Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: WDW Since 1994...Reasons to be Happy

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    This is way off topic, but if you're going to Universal, go to both parks and don't miss Spiderman at Islands of Adventure. One of the very best rides in all of Orlando.
    Yes, I am certainly looking forward to Spider Man...I am well read on theme parks, just not as well travelled as some ...though I hope for that to change over the course of the next decade or two! My only gripe with IOA is that besides Spider Man, the other rides there just don't interest me much...though I am very much looking forward to the HP kuka arm ride.
    Down with the Hat

• Banned User

You can get a very affordable twofer deal for both parks. At IOA, I also liked Incredible Hulk, Dueling Dragons, Jurassic Park, Cat in the Hat and the flume rides.

• Banned User

Just bumping this UP since this is the type of topics that sometimes WDW1974 and I post but sink to the bottom rapidly.

• Rear Window=Best Movie

first, Kilimanjaro is fantastic!
    second, tomorrowland is amazing. don't change it. except get rid of that stitch crap. the lighting is impeccapble @ night.
    third, caroseul (?) of progress is a true treasure. i visit that attraction everytime i'm there.
    fourth, again CBJ is great fun. you can't have a disney park without talking animals.
    fifth, DHS is a very aesthetically appealing park. the art deco theme is very nice.
    Their is absolutely nothing horrendous about WDW. except stitch, (of course) people who complain are naysayers hard 2 please.....
    TDLFan, I await you reply...... i know it's coming
    Last edited by WDWImagineer; 07-07-2008 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Just bumping this UP since this is the type of topics that sometimes WDW1974 and I post but sink to the bottom rapidly.
    Which is truly a SHAME because we both happen to love WDW and enjoy many aspects even in its current Walmarted state.

And I agree with YoYo about the WL -- my favorite WDW resort -- although since it opened in '94 (I stayed there opening week! ... and another 60-70 nights since then) I think it technically gets cut out. So I'll add the AKL in its place (although I'm not happy about it being DVC'd)

One of the best things at WDW since 1994 -- the California Grill, which opened in '95 and has somehow managed to sustain excellence since Day 1.

• Banned User

This was mentioned briefly in post #1, but I do have to highlight again how much I LOVED the freshly refurbed Haunted Mansion at MK. A smashing success, both artistically and technically. The best sound ever in the Stretching room and Doombuggies, the best looking Constance and most dazzling graveyard, etc. Plus the new scene is a triumph. My favorite ride in the world.

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    I've said this before, but apparently people are still making incorrect assumptions about Mission: Space. I am someone who is sensitive to spinning rides, yet had no problem on the spinning version of Mission. There are simple rules to follow to avoid nausea or dizziness: look straight ahead of you at all times, and don't close your eyes. If you follow the rules, you'll be in for a great ride.
    Thats what is great about the Green version. My six year old daughter, wife, and mom all enjoyed this version that has no spinning. I've done the Orange version twice, but skipped this version the last two times.

I love staying at the Boardwalk Resort. Taking boats to Epcot or DHS, watching fireworks at night, the nightlife, the restuarants, just amazing. Favorite place to stay and built in 96.

• Banned User

I agree that the green version is no risk for everyone, and still enjoyable. But once I tried the orange team, I knew I could never go back to the green. The orange is just far more exciting and thrilling.

I like the updating to Pirates of the Caribbean. The Davey Jones water effect is amazing,even though adding the movie pirates made the story line a little confusing.

Let see, There is Animal Kingdom, Star Wars Weekend, Turtle Talk with Crush, Soaring, Millionare for a time, Playhouse Disney, Test Track, and pooh.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Playhouse Disney? Really?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Playhouse Disney? Really?
    Bear is cool. I love me some Muppets.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Fortuosity!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Bear is cool. I love me some Muppets.
    Bear (and his cool theme park appearance) is dead, and so are other good Playhouse Disney shows unfortunately.
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Angie_Duke View Post
    Bear (and his cool theme park appearance) is dead, and so are other good Playhouse Disney shows unfortunately.
    Yes, I believe there is a new generation of Playhouse Disney. I liked Bear in the Big Blue House too. Still, IMO, Playhouse Disney doesn't not belong in the theme parks, as the characters only gear toward toddlers. Definately NOT fun for the entire family, something Disney has always prided themselves on.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    Yes, I believe there is a new generation of Playhouse Disney. I liked Bear in the Big Blue House too. Still, IMO, Playhouse Disney doesn't not belong in the theme parks, as the characters only gear toward toddlers. Definately NOT fun for the entire family, something Disney has always prided themselves on.
    It is fun for the whole family. If I get my one year niece watching this, it works for me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast