it to park in the regular section, and catch the tran to the front of the park. In other words... the AAA lot is one of those benefits that is built on "expectations" rather than real benefit to guests. They just want to make AAA members feel special.

• back to WDW in January

Thanks for all the quick replies !!!

It doesn't sound like much of a benefit for us after all is said and done especially at MK. We usually get to that park pretty early and always get a space right up at the TTC entrance.

As for DHS and Epcot we stay at Epcot resorts so we almost always walk.

One question though regarding the attached:

No. However the one located at DAK is small and may be full early in the morning. Also.. if you arrive in the late afternoon, there are no CMs there anymore and anyone can pull up to those spaces and just walk to their parks without any AAA vouchers. CM on their time off and APers do this a lot.
    DAK may be the only place it could possibly come in handy but in the past we have arrived later than usual in the PM and the driving lanes were coned off disallowing us from getting as close as you mentioned above. Is there a way around this accessing the closer spaces that I am missing?

• Banned User

DAK may be the only place it could possibly come in handy but in the past we have arrived later than usual in the PM and the driving lanes were coned off disallowing us from getting as close as you mentioned above. Is there a way around this accessing the closer spaces that I am missing?
    Follow the signs to the medical/handicap parking... the AAA spots are next to that area. Most times up until around 2pm or so.. there is a CM stationed next to the AAA/handicap area. He/she will need to see the AAA voucher to allow you to preceed into that area. However, later in the day, the CM is no longer there and anyone can pull up to those spaces...as long as they know they are there..

One more thing... usually the AAA spots are painted with green parking lines, as opposed to white lines as is the rest of the lot.

• back to WDW in January

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Follow the signs to the medical/handicap parking... the AAA spots are next to that area. Most times up until around 2pm or so.. there is a CM stationed next to the AAA/handicap area. He/she will need to see the AAA voucher to allow you to preceed into that area. However, later in the day, the CM is no longer there and anyone can pull up to those spaces...as long as they know they are there..

One more thing... usually the AAA spots are painted with green parking lines, as opposed to white lines as is the rest of the lot.
    great info ... thanks again

• Rear Window=Best Movie

To be exact, it is at the front 2 rows of the parking lot area to the farthest right, beyond the handicapped area. You still have to walk to get to the TTC...so it's not that close from the TTC ticket booths.

Actually, the AAA spots are one whole parking section away from the monorail station.. at the lot that is directly across the kennel club, and the area is shared by CMs who work at EPCOT's front area, and also the trailer lot.

Located in between the non-disney bus parking area and the regular parking lot for guest...(the one closest to the park but the one they never allow anyone to use until late in the day?)

The truth is... some people complain that they still have to walk a little to get to the parks because the AAA get no tram service... so, if walking is something you still prefer NOT to do, maybe is just worth it to park in the regular section, and catch the tran to the front of the park. In other words... the AAA lot is one of those benefits that is built on "expectations" rather than real benefit to guests. They just want to make AAA members feel special.

ok??? thanx..... 4 the info.....

• Banned User

Forgot to add the AAA parking row is located in the Dopey section of the MK lot. If that helps give you an idea how far it is from the TTC.

• back to WDW in January

Forgot to add the AAA parking row is located in the Dopey section of the MK lot. If that helps give you an idea how far it is from the TTC.
    Just out of curiosity, is there such a thing as a "parking lot map" I could refer to?

• Banned User

Just out of curiosity, is there such a thing as a "parking lot map" I could refer to?
    I will borrow this picture taken by Mikeland, from his recent trip report to WDW and tell you the Dopey lot is to the left of the handicap logo on this map.
    Thanks Mikeland for this photo please... even though he neglected to tell me he was in town last saturday... Hmmm...

• back to WDW in January

I will borrow this picture taken by Mikeland, from his recent trip report to WDW and tell you the Dopey lot is to the left of the handicap logo on this map.
    Thanks Mikeland for this photo please... even though he neglected to tell me he was in town last saturday... Hmmm...
    Ah yes indeed, that Mikeland is such an indispensable, WDW-visual resource

• Banned User

Ah yes indeed, that Mikeland is such an indispensable, WDW-visual resource
    Well. You could check my visual resourses if you hung out more in the Hong Kong, Tokyo and Weekend Update sections here on micechat, and put the links in my signature to good use... just a thought.

• back to WDW in January

Well. You could check my visual resourses if you hung out more in the Hong Kong, Tokyo and Weekend Update sections here on micechat, and put the links in my signature to good use... just a thought.
    subtle and modest ... but just so you don't feel slighted, I have visited your photo sites many times and I am indeed humbled by your artistry and talent (and now your obvious knowledge of all things 'parking'.)
    And not to worry, I have also referred a good number of folks your way and will continue to do so as long as you continue to post such fine work.

• Banned User

Oh dear. I feel the love. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast